Farang vs banana lady-part2

I understand how Austin feels.  I look at it now this way:

1. Men are from Mars

2 Women are from Venus

3. Thai people are from Pluto.  

4. Don’t go to war over 50 Baht.  It the issue was 500 Baht then I would agree with him.  

I will never understand them.  I limit my interactions with the local people to the bare minimum.  I have my space and they have their space.  We intersect only if I need to make a purchase, got out to eat and once in a while get a massage.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I think small victories are worth celebrating.  If you ask yourself "would this woman behave in the same way if it was a Thai person?", the answer is probably "no", which means it is, although on a small scale, someone attempting to extort someone due to them not being Thai.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Posts using inappropriate language have been removed.  Continue to post insulting terms and you will lose posting time.

8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Part 3 will be a news item about a street vendor stabbing a foreigner to death for not paying his bill. 

We’ve had plenty of those. I don’t think (hope not) she’s the type. Just a little old lady trying to squeeze a farang for a few Baht. Not blaming her, just not letting her win. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, orchis said:

I think 'idiot' is a more applicable term.

Contribute to monkeys expect something from the visitors, and not only fed at one place at the same time every day as they should to avoid bites and other incidents. 

Monkeys is a problem when they get to close especially around food

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Was that your intention before you decided to live here?  Or have you just found it a bit too difficult to fit in here?

This simple inquiry might be extended towards many here who still haven't a clue.

38 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Was that your intention before you decided to live here?  Or have you just found it a bit too difficult to fit in here?

Do you have a sense of humor? Also, as a foreigner how would I "fit in here"?   Most Thai people will likely never accept me into their community even if I spoke fluent Thai.