Songthaeo from Pattaya to Jomtien

thecyclist

Pattaya baht buses are one of the biggest bargains ever unless you attempt to talk to the driver in which case he may well think you want him to take you straight away to your destination like a taxi.

Just shut up, get in and you will rarely be expected to pay more than 10 baht for the standard routes.

In spite of all the nitpicking it is the perfect transport system for Pattaya.  Just imagine if all baht buses were gone and there were big 50 pax buses roaring around trying to get through narrow streets or a few hundred more taxis carrying one or two passengers at a time.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Fair maybe but that's double the fare.

Jingthing....This is kind of like having food delivered......Your not required to give the guy who delivers your food a tip......But I always try and give them a 20 baht tip to help them out...I feel good my little tip helps them...

Same with Baht Buses.....Short rides I pay 10 but long rides I pay 20....Not because I have too....But to help the driver out....

7 hours ago, pomchop said:

Pattaya baht buses are one of the biggest bargains ever unless you attempt to talk to the driver in which case he may well think you want him to take you straight away to your destination like a taxi.

Just shut up, get in and you will rarely be expected to pay more than 10 baht for the standard routes.

In spite of all the nitpicking it is the perfect transport system for Pattaya.  Just imagine if all baht buses were gone and there were big 50 pax buses roaring around trying to get through narrow streets or a few hundred more taxis carrying one or two passengers at a time.  

Some people here would still be complaining about the baht buses even if the fare was One baht......

Heck even if the fare was 20 or 30 baht it would still be a good deal....

27 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Heck I give them 20 for every trip, sometimes even get a surly nod of acknowledgement from the driver, but I am more satisfied by the groans and grumbles from the tank top and flip-flop  brigade in the back!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Fair maybe but that's double the fare.

I have paid 15 B a number of times from Jomtien  central area to Pattaya Central World  Mall. 

If I go from Jomtien central Area to Pattaya Terminal 21,  I pay 20 B

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pomchop said:

Too bad Phuket and Samui not have same. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 12:46 AM, redwood1 said:

Some people here would still be complaining about the baht buses even if the fare was One baht......

When you see Thais of limited means, taking a baht bus to go 100 yards, then you know the baht bus is too cheap.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1