Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland's ex-first minister in custody after being arrested in connection with SNP investigation

onthedarkside

For "odious" searchers in this thread, I would suggest that a person who cannot define what a woman is is indeed odious, especially if one considers the considerable threat to women prisoners through Sturgeon's lunatic attempt to let men "declare" themselves "women" and then allows male rapists to be parked in women's prisons just because Mr Rapist has declared himself a "woman".

Luckily for the Scottish people, Sturgeon did a U-turn on this irrational policy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blazes said:

For "odious" searchers in this thread, I would suggest that a person who cannot define what a woman is is indeed odious, especially if one considers the considerable threat to women prisoners through Sturgeon's lunatic attempt to let men "declare" themselves "women" and then allows male rapists to be parked in women's prisons just because Mr Rapist has declared himself a "woman".

Luckily for the Scottish people, Sturgeon did a U-turn on this irrational policy.

Another case of right wingers using the wrong word. It would be odious if Sturgeon's intent was to have these women raped. Obviously "foolish" or "misguided" or even "stupid{  would be a far more fitting adjective.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not unlike the mocking way Brexiteers are categorized. I guess you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Typical left wing hypocrisy. Not unlike the way you think nationalism is fine when it is Scottish nationalism, but unacceptable from other nationalities. 

Plenty of examples of Sturgeon's hateful rhetoric. She just uses the word "detest" instead of "hate".

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/nicola-sturgeon-and-the-politics-of-hatred/

image.png.cf58d7f5919d1050796e1dfbf9f959db.png

image.png.858459a43fd999ab514990249bb1ec92.png

What utter nonsense - many people detest the Tory party and with very good cause. To detest something that exudes corruption and entrenches privilege, and is responsible for maintaining inequality across the UK is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, blazes said:

You do know that there are trans women in English female prisons, don't you?

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You do know that there are trans women in English female prisons, don't you?

Do you have anything to add other than "what about the English and the Tories"?

The attempts at deflection really are hilarious.

• Like 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

You are demonising a woman for enacting a policy which your own and many other governments pursues, and about which you remain either ignorant or silent. One might suggest that your hatred of her is somewhat irrational.

Whilst I dislike her policies and her lies and cover-ups, my main focus on her (and the topic of this thread BTW) is due to the recent arrest for misappropriating funds which were donated to her political cause. I find such behaviour immoral in the extreme, especially from one who loves to appear so virtuous.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jun/11/nicola-sturgeon-arrestedquestioned-in-snp-finances-inquiry

As someone who supports that cause (however misguided), I find your continued support of her somewhat irrational. It's like supporting the thief in court who picked your pockets.

• Like 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

To the best of my knowledge, she hasn't been charged with anything, let alone found guilty. Are you privy to information that the rest of us aren't?

I am not a member of the SNP nor have I donated money to them so I have no personal axe to grind, although I am frustrated that there is this distraction when the need to get our country free of the malignant effect of the UK is greater than ever.

She hasn't been charged "yet". However, police are generally reluctant to arrest such public figures unless they have very strong grounds to believe that there is a case to be answered. I would expect charges in the next few weeks no matter how many times she pretends to have lost her memory.

Yes, Scottish "Independence" (if you can call leaving the UK to join the EU as seeking Independence) has never looked such a distant dream. I'm surprised Humza Yousaf even supports it given the number of white politicians in the EU (which he clearly has issues with).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Not unlike the mocking way Brexiteers are categorized. I guess you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Typical left wing hypocrisy. Not unlike the way you think nationalism is fine when it is Scottish nationalism, but unacceptable from other nationalities. 

Plenty of examples of Sturgeon's hateful rhetoric. She just uses the word "detest" instead of "hate".

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/nicola-sturgeon-and-the-politics-of-hatred/

image.png.cf58d7f5919d1050796e1dfbf9f959db.png

image.png.858459a43fd999ab514990249bb1ec92.png

Well I agree with her there. 

