Extension of stay denied at CW because I spent 1 night in hotel

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What type of extension?

What was reason given for rejection? 

Guessing they were asking for TM30.

Was your previous annual extension done at CW? 

Seriously post sensible details. 

I have done all my extensions at CW for the past 10 years. I stayed at 30 different hotels before covid every year and they never cared. Now after only 1 night I have to chase the landlord to report me.

Do you fancy any other details?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

the TM30 exercise is an odd one.  i'm at a hotel outside bkk (but in thailand) for a few days every month. my apartment manager has no idea when i return from these trips so does not do a new TM30.  but whatever she prints off for me before i go to CW each year seems to do the job.  

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

I have done all my extensions at CW for the past 10 years. I stayed at 30 different hotels before covid every year and they never cared. Now after only 1 night I have to chase the landlord to report me.

Do you fancy any other details?

Did you use the hotel address on your application for extension of stay or your home address?

Did you provide a TM30 for your home address?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

The version of ChatGPT that is free for public use, v3.5, is a bit of a joke. It was "fed" a very limited amount of information, only 300 billion words or so and that data cuts off sometime in 2021.

Also it's not actually an AI, it's just an in-development computer program and it can't distinguish fact from fiction. So, for example, if most of the data it has been fed calls an extension a visa renewal then how will it know any different?

I don't understand why people are putting so much store by it. Perhaps they're the ones with "artificial" intelligence.

ChatGPT is a useful tool if you understand its limitations. It is based on information posted over the years by human beings. Most of the information posted by humans (as a perusal of this forum will suggest) is nonsense or misinformation. While the tool makes some attempt to evaluate which information is most likely to be trustworthy, such filtering at the current time is unreliable. So, sure, the information it provides is usually dubious: in this situation, perhaps, no better than a Thai embassy website. However, it provides a baseline that you can check for accuracy against other sources.

It probably still bepends on where you are and who ypu are talking to re this TM30 Problem I think.

Dec. Last yeat I got fined 1,000 for goimg to Bangkok snd staying in a Hotel there, who reported that I was there as they are suposed to I think. But my problem was,  I did not report when I went mack home the nrct day. So I was left staying in BKK in there system. 

The boss then said later that I should not have been foned ? ... But the woman that did it ... (who was pk as she granted me my extension also eventually ) ... gave him her reasons for finimg me,  and he just threw his hands up and " said something like ^What the F then ... just pay tbefine"  and signed and stamped me in for another 12 months. ...

But I still now would re report back near my home, if I have been away and the hotel that I stayed in reported that I eas there. ... What ever any one might say ? ...

Like you probably stayed in the Hotel 1 day and they reported you were there ...  but you did not report when you got back home. ? ... So your records would have said you were in BKK and not at home with your wife  ... your reason for the stay. 

They also s3nt the Imm police around to my home to check that I lived there after that. Before the issued mt extension.

I make no judgements here. ...  I jus5 deal with it.

• Confused 3