90 day online notification rejected due to need "update TM30"?

On 4/24/2023 at 8:05 AM, DrJack54 said:

I have live here same address 10 years and have never done a TM30. 

CW immigration. 

Extensions from non O retirement.

Same here. I own the condo I live in with my wife, and for the annual marriage extension I always show CW Immigration my chanote. That seems to satisfy them. Several years ago I filled in a TM30, but the IO didn't ask for it.

18 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Just a heads up
PHUKET:
my 90  day online was rejected cause my extension was issued in a province other than Phuket>>

no problem doing a walk in 90 day report thou  ????

I don't understand how it is possible having done an EXTENSION in another Province, that you can do your 90-day report in Phuket. Can you please elaborate.

= = =

When you are on a VisaExempt or TouristVisa you can apply for a 30-day extension in any Imm Office, but in large majority of cases they would want you to provide them with a copy of the TM-30 notification of the place where you are staying in that Province.

When you are on a Non Imm O Visa you can apply for a 1-year extension at the provincial Imm Office that issued the original Visa or previous extension (unless you offically relocated to another province).

But afaik you only need to do a 90-day report when you are on a Non Imm O Visa or extension, and that 90-day report is a confirmation that you are still staying at the official address for Immigration purposes, for which you have notified Immigration by the TM-30 with the address in their province.

From what you wrote I deduct that your official address is in Phuket, and that on the walk-in for doing your 90-day report, they saw that your TM-30 referred to another province (probably due to a Hotel stay in that other province) and they restored it to the original one.

Sorry, you deduct wrong

AFTER extension was issued in another province, moved to phuket and filled a TM 30 stating my address is phuket<
hence reason i am able to do a walk in 90 day
its ONLY online they rejected me

Edited by zzzzz

21 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Sorry, you deduct wrong

AFTER extension was issued in another province, moved to phuket and filled a TM 30 stating my address is phuket<
hence reason i am able to do a walk in 90 day
its ONLY online they rejected me

That explains it, as your first 90-day report on a new TM-30 requires to do it in person.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 12:48 PM, Red Phoenix said:

That explains it, as your first 90-day report on a new TM-30 requires to do it in person.

wrong again: it was my 2nd one in Phuket  ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Is it correct that when you go to CW to fulfill requirement to "update your TM30," you must prepare all the TM30 documents again (application, documents from landlord, etc.) even if nothing at all has changed since you first did the TM30 a few years ago? You don't just go and tell them there is nothing to update, right? Sorry for basic question.

• 1 month later...

I have just completed my first 90 day report at Jomtien, which the letter seem to only require me to show that the 800k was still in my account.

Firstly, they didn't check my original bank book but just accepted the photocopies. Secondly, they never asked me to fill in a TM47 form or ask about my address, so just presumed they used the current one. Thirdly, for the first time ever, I didn't need to sign anything, which was a contrast to having to sign absolutely every page previously.

I wish to move, e.g change my address. When the 90 day report queue was empty, I went and asked politely in clear Thai, what I needed to do, but the officer was mosty uninterested, as she watching a female wrestling in skimpy attire video, but her colleague arrived and said I needed to change the piece of paper, detailing my address, clipped into my passport in the (TM28/TM30?) room, to the left.

Previously, my rental contracts were all in my long term partner's name and she always did the  change of address with zero hassle, either in person or before with the app when it worked. The only time I have been required to do it was when I did my first recent annual extension and had to go through the "we can't find your current address in the computer" until I showed them all the housing documents and signed id copies and then it was ok.

Would appreciate any advice on the least painful method to change an alien's address at Jomtien, whilst on a one year extension of stay (retirement).

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You need to do new TM30

I understood that to be the case, but was asking what options were available that didn't require standing in a long queue, outside in the heat.

Jomtien is building an extension to the right hand side so hopefully will help alleviate the process.

Red Phoenix kindly sent me his detailed guide of the online process and will try and get it working with my latest passport, which previously failed.

One question, as it was my very first in-person 90 day report. Is it normal to not fill in a TM47 form? Hopefully next time will be able to do it all online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 4:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

You must deal with one of those crazy offices that do not follow the change of rules regarding TM30 that occured in June 2020. 

