American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

A post flaming about gender identity and several replies have been removed. Posts of a discriminatory nature have also been removed.

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

has the human in the story actually transitioned over to become female ? totally legit and normal question to ask. 

also directly related to this thread. 

Edited by stoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

This is only newsworthy if a man who is now a woman seeks to marry a Thai man, ie, a biological male marrying a biological male.

The laws as they stand now don't stop these two from marriage at all. 

If the Thai government recognizes gender reassignment in the future, I'm going to identify as a woman, my Thai wife will identify as a Thai man - and then we will revisit my immigration status given I'm now a foreign woman in a marriage with a Thai man.  I can't wait!  :thumbsup:

So you plan on abusing the system by lying then, huh?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You're mistaking gender identity with sex. It isn't a same sex marriage, because they are members of the opposite sex. The headline should be changed to reflect accuracy: Same gender identity marriage.

It's just a matter of law. I think if her gender said female on his passport she couldn't marry here now, but if it says male, she can. 

Edited by Jingthing

I hope the next frontier is tripartite marriage. Why not? Why not 3 gay guys, or 1 straight guy and 2 women, or whatever?

Many advantages. There's an extra breadwinner in the family. Sex is more varied to say the least. Think about it - what would be the equivalent of boring missionary with three participants? Kids are more secure with the extra guardian. In fact, I can't think of a downside.

LET THERE BE EQUAL THREE!!!

• Haha 2

I will say this once.

Stay civil to each other. Comment on the OP and not on each other. Personal attacks will be immediately removed with no further moderation comment.

The OP is:

American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's unusual for you to be silent

It took some time for me to correctly work out the sexes in the initially-not-too-clear story and unfortunately we cannot delete our own comments, hence the quiet and lonely full stop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Geeeez  used to be lgbtq.... are they going to go through the whole alphabet? or discover a new alien sex gene?

be what you wanna be and i am all for it, but this identifying onesself to all these things is turning into bs ones freedom ends where anothers begins but this is getting too much

as for the bride and bride, i hope they get what they wish. people should be able to live and die and give away their estates without all the red tape in today's messed up world

67 sexes and that was 5 years ago....now we are sure above 100. It get very difficult to find the only 1 matching if you want to procreate out of the 100....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chicksaw said:

Think about it - what would be the equivalent of boring missionary with three participants?

Maybe a sandwich with a reach-around. 

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's just a matter of law. I think if his gender said female on his passport he couldn't marry here now, but if it says male, he can. 

Was the marriage just a traditional Thai union or an official marriage with the legalising documents?  Judging from the wedding photos it wasn't the latter.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2