Help me plan this cheap holiday

georgegeorgia

There's lots of Muay Thai gyms across LOS.

A really good one for all levels is Fairtek at north Pattaya.

I don't know what they charge for tuition now. Sparring is easy to arrange, the coaches will take care of him so he don't beat up on or get beat up too badly.

There's lots of young guy and some gals training there every day. He could rock up with his gear at 7 a.m. first morning and train and ask about for chill buddies and folks to hang out with.

I used to visit there on my trips in years past and found the coaches great, and all of the guys, all but the odd fella, cool, responsible, friendly and chill. 

• Thanks 1

There are plenty of cheap hotels for less than 600 baht, search on Agoda and use the price per night limit.

I can recommend PJ Inn, Sutus Court etc

Any gym would only be a baht bus ride away 10 baht a trip.

Loads of ordinary Thai restaurants serving good quality cheap food all around Soi Buakhao.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Pattaya for a young guy with practically no cash will be torture. 

600 baht room doable but it'll be a depressing room.

Vacations anywhere on such a budget isn't enjoyable but more of a struggle to survive until you get home.

Young backpackers take it in their stride.... 

Hahaha lucky boy! I wish I ever had someone sponsoring my vacation in Pattaya. 

I think coco fitness is a nicer gym than Tony's anyways there will be no problem to find Hotels near gyms as there are plenty of gyms in Pattaya.

Instead of the "coconut bar" girls I would suggest him as a 24 year old to visit "Thai pubs" such as yes pub, area39 or garden168 so that he can get laid for free if his game is a little bit okay.

Edited by kaneko86
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why are you paying for him, is he work-shy?

What does it have to do with you why the OP (assuming he's genuine...) wants to give his nephew a gift?

Assuming the nephew actually wants to come to Thailand then it's an incredibly kind gesture and I for one wish I'd had an uncle with the means and generosity to do such a thing for me at his age!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:
  •  

He’s 24 years old for heaven's sake; if he can’t plan a holiday on his own by now, he better stay at home and read some Jack Kerouac books.

Also what's going to happen with the little money he has when he's approached by multitudes of beautiful women and (ladyboys).

My first time I was broke in a week.   3,000 US for the month. 

It's tough.

14 minutes ago, JayClay said:

What does it have to do with you why the OP (assuming he's genuine...) wants to give his nephew a gift?

Assuming the nephew actually wants to come to Thailand then it's an incredibly kind gesture and I for one wish I'd had an uncle with the means and generosity to do such a thing for me at his age!

Australia is a gold mine if you're young and want to work. The kid should be paying for Auntie Georgia not the other way around ????

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 2:42 AM, Henryford said:

Smokes weed and likes tattoos, sounds a class act.

As well advise him to use beach road girls socalled streat meat, what an uncle he is? 

Seriously? Would I sent my nephew on sponsored trip to Patraya for weed, tattoos and hookers? OMFG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Australia is a gold mine if you're young and want to work. The kid should be paying for Auntie Georgia not the other way around ????

Clearly the OP doesn't need his nephew's financial assistance.

On 4/25/2023 at 7:49 AM, jacko45k said:

I think this generation must be far removed from ours then. At 24, I was living in my own place working full time..... looking back I was immature, but could take care of and clean up after myself. Had to  do it for 3 years at college, 

i moved to thailand at 25

On 4/25/2023 at 5:48 AM, georgegeorgia said:

No , he is not that mature unfortunately

Not mature enough to plan his own trip and you are sending him off to Pattaya alone?

When he returns to Oz newly married with a baby on the way he should gain some maturity.  Or maybe he will rent a motorbike and ride around without a helmet and kill himself or someone else.

I think this may be a case of an uncle trying to live vicariously through his nephew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, n00dle said:

i dont recall that the was looking for a job in the mines. If he were he could quit for a month and he would be golden.

Yeah that's the bloody problem mate, the kid's too busy smashin' cones instead of putting in the hard yakka. Send him off to the Pilbara, that'll sort him out ????

Skipping to the end without reading, BUT:

Are you 100% married to the idea of him being in Pattaya and at that specific gym? 

In Pai, there's a very hippie-istic Muay Thai gym for about 400 baht a day, food and bunk bed included. Massive youth social scene, and plenty of the green around for about half the tourist rate.

Chiang Mai has some great places too (and cheap weed). People actually plan vacations to get tattoo'd in Chiang Mai. The best artists of that sort of Yantra scribbling are def in Chiang Mai. Pai as hippie-central would have real tattoo options.

I went to a beautiful Muay Thai gym in an old wooden building by the river in Ubon. That was about 200 baht a day all in. Ko Phagnan has cheap Muay Thai too.

Short version: A first visit to Thailand is too great to waste in Pattaya.  He's more likely to have a little non-pro romance in Pai than in Pattaya.

Search for Reddit Thailand Muay Thai. You'll get tons of first hand accounts.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 8:25 AM, Hummin said:

Seriously? Would I sent my nephew on sponsored trip to Patraya for weed, tattoos and hookers? OMFG

Aside from the weed and tattoos, sounds good actually. ????

I dread the day when my wife's husband and/or my (married) brother visit Thailand. I mean, it'll be like watching a kid in Disneyland who knows he's not allowed to be seen enjoying the rides...

On 4/25/2023 at 8:08 PM, MrJ2U said:

Pattaya for a young guy with practically no cash will be torture. 

600 baht room doable but it'll be a depressing room.

Vacations anywhere on such a budget isn't enjoyable but more of a struggle to survive until you get home.

My friend paid 470 baht, great room.

• Haha 1