Do you support "15 minute cities" in order to save the planet from man-made global warming?

connda

Do you support "15 minute cities" in order to save the planet from man-made global warming?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 8:43 AM, save the frogs said:

does the AI on youtube know that i'm posting in this thread?

oddly, a video about 15 minute cities popped in my feed.

they're not banning road trips ... 

Not for the rich anyways...

I haven't watched all of this yet. It's 45 minutes.

But the wording of the video suggests it's not an evil plot?

In Barcelona, they're planning to block cars off every 3rd street by 2030.

But they claim "citizens will have a much greater freedom of movement". 

• Haha 1

Our 15 Minute City in action ... saving the planet ????

Dog & myself on E-MB, most customers arrived by pedal bike or walked, maybe.  A true success story ...

... unless, you want more out of life, beside servitude to the elite.  I'll guess half the Amphur population (45 of 90k) are 15 minutes from or within 'town center', by walking or bicycle.

But, the other half, may only have K-6 grade schools available.  Possibly a local clinic, for minimal prenatal & vaccines, antibacterial meds & stitches only.

There in no Uni in the Amphur, and no real trauma hospital, for even minor, possibly life saving procedures.   Which I found out last year, as had to be transferred about 100 kms away, for a minor 11 minute, probable immediate, or very near future, life saving procedure, or my life expectancy of 67.7 yrs (if born 1954) would have been a reality.

For those that want more, higher education, skilled job, freedom from elite servitude, real hospital, then you need to be in a metro area, which much of TH's population is not.

Krung Thep 9-14M people

Samut Prakan 2M (?)

10 metro areas of < 500k = 5M (being generous)

Leaves more than a few of the 67M people without a free from servitude future, if living in a 15 minute city of equal or less than my city/Amphur.

Edited by KhunLA