Lasting power-shortcut

StayinThailand2much

Just now, Dazinoz said:

What is a power-shortcut? Never heard this term before. American, England or where from?

It,s a short cut in power....happens to me when I,m entertaining a lady ????

• Haha 1

Out on the Darkside yesterday (25/4/23) we had the power out for over 2 hours, even though it was hissing down with rain it was still very hot & sticky, went outside & sat under cover where it was cooler than indoors till the power came back on, people don't realise just how much we depend on electricity to make our lives more comfortable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

You paid your leccy bill last month right?

????

A friend of mine once rented an apartment in Pattaya and he told me one day that the Power was off from early morning or so.

At around 2pm when the power was still off he found out what was going on, the owner of the apartment block was deep in to debt due to gambling, so they used the money for the PEA and also the Cable TV and the Water to pay their debt with as end result, No Electricity for approx 3-4 days.

My friend moved out very soon afterwards did not want to experience that again

Edited by MJCM
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Yeah, bloody hot for five hours.

I noticed this morning that the leccy guys were doing stuff on 3rd Rd just before it hits Klang going north. The short cut around back of Sophon was closed off to cars. I sat at the lights to turn up Klang for 15 minutes - they didn't go green once in all that time. This was just before 10am.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, topt said:

I noticed this morning that the leccy guys were doing stuff on 3rd Rd just before it hits Klang going north. The short cut around back of Sophon was closed off to cars. I sat at the lights to turn up Klang for 15 minutes - they didn't go green once in all that time. This was just before 10am.

Yes, that’s where I’m currently staying. Power was back 5 hours later.

Mine was off out of town for about 30 minutes. Quite pleased to see it back relatively quickly as the storm that caused it could have brought lines down and wreaked havoc.... they do quite well here getting the power back on.