So the arrival forms are now back

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

anyone got any info on mae sai border/ burma for a exempt stamp...I read its open now but not sure for whom...articles are vague, as usual...

Mae Sot has re-opened but when I visited Mae Sai 6 weeks back it was still closed... 

Thread on Mae Sot re-opening here 

• Thanks 1

A post with a link to a disallowed source has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I really cant see anything that indicates she was on a power trip. It reads more to me like the OP was simply offended that she asked.

I would also.

Seems to be an expat living in Thailand given has an annual extension and reentry permit.

Her questions were not required. 

Surprised she didn't ask if could show 20k to support his stay.

The io was being a j erk

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

A friend of mine, on a world cruise, alighted at Laem Chabang a few days ago for a two-day stopover.  Didn’t have to go through any immigration, didn’t have to fill in any forms or show passport or anything - just walked off the boat, caught a bus and was in Pattaya half an hour later !  Seems strange given all the rigmarole the rest of us have to go through !

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AlbionBob said:

A friend of mine, on a world cruise, alighted at Laem Chabang a few days ago for a two-day stopover.  Didn’t have to go through any immigration, didn’t have to fill in any forms or show passport or anything - just walked off the boat, caught a bus and was in Pattaya half an hour later !  Seems strange given all the rigmarole the rest of us have to go through !

That was not the case when My aunt and uncle got off a cruise at Lat Krabang. They got processed off the boat, and back on. We picked them up and drove them around patts and whatnot then took them back. They got us on the boat for lunch and a tour, it was great. That must have been 14-15 years ago.

Could not talk my wife into taking a cruise before that, but after she saw the ship and the buffet we went on one every few years since.

11 hours ago, flexomike said:

TM6 forms were only stopped at airports, land border crossings continued to use them

OK, thanks I wasn't aware of that. So my post is useless. Maybe a mod can delete it.

• Thumbs Up 1