Weed found in system of "Inspector Kan" after shooting incident in Sai Mai, Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: Autopsy results on mad inspector

An initial autopsy result checking on the blood of a slain policeman has revealed the presence of marijuana.

Thai media had pictures of a bong in the corner of Pol Lt-Col Kittikan Saengbun's room.

The man - being called "Inspector Kan" in the Thai press died after a shootout at a house in Soi Jiramangkorn, Sai Mai, northern Bangkok.

Lt-Gen Torsak Sukhwimon said that full autopsy results will be available in three days.

Medics said the senior metropolitan policeman died from blood loss as a result of being shot. He also jumped from the second storey of the property during a siege, reported Sanook.

His elder brother, a senior policeman himself, has questioned the police investigation so far.

He has questioned the manner in which his brother was shot and the actions of police.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1

I think the officer in charge of this mad man is guilty,if the man was known

to be mentally ill then WHY was he allowed to keep his gun?

I know the gun is a personal item but have they not learned anything from the recent past?

Oh yeah and then there is the amnesty rule on owning (illegal) guns.

Madness i say.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

An initial autopsy result checking on the blood of a slain policeman has revealed the presence of marijuana.

That's because it is legal and it will show up in drug tests for days or more.  It doesn't mean the guy was high.  However, it's another Brick in the Reefer Madness Wall.

The powers to be should concentration of the alcohol problem that is endemic in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I just read that the guy had a history of mental illness. If that is the case then cannabis could have send him over the edge. But its not proof of anything plus if you know you have mental illness you should not take it. That is just stupid.

Banning cannabis because of it is like saying we should ban alcohol because there are alcoholics. There will always be stupid people. But in the article it stated the guy was already acting strange 5 days before. Looks like a mental breakdown to me. 

Wonder if it was because of his case load or was he possibly under investigation.....

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wonder if it was because of his case load or was he possibly under investigation.....

So many options but its easy to put the finger at cannabis as it better then to say the police overworked him or the hospital failed him with his treatment. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Dont forget that cannabis can be in the system for days/weeks  without having any effect. So its easy to find cannabis in the system of someone who uses it. Does not mean he was stoned at the moment or that it influenced his actions. 

Cannabis has a calming effect, unlike meth or alcohol.

Back in the day we use to have many names for weed such as Whacky Weed (strong stuff) .

Havent indulged in over 15 years! Do they treat Thai weed to make it stronger now?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

I'm sure he was using it for medicinal purposes only in-line with Anutins guidelines.

• Confused 1