Champions League Final

mrbojangles

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

What is the "Champions League" ?

It's a sport called football. Some call it soccer (and call some strange carrying an egg shaped ball "football").

UEFA Champions League final Manchester City vs Inter Mailand.

2 AM local time Thailand the coming night.

I am afraid this would have to happen behind closed blinds?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am afraid this would have to happen behind closed blinds?

I thought the same but someone told me there were some establiments that are licensed to stay open longer than the 2am closing. Im on the darkside, so most are in bed by midnight ???????? However, I am happy to receive pm's of closed blind establishments ????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe Danny’s Sports bar (Treetown) will be showing the game until their closing time (3am)…

Shutters will be closed at 3am, which side of them you’re on is up to you. 

Do note that Danny’s gets very busy on match day so best to get there early to make sure you get a seat. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Fulham fan here. I must say that Man City have looked the best club team in Europe this season, by some distance; however, never dismiss any Italian team in the final of a competition, especially one with the pedigree of Internazionale Milano, who have won the competition three times previously.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I believe Danny’s Sports bar (Treetown) will be showing the game until their closing time (3am)…

Shutters will be closed at 3am, which side of them you’re on is up to you. 

Do note that Danny’s gets very busy on match day so best to get there early to make sure you get a seat. 

Thanks for that Mike. Might give that a go

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Thanks for that Mike. Might give that a go

Come on City,

I’m a Man U fan but from that side of Warrington where we love to see the Manchester teams doing well????????

Was lucky enough to catch the Chelsea game on my last trip to UK where we qualified for next years CL so maybe it will be us this time next year ????

IMG_4319.thumb.jpeg.d01a45498e5bc07436cde8513530de75.jpegIMG_4324.thumb.jpeg.8b83a347fd53cdcedd83c16f95e211c2.jpeg

IMG_4325.jpeg

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I found a place on Buakhaow. However, typical in Thailand. Got told I Rovers is open 24 hours and shows all Sports and even advertises it. Walked in, ordered a beer and thought I'd ask to make sure. Manager said, no not showing it, we close at 1am. Guess open 24 hours means something different here ????

20230610_233216.thumb.jpg.5a5d0ef8cafe52f79be99225738a5ce0.jpg

Should have got the confirmation before buying the beer. Schoolboy error.????

Congratulations and hope you had a decent lie-in to avoid the hangover.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, champers said:

Should have got the confirmation before buying the beer. Schoolboy error.????

Congratulations and hope you had a decent lie-in to avoid the hangover.

My daughter was kind enough to make sure I never got a long lie in ????

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, mrbojangles said:

I found a place on Buakhaow. However, typical in Thailand. Got told I Rovers is open 24 hours and shows all Sports and even advertises it. Walked in, ordered a beer and thought I'd ask to make sure. Manager said, no not showing it, we close at 1am. Guess open 24 hours means something different here ????

20230610_233216.thumb.jpg.5a5d0ef8cafe52f79be99225738a5ce0.jpg

Can confirm that Danny's Bar was open for the whole of the game,  as I suggested would happen, shutters went down around 3am, & music turned off but the game was still on & you could get a beer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Can confirm that Danny's Bar was open for the whole of the game,  as I suggested would happen, shutters went down around 3am, & music turned off but the game was still on & you could get a beer. 

I was going to head that way but bumped into a mate who had already got a venue confirmed. Thanks though Mike ????

• Thumbs Up 1

"shutters went down around 3am, & music turned off but the game was still on & you could get a beer."

This is what they do in American Bible belt area in South;

you pay drinks in advance and get empty shot glasses as markers.

Then, after closing time behind locked doors, you start to drink your pre-paid booze. Everybody's happy!

• Thumbs Up 1