Man Found Dead in Car with Running Engine in Pattaya

snoop1130

190894-696x392.jpg

A Thai man was found dead inside a car with a running engine early this morning in Pattaya.

The incident was reported to Pattaya Police at 0:30 AM today, May 8th. Sawang Boriboon rescuers and Pattaya Police traveled to the scene to find a running Nissan Frontier pickup truck parked in Soi Map Yai Lia 43 in the Nongprue sub-district of Banglamung district.

When the authorities peeked inside the car, they discovered the victim, Mr. Manidet Tipnert, 45, lying in a reclining position. Upon inspection of his body, it was found that the man had already passed away.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/08/man-found-dead-in-car-with-running-engine-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, rwill said:

He could have just had a heart attack or something similar.  Not necessarily a suicide.

This time of year, laying back with the engine and AC running is sorely tempting.. see it in the car park at Big-CX. One might not be feeling well and exhausted after being busy prior.... 

• Like 1

Happened near where I live in the UK. Taxi parked with engine running all night. Driver seemed to have parked because he felt Ill, had a heart attack and died at the wheel.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:
3 hours ago, rwill said:

He could have just had a heart attack or something similar.  Not necessarily a suicide.

True, lets wait for the autopsy report.

And we'll never be told what it says, will we. Never any follow-up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Cyanide poisoning... she strikes again!

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

They didn't discover it in at least 14 autopsies.  I wonder what the various physicians wrote on the Death Certificate?

Suicide.......saves work and effort :whistling:

Edited by petermik

Many drivers here have the ventilation system set, permanently to 'recycle'. Without forward movement of the vehicle to bring in some fresh air, it is quite conceivable that there can be a dangerous buildup of CO2 and a lack of oxygen inside the cab.

This has been reported on the forum previously when two ladies were found dead in their car.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Many drivers here have the ventilation system set, permanently to 'recycle'. Without forward movement of the vehicle to bring in some fresh air, it is quite conceivable that there can be a dangerous buildup of CO2 and a lack of oxygen inside the cab.

This has been reported on the forum previously when two ladies were found dead in their car.

More likely a buildup of Carbon Monoxide than Carbon Dioxide.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

No, I'd say far less likely. That could only occur if a. the exhaust system was faulty and bthe ventilation system was set to 'fresh' rather than 'recycle'. 

Very little air enters the cab from the environment when it's set to 'recycle'. 

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Expand  

No, I'd say far less likely. That could only occur if a. the exhaust system was faulty and bthe ventilation system was set to 'fresh' rather than 'recycle'. 

Occam’s razor....       if you hear hoofs on the ground dont start looking for Zebras !!!

Similar happened to my Wife’s cousin...  He was found dead in his car at the side of the road. 

He'd clearly felt unwell, pulled the car to side of the road, he was having a heart-attack.

In this case, the most obvious guess is something similar - that said, I’m guessing the investigation into the case will be furthered with an autopsy...  But, as usually to nearly every single story posted here, we’ll never know as there is never any follow-up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I agree but still more likely CO than CO2 as suggested.

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Usual source of CO is engine exhaust

How is it getting inside the cab though, especially if the AC is on recirc?

Maybe if in an enclosed garage. 

On 5/9/2023 at 6:39 AM, hotchilli said:

True, lets wait for the autopsy report.

Are you kidding these stories ALMOST NEVER have follow ups......I am still waiting on the decision on the farang who slashed is own neck...Or so they say........Zero follow up on that one...

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

How is it getting inside the cab though, especially if the AC is on recirc?

Maybe if in an enclosed garage. 

There is no detail in the OP so we are speculating. My suggestion, based on reports of similar incidents over decades is that CO axphixiation rather than CO2 suffocation could be the cause. Presumably an autopsy will reveal the cause of death be it internal or external. As to accidental or self-imposed that is another matter.

Perhaps they should ask the woman who reported the incident. She determined he had 'passed away' simply by looking into the vehicle.????

On 5/8/2023 at 7:01 AM, torturedsole said:

I lived in a SE London tower block in my youth and one night saw what happens when someone decides to end it all.

Very messy and something that I've never forgotten about (early 90s). 

RIP.

carbon monoxide poisoning isnt a messy way to go

On 5/8/2023 at 8:22 PM, Moonlover said:

That isn't nearly as common as it used to be in the 70's or 80's. It is a newish Nissan Frontier