Jomtien's gone rogue on Non-Imm O visa

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I've checked that out. Pacific Cross with 40k deductible (once per policy year) gives 3 million baht insurance for 38k a year. I'd be getting insurance anyway and that's cheaper than my current health insurance in Aus

Ok, good to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can't go from visa exempt to tourist visa at immigration office

Oh yes you can petal. 

It's been like that since the onset of covid 19.

I done it in July last year and know of several who have been down this route in the past year or so.

This is the way! ????

• Confused 11
  • Haha 2

I'm starting to realize each immigration office makes up their own extra requirements. I relocated to Chanthaburi so it's a whole new ball game.

I'm renewing my retirement extension. I went to the bank where I keep the 800k, got the letter stating whatever it is they state (the bank official knew exactly what it was), but when I handed my stack of paper in, the immigration #@&^@ said I needed to go back and get 6 months of statements. I held my bankbook in my hand, showed her how I had every page copied and signed, had made a transaction earlier that very day, and how it had been verified by the bank. No dice.

Next roadblock - I only have two months left to my lease. Same immigration #@&^@ said she wanted to see a renewed contract for the following year. Fine, I went back home, Photoshopped new dates on the first page, printed it out then handed that to her. She started making noise about how I'd have to come back the next day for some more made up bullsh!t. That's when I put my foot down, called the condo manager who I have befriended, and had them chat.

Condo manager smoothed things over. The paperwork garbage is now complete and I'll get my passport back in a week. Apparently, since they are a small outfit, the signing official only comes in once a week. 

All in all, it's still easier than trying to get into the US. And, 100 years from now, none of us are gonna care anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Read it again.

He clearly stated application for non imm O visa not extension .

Have you not read the top title of a TM7?

Hmmmmmmm... I see the word 'application' there!

Maybe it's just deciphering the English language. Or writing it so that it clear for all.

Do note: An application is required whether it's the first tine or any time thereafter.

visa-extension-form-1.jpg

• Confused 11
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I posted "Jomtien immigration demands 800k in bank account for 2 months prior to application for Non-Immigration O (Retirement)".

Where did I mention any 12 month extension to get you confused?

...and where did you post that it was your INITIAL application?

Hmmmmmmm....

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Madgee said:

Entry to Thailand:

1. Visa Exempt 30 days
  2. Change to Tourist Visa at immigration office 60 days
  3. Extend Tourist Visa 30 days

Total of 120 days to get ready for non '0' extension.

not possible unless you are married to a Thai

42 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

All the IO offices I have dealt with over the years (3 different ones) all require:

- 2 months prior

- 3 months after 

- Cannot drop below 400k for the entire year

Our office requires 2 months prior and 1 month after.

51 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

All the IO offices I have dealt with over the years (3 different ones) all require:

- 2 months prior

- 3 months after 

- Cannot drop below 400k for the entire year

you are talking about an extension of a

visa or an extension of permission to stay. When applying  for an O based on Retirement the rule is that it has to be in the bank on the day of application

Edited by flexomike
  • Thumbs Up 1