Thaksin back in Thailand on May 16th - calls for a landslide election victory to get country out of a "black hole"

webfact

On 4/5/2023 at 4:50 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

He is a convicted criminal, sentenced to prison multiple times.

It was all over the news for years. Maybe you should inform yourself before asking stupid questions. 

It is a total sham, and you know it. Nothing about my question was stupid.  I can't say the same for your response. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not a total sham, and everybody who knows the facts, won't deny that.

There are no such things as absolutes.  It was a sham. Thaksin was appropriately and lawfully elected. 

I can't say he was lawfully unelected, and neither could you.  

Edited by DudleySquat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DudleySquat said:

There are no such things as absolutes.  It was a sham. Thaksin was appropriately and lawfully elected. 

I can't say he was lawfully unelected, and neither could you.  

Yes, he was lawfully elected. And he broke a couple of laws and he misused his position in power to enrich himself.

That is why he was convicted, several times. And that is why he should be in jail.

You can look up the details why he was convicted. Guilty without doubt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, he was lawfully elected. And he broke a couple of laws and he misused his position in power to enrich himself.

That is why he was convicted, several times. And that is why he should be in jail.

So....what of the boys of the last 8 years?

Shouldn't we deal with what is here and now, instead of being obsessed over some wealthy old man that will never be punished for his alleged crimes. 

On 4/2/2023 at 6:44 PM, hotandsticky said:

"Law and order".....like the War on drugs  -  and widespread corruption.

Just a different snout in the trough.

But a snout that actually got elected by the Thai people and not installed by tanks rolling through the streets in a coup and then installed HIS cronies to run their version of corruption.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's get this straight. First Thaksin is NOT coming back on May 16th, not unless he's given a free pass not to go to jail. Like Trump, he's living in the past as to to his level of support, and like Trump he'll Balme other when his support doesn't materialise to keep him out of jail. 

Second, Thaksin is a device figure who will be no help at all getting Thailand out of its black hole caused by Prayut and his army and family cronies. As fantastic a job he did for Thailand in the early eighties following the 1997 crash, he was brought down by the elites who could not abide the poor being given a shot at a decent life. The elites are greedy people who want everything and the poor to have absolutely nothing. Thailand can go nowhere while the disgusting attitude of the wealthy abides in the land. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Let's get this straight. First Thaksin is NOT coming back on May 16th, not unless he's given a free pass not to go to jail. Like Trump, he's living in the past as to to his level of support, and like Trump he'll Balme other when his support doesn't materialise to keep him out of jail. 

Second, Thaksin is a device figure who will be no help at all getting Thailand out of its black hole caused by Prayut and his army and family cronies. As fantastic a job he did for Thailand in the early eighties following the 1997 crash, he was brought down by the elites who could not abide the poor being given a shot at a decent life. The elites are greedy people who want everything and the poor to have absolutely nothing. Thailand can go nowhere while the disgusting attitude of the wealthy abides in the land. 

Yet, couldn't one make a case that the Shinawatras belong to that elitist class? Granted.....a different class of elite association - but, same club.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't trust the legal system in my own country.  It's weaponized and run by Democrats.  If you were indicted for something, I would be reticent to believe it.  

I trust this legal system less than the USA.  

Who said he committed a crime?  Was it his political opposition?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not a total sham, and everybody who knows the facts, won't deny that.

Everyone or everyone who knows the facts? Which facts are these? Is there a study-guide so I can know the facts too?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, let's deal with the here and now.

There is a chance that the daughter of Thaksin will be elected to be Thai PM. And if that happens we can be sure that she will follow the orders of her father. And we can be sure that she will try to whitewash him - just like his sister did a couple of years ago. And we all know Thaksin wants revenge.

All that is happening right now.

I would be delighted if Thaksin would live or die in the desert and if we would never hear from him again. But that is unfortunately not what is happening.

Who wants that history repeats itself? Look at what happened when the criminal and his family were in charge. Never again!

thailand02_wide-0382ddb22bd17e8311c06342

If that's from 2010 it's what happened when the elected government was removed by the judiciary and the appointed PM refused to hold elections.

Nobody died in that fire.  Lots of people died from soldiers bullets during the protest for democracy.

Edited by heybruce
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If that's from 2010 it's what happened when the elected government was removed by the judiciary and the appointed PM refused to hold elections.

A joyous time Brother for those who suck at the tit of the omnipotent State. 

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Your mind works in very mysterious ways.  Have you ever been taught logic? 

Nevermind.  Forget I asked.   You wrote above that he was lawfully elected. 

1.  Was he lawfully unelected?  

You claim he broke laws.   

1.  Was he convicted of any crimes while in office? 

I can point you to a place where you may learn logic. 

Notice I said may and not can.  One hopes you get the difference. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Yet, couldn't one make a case that the Shinawatras belong to that elitist class? Granted.....a different class of elite association - but, same club.

Same social class but different network (or club). Thaksin was well tolerated as long as he wasn't challenging the yellow-green network. After all, the economy was going well and they were making good money.

What lost him is that he started to create his own competing network. If I remember well, the old elite felt threatened by the possible occurrence of a "duo" (I cannot be more explicit).

16 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

So....what of the boys of the last 8 years?

Shouldn't we deal with what is here and now, instead of being obsessed over some wealthy old man that will never be punished for his alleged crimes. 

Nobody is suggesting the current lot aren't guilty of a whole lot of unethical things and also guilty of lack of development of Thailand. Being realistic about the power bases in play removing them is not so easy but I bellieve the time will come when the the populace will get brave enough to throw them out and brave enough to punish them but I'm not holding my breath.

None of what's happening right now means that the paymaster who did break laws and do unethical things should be forgotten. Br broke laws.

Edited by scorecard

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, let's deal with the here and now.

There is a chance that the daughter of Thaksin will be elected to be Thai PM. And if that happens we can be sure that she will follow the orders of her father. And we can be sure that she will try to whitewash him - just like his sister did a couple of years ago. And we all know Thaksin wants revenge.

All that is happening right now.

I would be delighted if Thaksin would live or die in the desert and if we would never hear from him again. But that is unfortunately not what is happening.

Who wants that history repeats itself? Look at what happened when the criminal and his family were in charge. Never again!

thailand02_wide-0382ddb22bd17e8311c06342

Stop taking the stuff you do you are making a fool of your self 

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, rabiedabruce said:

Baht already weakening. However, don't expect it to last when the present shower resume their authoritarianism. Taksin may very well stir the pot causing it to weaken a LOT. However, loathe him and his family of inbreds too.

But that is only your opinion.

Others may differ. I certainly do.