Tourists challenged: Break "Skywalk" get Bt500K

webfact

39 minutes ago, PPGuy said:

Will the winner also receive a Darwin award after disappearing into the abyss?

I did some 'crazy' hiking and climbing in NZ and Oz, often dangerous, and more than once I  almost fell off 'the cliff', but walking that distance on glass, made and constructed in Thailand?? I'm crazy, not suicidal! ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Visited this temple &  skywalk on the way home from Chiang Khong in February. What I've noticed from photo #4 is that the number of people on the skywalk is well in excess of the maximum number permitted at the same time, which is displayed on the safety signage near the skywalk entrance. So perhaps that's why one of the panels broke. As when I visited there was nobody controlling the numbers going onto the skywalk.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Tests were done on the broken piece that was still able to withstand 2,950 kilos of sand.

So I don't think that anyone need be too concerned about the safety aspects of this structure. I'd have no qualms about walking out on it.

A lot safer than being on any mountain trail @StayinThailand2much. Yes, I've been on quite a few myself.

12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

So I don't think that anyone need be too concerned about the safety aspects of this structure. I'd have no qualms about walking out on it.

A lot safer than being on any mountain trail @StayinThailand2much. Yes, I've been on quite a few myself.

Sure. If you do it, let us know. Maybe it's safer than it looks like.

18 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

18 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Sure. If you do it, let us know. Maybe it's safer than it looks like.

I don't travel too much nowadays, so I doubt whether I shall be roaming that far from home. But I've been out on the one at Wat Pha Tak Suea near Nong Khai and I had no safety concerns there.

However, the completely unguarded cliffs close by were another matter!

Edited by Moonlover

6 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I did some 'crazy' hiking and climbing in NZ and Oz, often dangerous, and more than once I  almost fell off 'the cliff', but walking that distance on glass, made and constructed in Thailand?? I'm crazy, not suicidal! ????

Why did you voluntarily risk your life? Just curious.

The challenge is out there!

Is the Skywalk overlooking a National Park?

If so, I hope it isn't a 2 tier challenge... 

i.e.  Broken by a Thai  -  500,000 Baht.

Broken by a Farang  -  5,000 Baht.  

• Haha 1