Thailand’s experiment with weed goes up in smoke

snoop1130

Baiting troll posts and personal attacks on other posters have been removed. Continue and you will receive a posting suspension.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

10. You will not post troll messages. Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing forum members by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other members into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3 hours ago, pizzachang said:

Users seem to forget that smoke of any kind is bad for human and mammal lungs. And something in smoke coats lung tissue. It's common experience for 'ex-smokers' of any substance to experience "tastes" for years after quitting.

The legit medical users I have known have done edibles, not smoking. Edibles are much longer lasting and not an immediate high.

That’s one way to tell if it’s someone who just likes smoking and getting high, or if it is for medical reasons. Another way is when they start doing it whenever friends are over, passing it around, etc, that’s more just wanting to get stoned.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Anutin and the BJT had 4 years to bring in the law about cannabis. They probably got the medical cannabis side sorted more or less correctly but managed to screw up the recreational use side completely.

If you have a problem then please contact Anutin and the BJT, though they may be a bit too busy for the next several weeks, and as a farang you will probably be ignored anyway.

Cannabis has been available in Thailand for decades, certainly since the Americans were coming for R&R from Vietnam. I assume that it is still available if you care to find it.

If you feel that the laws of Thailand are unfair then do your best to change them, and good luck with that. 

I'll agree with you that regs should have been sorted prior to and during this time. 

When it comes to anyone controlling me regarding what I put in to my body... good luck because it won't happen.

And thanks for letting me know weed exists in Thailand, haha.

I, as a farang, can only express what I feel is right. I don't expect to have representation. I'll continue to express my beliefs on the wider stage as well as person to person regardless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Sadly I don't enjoy your whining sessions about this issue.

If you want to smoke marijuana, then do so in you own place, and try not to clutter up this thread.

I could care less how you feel about me.  Thanks again for highlighting the bit about the fact that weed can be a nuisance like all other things, if done without consideration of others. I'll continue to make valid points while being respectful of other parties, thank you very much, Sir!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

Name calling and deliberately choosing to miss the point. 
If you choose to follow the law because you are afraid of the possible consequences of not doing so, that is your prerogative. 
But to suggest that you are right and any who has another view is wrong, is clearly an unsustainable point of view. 
You appear to follow the law out of fear for your own safety, rather than whether you think it right or wrong. That means anyone can come along, make up the most crazy laws and you would follow them without question in order to “stay out of jail”. This, in effect, is what you have written. 
The problem with that is that laws aren’t written by countries… they can also be written by evildoers. 

thanks for a keen observation, politely put. my occasional flaw is i go 'mad dog' reading some of the more twisted logic that appears on these forum. Weed seems to have brought a number of otherwise slumbering giants of questionable wisdom. Not sure of it was ascribed  to Oscar Wide, but there is an expression ' a little imagination is necessary to understand that the contradictory is complementary.'  i think i picked that up when high school debating - and you did not know in advance, which side of the debate you were going to be given to defend.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NextG said:

Not necessarily. I watched a program in the U.K. a while back, featuring people who hadn’t smoked before and people who hadn’t smoked together before. One was between a father and daughter who had become estranged. The result was that they were able to broach subjects that they were not able to before and as a result became close again. 
Recreational? 
The problem is abuse. When people utilise anything irresponsibly. 

exactly, one of the greatest unrecognized abuses today is emotional abuse.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NK012 said:

Right. Some are meant to follow the law, be it corrupt, imbalanced rulings or well thought out ones. Others are meant to make the rules fair and lead responsibly. 

And how many rules and laws have you managed to change in Thailand so far?

A little hint. Farangs and non voters cannot change the laws of Thailand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NK012 said:

I'll happily choose to disagree with you. Sometimes the laws Can be wrong, sir.  And I will disagree with them. That's called the first step to progress. 

How as a non citizen of a country, staying on-topic in Thailand, can you make progress in getting a law which you feel is unjust removed. Are you saying that by breaking the law you would be setting a precedent?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And how many rules and laws have you managed to change in Thailand so far?

A little hint. Farangs and non voters cannot change the laws of Thailand.

Tell me something I don't know. Like I said before.. I'll put it in question format now.  Would you silence your own strong belief because someone told you to,  or said it doesn't matter, or because you were not in your home country? I think not. I wont stop talking.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How as a non citizen of a country, staying on-topic in Thailand, can you make progress in getting a law which you feel is unjust removed. Are you saying that by breaking the law you would be setting a precedent?  

How would I, personally, get a law passed or removed in Thailand?  Lol.  I wouldn't. I'm a farang.  We know this.

How would I Contribute to it getting passed/removed?  I'd talk about it. Discussion. I'd interject my beliefs. 

Regarding your last sentence ... Would I be setting precedent if I broke a law?  I guess that depends on the law and how backwards/wrong it is. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Anutin and the BJT had 4 years to bring in the law about cannabis. They probably got the medical cannabis side sorted more or less correctly but managed to screw up the recreational use side completely.

If you have a problem then please contact Anutin and the BJT, though they may be a bit too busy for the next several weeks, and as a farang you will probably be ignored anyway.

Cannabis has been available in Thailand for decades, certainly since the Americans were coming for R&R from Vietnam. I assume that it is still available if you care to find it.

If you feel that the laws of Thailand are unfair then do your best to change them, and good luck with that. 

In the 80s the 70 + year old lady sold noodles on Intamara Soi 3 with or without ganja...both were good although two bowls could give you sweet eyes and an early end to the evening

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:43 PM, SenorTashi said:

And they're wrong about that too. There are many different cannabinoids and they work together in harmony. If you isolate THC without CBD for example, things get a bit out of balance.

I have some good friends in the UK who've been very involved with this whole subject for decades. Which is the only reason I know so much about it. Every human has cannabinoid receptors in their brain. They only react to cannabis so why would they be there if we're not not meant to ingest the plant? If you believe in God, you should accept that he put all the plants here for us to eat.

One of my friends eats only the leaves and seeds of cannabis plants for months at a time because he claims it's the ideal food for our health.

Here's the link for anyone who's interested.  http://freecannabis.net/cannabis-compendium/cannabis-a-dietary-essential/

And the rest of his story, in which he befriends Howard Marks http://freecannabis.net/contact-free/the-chronicles-of-cannabis/

<Every human has cannabinoid receptors in their brain. They only react to cannabis so why would they be there if we're not not meant to ingest the plant?>

Wrong, the Cannabis cannabinoids emulate the ENDOcannabinoids produced by the body. Our own body produces ENDOcannabinoids that bind with these receptors. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A post commenting on moderation has been removed

13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 1:21 PM, smedly said:

legalising weed just adds to it - they cant get a handle on drunk driving as it is.

consider how many accidents and deaths are caused by drunk drivers in Thailand - yes great idea now we have 2x deadly drugs to deal with when it comes to driving vehicles

Spoken like a true non smoker is my guess

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Coffee is much more of a crutch than weed.

How about people ladyboy up go cold turkey on the hot Java (a real physical addiction) and medical use by IV drips at hospitals only?

Yeah. That's the ticket.

True, yet some people get caffeine from Coke and diet cokes.  Caffeine is the addiction and I have had it for over 45 years.  Just logged onto this topic so am only responding to this latest by Jingthing.   Always appreciate your posts !

No comment on weed other than it does go up in smoke when you exhale it! 5555 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1