I deal with CW and they follow the rules.

Returning to permanent residence after stays in other provinces and also from abroad a TM30 is NOT required. 

Outlined in this thread...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

My (rental) agent insists that I need to do a new TM30 every time I come back from overseas to the same Condo we've been living in for 2  years & I keep telling her that I don't. 

Never had a problem just ignoring her but the day after I got back from my last trip to the UK I was a bit spaced out (jet lag) & she found out from my GF (They're Facebook buddies) that I'd just got back so decided to "Report me". 

This was 72 hours after I got back so I've no idea if I'm going to get a fine for not doing a report that I didn't need to do!!!

[Jomtien IO & Re-entry permit based on Non-IMM O "Retirement" Visa extension of stay]

On 4/26/2023 at 12:48 PM, Red Phoenix said:

When the TM-30 is done online, is a receipt of notification issued? If so, do we have to go online to get it later or do they send it in an email? 

3 hours ago, placnx said:

When the TM-30 is done online, is a receipt of notification issued? If so, do we have to go online to get it later or do they send it in an email? 

4 – PRINTING a copy of your TM30 notification

To check whether the TM30 data you uploaded have really been filed, simply open the website again, and on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Enter your username (when it does not appear automatically) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The dates need to be max 7 days apart and have to be in Thai date-notation.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Jomtien IO & Re-entry permit based on Non-IMM O "Retirement" Visa extension of stay]

TM30 not required.

You have ongoing permission of stay with your reentry permit.

Rule change June 2020.

CM is one office not following that rule change. 

There will be others

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2023 at 8:12 AM, Red Phoenix said:

The Guideline addresses on how to register on the IO TM-30 website, which allows you to then issue TM-30s yourself for any foreigners (including yourself) that are staying at the premises.

Doing it on-line avoids having to make a trip to your local Imm Office. 

When you live close to your Imm Office (or when you are a masochist enjoying going there), you can of course do it in person. 

But some members live far away from their Imm Office and try to avoid Imm Office visits as much as possible.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:02 AM, sqwakvfr said:

Did you recently stay at a hotel where you checked in with your passport?  This has happened to me and I went to immigration and the 90 Day report was completed without any questions.  

What do you mean 'recently'? At the time you did your 90-day report, or earlier?

14 hours ago, Sheist said:

Use the Section38 app in the Google Play store.   (free)

It is insanely easy compared to the browser version, but it still updates there for you to print proof to take with you.

I used that app. I think, I had to give my phone number. Now, what happens if I move? (I tried to change the address in the app, but it isn't possible. Of course, I could un- and reinstall the app, but I worry that I cannot register a new property with the same phone number.)

15 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Have same problem as Kalasin Jo please forward me a copy

Thanks in anticipation

Hi, as requested I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline which I wrote on how to register an address on the IO TM 30 website and notify Immigration of any foreigners (including yourself) staying at - or returning to - that address by issuing on an on-line TM-30 notification. 

28 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hi, as requested I did PM you a comprehensive Guideline which I wrote on how to register an address on the IO TM 30 website and notify Immigration of any foreigners (including yourself) staying at - or returning to - that address by issuing on an on-line TM-30 notification. 

Many thanks, will use if and when necessary.

Until a couple of years ago I had no issues, a copy of the yellow house book was always adequate, I did 18 months with a school and they did one as part of their submission papers, without me knowing, since retiring (again) TM30 has been an issue.

If an on-line 90 day report filing is Rejected, and it is possible to determine that the reason (is that detail covered in the rejection email?) is that your TM30 needs to be "updated", and you decide to update your TM 30 with a new filing on-line (web or app) can anyone advise...

what check-in date do you use? today? (that may be the only option I think)

what arrival date date do you use? original, potentailly years old date? if so, do you use the TM6 which you have? Or do you use "today"?

you use your current permission to stay date I assume.

if using the mobile app/Sec 38, which visa type is used for a current 1 year ext stay on a Non-Imm O visa? Non-O-X?