American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

16 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

No, they are a female in terms of gender - sex and gender are not the same. Yes, some people's sex characteristics match their gender identify, some don't.

Wait till you find out that sex can also be bimodal, and how hormones affect people. 

Behaviour and sex are 2 different things.

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If I ever return to the USA, I'm identifying as a black, Asian, female, lesbian.  

I'll get preferential small business loans, job opportunities, housing, medical treatment, rent ... freebies for me ,,, in many states.

I was actually told when I applied for a small business loan, guaranteed by the government, denied by the way, that if I had a female or a minority partner, I would be approved no questions asked ... Mind-boggling.

No you won't. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:
2 hours ago, connda said:

This is only newsworthy if a man who is now a woman seeks to marry a Thai man, ie, a biological male marrying a biological male.

The laws as they stand now don't stop these two from marriage at all. 

If the Thai government recognizes gender reassignment in the future, I'm going to identify as a woman, my Thai wife will identify as a Thai man - and then we will revisit my immigration status given I'm now a foreign woman in a marriage with a Thai man.  I can't wait!  :thumbsup:

So you plan on abusing the system by lying then, huh?

So self-identifying is the same as lying?

Or only if you do it in Thailand?

• Like 1

Just now, NanLaew said:

So self-identifying is the same as lying?

Or only if you do it in Thailand?

I would say that someone changing their legal gender to gain some kind of benefit when they are not actually a transgender person is indeed a big fat liar. Any country.

2 hours ago, h90 said:

That is so 1990

Ah, the good old days when you looked down and if you had a willie, you were a boy and if you didn't have one, you were a girl. 

Now we have people who don't know what they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djayz said:

Ah, the good old days when you looked down and if you had a willie, you were a boy and if you didn't have one, you were a girl. 

Now we have people who don't know what they are.

Just people living in denial. A lot of that these days.

Edited by AndyFoxy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Some people are actually born sexually ambiguous biologically. Parents and doctors need to make a decision and quite often their decision turns out to be wrong.

outliers. the rare exception nobody is denying.  

The number of births with ambiguous genitals is in the range of 1:4500–1:2000 (0.02%–0.05%).

A child is magnitudes more likely to be born with Down syndrome. (1:700)

Edited by n00dle
  • Thanks 1