‘I could have lost my life’: Tourist’s bungee cord snaps in midair in Thailand

webfact

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I guess up the age of 30, I might have consider doing something like this......in the UK.........but never, ever in Thailand.

I guess it makes more sense to engage in such activities when much older as there is ‘less life to waste’ if things go sideways !!!! 

I used to see people doing bungee jumps in car-parks in the UK... No thanks, no interest. 

But, 134m high over a Canyon near Queenstown NZ... Sure, point me in the right direction !!

I’d have done it numerous times, but for the cost - but never in Thailand. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ouch !!... very lucky fella... 

I’ve bungee jumped , sky dived, zip-lined through forests etc...  BUT, I will never do any of these activities in Thailand...  (call this a Thai bash if you want - it is exactly that). In Thailand there is no accountability for safety failures whatsoever, ergo there is no real incentive to ensure equipment maintenance is carried out and equipment and practices are safe. 

Yes, did the sky diving & parasailing in the states.   Bungee, OK over water here, as vid show, unless 'unhooked' at the top, you're not hitting the water hard.

Shark diving (no cage) was quality outfit in the Bahamas, well researched & reputation.

My driving as a youngin' was more dangerous in reality, and amazing I didn't kill myself, and thankfully never hurt anyone.

Zip Lining never interest me, but more than a few horror stories about Thai operations.  That takes, needs way too much maintenance.

If I was a bit younger, or bounced a bit better, might give paragliding or lite aircraft a try.  But prefer to finish my years, wheelchair free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The group also planned to do the ’tree-top zip-line adventure’....  I put a stop to that, not in Thailand. 

Wife explained to the others, they actually understood and agreed...  

More likely to die on the roads going there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Nah, he will be back here pronto. He can't stay away from those beaches and temples ????

Ah.. the mind of a shining intellect !!!... someone is here for the cheap hookers ergo projects all other males are....    :whistling:  ????  ????   ????   ????