How many would we have left?

Having had one bashing threat on ThaiVisa, and one death threat on ASEAN, I would quit immediately a photo was demanded as a condition of posting here.

My guess is most other posters, apart from narcissists, would too.

I refuse to be on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and WhatsApp, any data I was required to give them would be sold to the highest bidder.

Is someone flying a kite here?

• Haha 1

Anonymous feedback is important.  If you order something online and it is broken, you should be able to leave a review.  If a movie is garbage, you should be able to say it without someone knocking on your door or spamming lies about you in a fit of revenge.

Julian Assange used his real name and now he is doing life in prision.  Jesus used his real name and he was nailed to a cross.

If I say cats are better than dogs, I don't want some mentalist coming looking for me.  If 1 million people say they want change they should be able to feel safe.

It is important to maintain anonymity.

Edited by markclover
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A common self-deception.

I did say 'most' vocal members.  I really have nothing in common with them.   Rarely drink alcohol, don't P4P, and actually like Thai people and my in-laws.

Actually chose to live in TH, not out of financial or social necessity.  Nothing wrong with the financial part, if needing, but does mean I have no regrets with my choice, and never feel stuck here.

Along with thinking farangs per capita, are more irresponsible & worse drivers than the locals.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I make little attempt to hide my identity (KhunLA knows who i am, but i doubt many others do), but i am not afraid to leave clues, as i do not troll. Would probably post a photo if necessary. Someone said you would be surprised how much data about you is on the internet, and you should google your name. Long time since i did that, so did again. I have an uncommon name, but google gave me more than 10 pages of links - none of which was me! The sheer quantity of data out there means most of your data/activity is very hard to retrieve.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm up for all sorts of identifications for members seeing as many may suffer from alcoholic blackouts and be unable to self-identify if asked. lol ????.

A recent, more toned down snap of me.

Please note a considerable lessening of facial piercings in support of reduction from my previous more extremist anarchist leanings.

image.png.87f14a3d0643e319b0a936e5ec4e85ee.png 

Edited by Tropposurfer

On 4/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, simon43 said:

I have no problem with this at all.  I have nothing to hide and am not a snowflake if someone wants to troll me.  I use my real name and photos on other websites. I posted an image that included my photo in a thread just a few days ago.  

same here no problem

On 4/18/2023 at 12:46 AM, KhunLA said:

Already done so, along with house, car, maps  ... I'm and open book.

Censorship will probably drive me away, in the not too distant future.  Along with not having much in common with most members.

Already arrived here ????

Edited by Menken

I haven't had FB for well over seven years, never had TT or Twitter. Privacy and trust issues

As this place had lost its collective mind in last five years going woke + covid it'll never see me as a joiner.

What's more, while I definitely learn things from time to time there is really nothing here I don't know or can't find out via internet or friends. Assinenow might lose all it's membership.

This type of forum would have already been eaten up but it's such not a money spinner then to drive a stake in it's heart over past few years... Only reason a new board hasn't come along is Thai forums need moderation unlike other countries due to overly sensitive Thais and a bizarre legal system.

Edited by Menken

On 4/18/2023 at 5:44 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Some people just don't want to share all aspects of their life with all people in their life.

I.e. I don't have fb and I never had it.

I have friends in the bar business, and I am not ashamed of them. And I have colleagues at work. And I have business customers. And sometimes I visit the gf's family up country. And there are a few people from back home. Do all of them need to know about all my activities with the others? No. I don't want that everybody knows about every aspect of my life. I don't want that anybody can dissect what I said here or there. It's called privacy. 

Agreed. I do all I can to remain not only a closed book but an empty book to the internet.  

Anybody that reveals any more of their personal details, especially pictures, than necessary on any social medium is living dangerously.

I highly recommend the documentary "Social Dilemma". If you use any of the popular social media and can watch this without squirming, then you aren't paying attention.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Menken said:

Already arrived here ????

Yea, I know, my patience with it is getting thin.  Along with having discussions with 'ignorant', (to be nice) posters, trolling, who seem to enjoy arguing for the sake of.

Have the threads that interest me, solar, EVs, photos, movies, bookmarked, so when the rainy season starts, may just open those, to see what's new.   Though I think I have all the info I need, since having, or can't really contribute much more to help.

Something to read with morning coffee.