Rayong car dealership addresses customer complaint, states car is not old and offers to repurchase at used car value

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

A recent complaint by a customer has brought to light a disagreement between a car center and Mrs. Chosita Jaidee, a 48-year-old who purchased a sedan from the car center located on Sukhumvit Road in Rayong Province for 1,215,000 baht.

After four months of use, the car broke down and had to be transported to the center on a forklift.

Upon examination by an expert, it was discovered that the car was actually an older model from 2019, despite being registered in 2021, leading to it being sold at a new car price, reported Daily News.

Ms. Jaidee demanded that the center take responsibility for the situation and provide justice for the price discrepancy. The car center has clarified that the car was not an old model, but rather produced at the end of 2019 with some parts produced in 2020 and registered in 2021.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

The center has taken responsibility for the battery deterioration issue experienced by Ms. Jaidee and is willing to buy back the car at the 2021 model price if the current solution is not satisfactory.

The manager Ms. Pensri Khamlert has stated that the center already informed Ms. Jaidee about the actual production year of the car. To address concerns about the car's resale value, the center has offered to buy it back at the 2021 price.

The center has clarified the situation to the OCPB and is preparing for a conversation with Ms. Jaidee.

Additionally, it was confirmed that the center already informed Ms. Jaidee about the car's production year when she brought it in for a battery replacement.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-05-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATE:

Car center clarifies it is not an "old car," willing to buy back at used car price

The latest update is that Ms. Pensri Khamlert, Manager of Mazda Dream Car Rayong, has addressed the aforementioned issue by confirming that the center had already informed Mrs. Chosita Jaidee that the car was not old, but was produced in late 2019, with some parts manufactured in 2020 and registered in 2021.

The center has taken responsibility for the battery deterioration issue experienced by Ms. Jaidee and is willing to buy back the car at the price of a 2021 model if she is not satisfied with the current resolution.

To clarify customers' concerns about the car's resale value decreasing due to it being a 2019 model, the center is willing to buy it back at the 2021 price.

The center has clarified the situation to the OCPB and is preparing to speak with Ms. Jaidee again.

Additionally, it was clarified that the center had already informed Ms. Jaidee of the car's production year during a previous visit when she brought it in for a battery replacement.

Source: Daily News

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-05-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

This happens a lot manufacture date and registration date being different and sometimes by years. What is odd here is the other parts added later bit! Years ago I almost bought a Ford Probe till I found out they had sat in a field for years due to some import problems. That was in the uk.

8 hours ago, eisfeld said:

does not match what the topic title says

Another oddity that isn't explained is how the car was registered in 2021, then 4 months later broke down but the complaint was recent? It's 2023.

As always the reporter didn't bother to check if the details in the report were logiccal or clashed etc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The manager Ms. Pensri Khamlert has stated that the center already informed Ms. Jaidee about the actual production year of the car. To address concerns about the car's resale value, the center has offered to buy it back at the 2021 price.

Take it quick and run.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Another oddity that isn't explained is how the car was registered in 2021, then 4 months later broke down but the complaint was recent? It's 2023.

leadacid batteries have a shelf life, this is very likely a 4 year old battery and seems to be the reliability issue, as for the cars age, well 2019 was 4 years ago so it is hardly new, seems to me this stealership took this lady for a ride, I wonder how many km's were on the clock and even then was it reset.

why would anyone pay the new price for a 3-4 year old car

3 hours ago, smedly said:

leadacid batteries have a shelf life, this is very likely a 4 year old battery and seems to be the reliability issue, as for the cars age, well 2019 was 4 years ago so it is hardly new, seems to me this stealership took this lady for a ride, I wonder how many km's were on the clock and even then was it reset.

why would anyone pay the new price for a 3-4 year old car

The battery was not 4 years old at the time of purchase unless they swapped it out. The car was produced at the end of 2019 with some parts 2020 they said. The last part is dodgy but let's just say end of 2019. Then lets say in the middle of 2021 they bought it (registered). So about 1.5 years old at that point. They drove it 4 months at which point it broke down, most likely still in 2021. So what happened between 2021 and 2023? If we stretch it to them buying it at the end of 2021 then it broke down in the beginning of 2022. Still one year between breakdown and the recent complaint.

Did they not notice the old manufacturing date during the first breakdown? The dealer said it was mentioned to them at that point. Maybe they overlooked that and had recently again issues at which point they connected the dots. A lot of guesswork to be done because the article isn't clear.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Just a simple look at the ID plate is enough…..even better, take the car to a Mazda dealer while on the test drive….a 2 minute hook up will identify the vehicle.

Reading the VIN number will do the same.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

Reading the VIN number will do the same.

Vin number wont have clearly identified a build date.

It will have a letter or number which will need to be decoded to get the info.

Edited by Ralf001

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Vin number wont have clearly identified a build date.

It will have a letter or number which will need to be decoded to get the info.

The VIN should give the manufacture date and it gives all the other details.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

The VIN should give the manufacture date and it gives all the other details.

11th character in the vin will be a number and represents year of manufacture.

12th character in the vin will be a letter and represents month of manufacture.

Use a vin decoder to find out what month/year of manufacture is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Usually the 10th character is the year of manufacture or model year (varies between manufacturers), the 11th is plant identifier. 12th is the start of the serial. There is no month in the VIN.

6 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Usually the 10th character is the year of manufacture or model year (varies between manufacturers), the 11th is plant identifier. 12th is the start of the serial. There is no month in the VIN.

You are indeed correct, not sure why I thought the month was listed.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 5:51 AM, webfact said:

The car center has clarified that the car was not an old model, but rather produced at the end of 2019 with some parts produced in 2020 and registered in 2021.

So the car was manufactured in 2019 ........with parts from the future 2020 , Amazing Thailand.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I am not sure if this applies to Thailand or not.

https://www.autocheck.com/vehiclehistory/vin-basics

VIN decode

On 5/3/2023 at 9:26 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Just a simple look at the ID plate is enough…..even better, take the car to a Mazda dealer while on the test drive….a 2 minute hook up will identify the vehicle.

Over the years, I've seen a few Thai-assembled vehicle VIN's that fail when being checked on the online VIN decoders.

There not really customer focused here, i was negotiating to buy a New Mazda last year, was given an insane price later on refection quizzed them of the year of build...2021, asking for a 2022 price they never got back to me...In other words this major Mazda dealer wasnt going to tell me the year of manufacture but were making out that it was my lucky day and getting a great deal.

Bought elsewhere when took the 3 month old Mazda in to get a couple of plastic items replaced they wanted to charge me, couldnt make the idiot understand the car was still under warranty, escalated it to a manager and got the issue sorted out, its shocking here how little these people who should know dont know, i would think that that Thai couple were duped for sure...