Senate panel to study Move Forward party’s PM candidate

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I hope you're right ???? It does feel different, but there's this small voice in my head whispering deviously "This is Thailand..."

Some of the Thai political class ain't the smartest or most sensible of people but to join hands with the establishment would be political suicide, really hope they don't <deleted> everything up at this stage, I hope I'm right but on past performance I wouldn't bet my pension on it but I live in hope....

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You never know. A new progressive government may issue in new progressive freedoms of speach on all sorts of platforms and all sorts of topics. Vaccines come to mind.

can Ego handle it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

250 senators who are financially exceptionally privileged. Then a young election winner comes along and wants to introduce taxes for big plot landowners and ensure a fairer distribution of national income. It's all about the money. The anti-monarchy argument is just an excuse for a witch hunt.

The country has voted in favour of major change. I hope the need to get a majority does not lead to such compromises that it was all a waste of time.

If not now, when?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So democracy in Thailand and the will of the people comes down to a panel of paid off and planted military elitist, royalist in the Senate through a fraudulant constitution put forward by a general who staged a coup and corrupted an election to retain power. 

It was to be expected......it is SOP.

Everybody opposing the Old Order knew that before they commenced operations.

The only question of any import is "How far will the New Movement go to counter what they knew would be the response of the Old Order?"

THAT is the only question that should be troubling you.......because the  intensity of the resistance/pushback, by the New Movement, is what is going to determine how unpleasant life gets for people living in Thailand.

Do you think they have not planned?

If you are living in Thailand, that  is what should concern you.

Or do you suppose the the New Movement is just going to accept the ruling/judgement of a "nexus" which now, in the eyes of the majority, is considered to totally illegitimate and unworthy?

Why would they bother to tread the path if they were/are going to fold at such a level.?

I think many contributors are living in denial.......because the potential reality is too terrible for them to contemplate.

They like to comfort themselves that Thailand is a special case among the surrounding countries.......but it isn't.

People anywhere will do the worst if you push the right button.

(Also true if you keep pushing the wrong button(s) for long enough...... and it's been more than long enough.)

Once again.......do you feel lucky?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, mark131v said:

And so it begins. They will muddy the water then pass over any dirt they can find manipulate or produce to that shining beacon of democracy and impartiality the Election Commission

I can see few positives here other than the fact many of the establishment are utter cowards and the thought of themselves dangling from a lamppost might rein in their zeal, self preservation will do that!

Rats, cowards and scoundrels the lot of em...

There's one rat in the pack that may bring the whole thing down, it's a shame