From Songkran splashes to handcuffs: Two Hong Kong men arrested for shooting humourless cops with water

snoop1130

A few squirts would probably have been OK.

Following (pushing) them like that forced the police to assert themselves.

Som Nam Na fun loving **** heads.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Cops here somehow expect to be treated in a manner with more respect than the other members of the public. Yet, they constantly forget respect has to be earned, and never freely given. So, these clowns over reacted, and did their bit in destroying the recovery of tourism. Both cops should immediately be terminated, have their passports revoked, and sent into exile. They might learn something about treating tourists with some respect. 

Having said all that, common sense would dictate you leave the cops alone. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Cops here somehow expect to be treated in a manner with more respect than the other members of the public. Yet, they constantly forget respect has to be earned, and never freely given. So, these clowns over reacted, and did their bit in destroying the recovery of tourism. Both cops should immediately be terminated, have their passports revoked, and sent into exile. They might learn something about treating tourists with some respect. 

I do read your comments with great interest always as they are insightful and content heavy.

This one goes over the board though in my opinion. At least in my 20 years of experience, the Thai Police is not as bad a rendered often and have shown professionalism (at least towards me) whenever I encountered them.

Try to splash water on Police somewhere else and you get clubbed (rightfully in my opinion).

• Thumbs Up 1

In Hong Kong "Kowloon City District,  the arrested local Hong Kongers were purposefully chasing down and aiming the water gun towards Hong Hong Policemen and  "TVB" broadcast cameraman.  

On the net these arrested announced the action was  " It’s Time To Win VS HK Po "  

These were some cowardice type. 

During 2019 riot,  These same type were harassing young sons/daughters  of HK Police officers in primary schools and kindergardens. . 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, IgboChief said:

I do read your comments with great interest always as they are insightful and content heavy.

This one goes over the board though in my opinion. At least in my 20 years of experience, the Thai Police is not as bad a rendered often and have shown professionalism (at least towards me) whenever I encountered them.

Try to splash water on Police somewhere else and you get clubbed (rightfully in my opinion).

Incident Happened in Hong Kong.    

You got it all wrong. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think you got your wires a bit crossed. HK police, not RTP; in HK not Thailand; perps are indigenous, not foreign tourists

This takes me back a few years, when our local village had our Songkran party (its back on this year 16th) one Cop had a water pistol in his Holster, after having powder put all over his face, bending over a blue water barrel to wash it off, my Missus walked up behind him and dunked his head in, :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: he took it all in good humor :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, sscc said:

Incident Happened in Hong Kong.    

You got it all wrong. 

Thanks for pointing it out, though my argument stands: Splashing water on a police force will trigger a reaction everywhere in the world and Thai police is not as bad as rendered here in the forum. Come to West Africa when you want to see really bad forced.

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You shouldn't comment if you don't understand the article ????

• Haha 1

Kowloon is only good for two things:

- Overpriced shopping

- Ferry terminal to mainland China

My friend was eating lunch yesterday inside a Big C food court when a Thai woman sneaked up behind him and dumped a large bucket of water all over him......  Yes, inside the food court!

1 hour ago, sscc said:

Incident happened in Hong Kong involving Hong Kong locals, Hong Kong Police officers,  Hong Kong Journalist on .  

You mentioned Passport ?   You got it all wrong. 

Yes, I got the Hong Kong part wrong. But, the same ideas apply. Revoke their passports and deport them to Burkina Faso! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

This takes me back a few years, when our local village had our Songkran party (its back on this year 16th) one Cop had a water pistol in his Holster, after having powder put all over his face, bending over a blue water barrel to wash it off, my Missus walked up behind him and dunked his head in, :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: he took it all in good humor :thumbsup:

Yeah, in Thailand the cops seem to have some humor. After all, they are Thai, and humor seems to be part of the Thai DNA, thankfully. Not so, in many other places. 

• Like 1