Prayut says he respects election results

webfact

3 minutes ago, h90 said:

And the people voted for it...that is more than in my countries constitution....there noone asked the people.

The people voted for it because it was part of a package. As a supporter of the junta, why are you suddenly interested in the people voting?

43 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You believe the incompetent military doesn't ALSO have massive corruption? How quaint.

I'd much prefer competent government elected by the people but with the usual corruption to any military-installed government.

I don't know if you have been here during Thaksin but it was by far the worst.....I recall when he wanted to take over the sky train and as they didn't want to sale he ranted in TV that he'll buy a subway direct under them with the station next to it to bankrupt them. Or the contract with cleaning the new airport, paid in advance for many years. (On the other hand he was the only one who could finish the airport....beside being the most corrupt he was also the most efficient premier)

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

"The outgoing prime minister said he wished the country peace and order. “I have respect for the democratic process and the election results,” he said."

Does this respect for democratic process include his 250 military lackeys in the Senate?

If the 250 lackeys in the senate reject the new PM he gets to stay on as caretaker PM. 

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If you truly respect the will of the people and the results of the election, will you allow them to replace your 250 senate goons? That would be only right, no Cha Cha? Fair is fair, after all. Or do we have to replace them for you? By whatever means necessary. 

Under the Provision amendment to the Constitution 2019, the term of the senator appointed by NCPO is 5 years. All current senators will vacate their positions next year. As the NCPO has been dissolved, a new constitution provision will have to be amended. If the pro-democracy coalition are to be the government, it will be certain that the amendment will be for elected senator. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h90 said:

If the courts don't cancel the two parties these 250 will have to vote for PTP or MF premier.
But the bigger issue is that PTP and MF maybe broke the election laws with several cases and the parties might be disbanded. But disbanding the two biggest parties is really bad. Let them go away with braking the law is equal bad.

People who live in glass houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Vote buying was rife as usual in Isaan. Punish them all!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Really?? Ha! Ha! He also said there would be no coup.

He said that because he was given the green light for the coup and he had direct command over the military as army chief. Not now. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

These might be things that broke the law its accusations not fact yet. Don't forget Prayut increased wages of army and civil servants put loads of money in the village funds just before the election. Then gave an electricity subsidy while it could not be done officially. Problem is those wont be investigated as the EC is on the side of the army. I doubt that parties really broke the law in a meaningful way. Having 48 shares in a media company is nothing. Its not as if the company was broadcasting MF propaganda. 

Are you comparing this to the double world price for rice that Taksin gave and subsequently created an enormous debt for the country, as another poster has said some have selective memories. Personally I appreciate the stability Prayut brought, and good to see how he paved the way for this peaceful election and good end result. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

So much predictable cynicism - even though Thailand continues to move up the development rankings, led by further strides in infrastructure projects, fared better than most in their handling of Covid (a universal WHO led disgrace), and reformed cannabis like many progressive Western countries (watch this space haha).

Main accomplishment was maintaining stability, leading to more foreign investment. This is not as easy as many imagine and the world is littered with countries that fail miserably.

I was not a fan of Prayut and am delighted MFP has done so well.

However, I'll go out on a limb and suggest Prayut might well be pleased. Let's face it, Red vs Yellow polarisation was a huge hindrance, a deterrent to stability and investment etc and MFP should break that nexus. I always expected IF there was a grand plan, this was it.

I forecast the will of the people will be respected. That enough members of the rigged upper house will recognise the time has come to hand over the baton to the next generation. In an Asian way, things often get sorted differently from the West.

We'll see and fingers crossed.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BenStark said:

If that happens, and I'm sure they will dig until they find a silly reason, there will be a civil war.

That is what I worry the most about. They will forward MF and PTP cases to the constitutional court, and drag it on for a year, just like they did last election, and in the meantime Prayuth will continue as caretaker PM

Let him just try it, he hasn't got a pandemic to save him from the protesters like the last time.

• Like 2

What goes around comes around 

4 yrs ago Future Forward win get  kicked  out due to illegal donations and here we are again 

So now the old boys  club  will try to dish up some dirt. 

Thai people want a  progressive country not dinasuars. 

Issue here  is when  they had the  referendum to vote  about having the Army in charge even if you have a winner in the election that no one knew about or told about the Army is always in charge 

Lets see the <deleted> storm approaching 

50 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The people voted for it because it was part of a package. As a supporter of the junta, why are you suddenly interested in the people voting?

Fact is they voted for it....more than for the previous one....and why do you think I support any political group?

34 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

People who live in glass houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Vote buying was rife as usual in Isaan. Punish them all!

yes punish them all, seize all their money, till the poorest who didn't had the money becomes premier...won't happen but unless it does nothing will ever change.

3 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

What goes around comes around 

4 yrs ago Future Forward win get  kicked  out due to illegal donations and here we are again 

So now the old boys  club  will try to dish up some dirt. 

Thai people want a  progressive country not dinasuars. 

Issue here  is when  they had the  referendum to vote  about having the Army in charge even if you have a winner in the election that no one knew about or told about the Army is always in charge 

Lets see the <deleted> storm approaching 

yes old corrupt dinosaurs against young modern corrupt oligarchs....loose loose situation

50 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Whether he goes or not is another kettle of fish. Seeing the hopes of these lovely people dashed so often by these military bullies has made me rather cynical.

The next step of being cynical is than me....it doesn't matter because nothing fundamental will change anyway. The small people will keep poor, the education system sucks and some big guy + cronies pocket the money. Meanwhile the cheerleader and hate groups for one or the other team battle each other on the street. And as always I am happy if I am this time wrong....
Changes are sometimes good...First term of Thaksin was pretty good...than it got really bad. Maybe MF give us a few good reforms on the beginning.

6 hours ago, h90 said:

And than some super corrupt oligarchs take over......instead of incompetent military, you get massive corruption.

You seem to have overlooked that an incompetent military comes with a huge helping of corruption included. A kind of buy one get one free deal .

• Like 1

The new denosavre in new era is the "new  generation" who do not have worked enouth in order to have the right to vote. With the huge infrastructure works started by the previous government the new dinosaurs of the Harvard youth the Thai people will see the doubling of corruption. I am in Greece and we have an election next weekend where the polls show the winner will be the abstention of the people not to vote . The problem was and is the corruption of the opposition and not so much the Government. In Thailand, you put the cat to guard the ......pigeons......