Are you saying you actualky think Liz Truss is a good leader and you think the tories are doing a good job at the momen, you know, free from corruption and care about the the British people ????

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Well I agree with her there. 

Are you saying you actualky think Liz Truss is a good leader and you think the tories are doing a good job at the momen, you know, free from corruption and care about the the British people ????

Oh look, another defender of Sturgeon's hate speech. 

Nice deflection BTW, but may I remind you that this thread is about Sturgeon's arrest for stealing SNP funds for personal gain. I don't recall Truss being arrested for such a crime, nor is she the subject of the thread.

Back on topic please.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/11/europe/nicola-sturgeon-snp-arrested-gbr-intl/index.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Sure - I was making a comparison between the muscular response of police Scotland to allegations of financial impropriety within the SNP, and the complete lack of interest within in the Metropolitan Police with regards to the allegations of corruption in the awarding of COVID contracts or peerages for cash which are laid at the door of the Tory government.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Try to be more descriptive - maybe make a list of specific things, for example?

Go on then.

16 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Go on then.

Go on then what? Are you are unaware of the cash for honours scandals or the massive COVID contracts awarded to friends, family and donors of the Tory party? It is all there in the public domain - I would expect that even a little of it may have filtered through to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Go on then what? Are you are unaware of the cash for honours scandals or the massive COVID contracts awarded to friends, family and donors of the Tory party? It is all there in the public domain - I would expect that even a little of it may have filtered through to you.

Provide a list. Those criminal offenses you said 3 people should "already be banged up" for.. 

So, we are looking for criminal offenses that under the law of UK carry a custodial sentence. 

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why bother? Just let them go.

That's your best one yet.

Are you suggesting that they want to keep a financial drain and a constant source of agitation for sentimental reasons?

The UK government is more than happy to let ex servicemen live and die on the streets - why would they want to keep Scotland if it wasn't to their benefit?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

For that we would need a police investigation to establish the facts, and a court to establish culpability. That has not happened. The most reactive we have seen of the Met in their investigations of allegations of government criminality was then sending a questionnaire to the alleged perpetrators - and that was only after a prolonged press campaign and public outrage.

But that's not happened this far for the COVID contract scandal, for example. Matt Hancock's mother, sister and pub landlord can all land juicy contracts to supply products that they have no experience in supplying while experienced suppliers are frozen out, and the police are not interested. 

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, surely one should investigate whether it really is a duck?

I believe there have been investigations. Some are still ongoing.

Just as you defend Sturgeon, rightly so, for not having been charged, neither have the other 3 you mentioned and you should therefore not be suggesting they should be banged up.

It appears you were exaggerating for effect.

So let me get this straight from reading the above news reports....

First her husband and the party's former treasurer are arrested by police, and then later released without  any charges being filed.

And now Sturgeon herself is arrested by police, and then again shortly thereafter released without charge.

I'm not familiar with law enforcement in Scotland... But all of the above seems a very odd way for police to be going about their business.

Usually, police only arrest people when they're pretty sure they have a good basis to believe they've committed a crime/crimes, and plan to seek the filing of charges.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you suggesting that they want to keep a financial drain and a constant source of agitation for sentimental reasons?

The UK government is more than happy to let ex servicemen live and die on the streets - why would they want to keep Scotland if it wasn't to their benefit?

Did I suggest that?

No. I just said " let them go" 

By the way, no deals, no money, no promises. Nothing. As you say, Scotland is wealthy enough to go alone. Go on then. Just leave. Tell Westminster now you don't need any more from them. Go on. It's going to be so easy. 

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I believe there have been investigations. Some are still ongoing.

Just as you defend Sturgeon, rightly so, for not having been charged, neither have the other 3 you mentioned and you should therefore not be suggesting they should be banged up.

It appears you were exaggerating for effect.

Can you point to those investigations? The level of potential fraud is many times more than that alleged to have taken place within the SNP - and it's taxpayers' money we are talking about so I would expect the police response and coverage to be greater too. So where is it?

• Like 1