79 new MPs face scrutiny as Election Commission says only 321 to be declared elected on June 21st

webfact

15 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Yes, it's laughable. Even more so when you consider all the highly intelligent and level headed Americans, people with a philosophy and a worldview that you meet in your everyday life, who would be much better leaders than Biden or Trump.

And even more the average normal Americans, who are usually nice and helpful and all of them would be better presidents than these two....I can't think of any American I ever met who could be worse than one of these two.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

53 minutes ago, h90 said:

maybe from the Democracy in China or the democratic elected president of the European Union....In fact no one cares...Just a couple of days ago I had a customer who thought Thailand and Taiwan is one and the same country.

There is no President of the EU. It's not a federal state and It's not a presidential regime.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, h90 said:

And even more the average normal Americans, who are usually nice and helpful and all of them would be better presidents than these two....I can't think of any American I ever met who could be worse than one of these two.

Good thing you didn't meet Jeffery Dahmer.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

Indeed, if the conservatives have to turn to PT for help, they're desperate. That's where a deal could have been struck.

'A nod, a wink, okay we let you boys run the show and let Daddy come back, but no funny stuff, right? No radical ideas.'

But looking at constituency MP candidates, PT could lose a few more seats to MF. Thai Srang Thai led by Sudarat are not fond of PT though they are in the coalition together.

My point being, PT may get the premiership but be a minority in the coalition.

When you have the Shinawatras in power they make everyone forget MF pretty fast....Thaksin is a real expert in this. And the usual voter doesn't have a long memory. I remember Thaksins first term......every week some new topic in TV. He even handed out 1000 Baht bills himself to "help the people".

And as long as he doesn't touch military or monarchy the boys in green are OK with it...The red shirts would be happy...the yellow can claim everything could have been worse.
And it would be a way forward for the country without fight. Best compromise in my opinion and I am no Thaksin fan. But civil war is worse.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I won't link and it wouldn't surprise me if the mere mention of his name gets this post deleted, but I read an article on Andrew McGregor Marshall's Secret Siam site this morning. Quite long but gives a good summing up as to what''s been happening, why it's happening and what might happen. Of course the author's opinions come across quite strongly.

It's definitely worth a read.

yes very good read

54 minutes ago, bannork said:

Indeed, if the conservatives have to turn to PT for help, they're desperate. That's where a deal could have been struck.

'A nod, a wink, okay we let you boys run the show and let Daddy come back, but no funny stuff, right? No radical ideas.'

But looking at constituency MP candidates, PT could lose a few more seats to MF. Thai Srang Thai led by Sudarat are not fond of PT though they are in the coalition together.

PT may lose some voters and the establishment parties may also lose part of what is left of the 'virtuous' voters, formerly called the "good people".

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I won't link and it wouldn't surprise me if the mere mention of his name gets this post deleted, but I read an article on Andrew McGregor Marshall's Secret Siam site this morning. Quite long but gives a good summing up as to what''s been happening, why it's happening and what might happen. Of course the author's opinions come across quite strongly.

It's definitely worth a read.

long read, definitely worth a read, think there is a lot going on behind closed doors

3 hours ago, bannork said:

However this current mix-mosh circus turns, we might all be in agreement that the infrastructural mechanics and protocol of the [supposed] Thai Parliamentary system is rather odd and unorthodox in a confusing manner. 

What we do know is that is that the structural integrity "legal" content is/was fabricated to favour the ruling elite, as it always has - being closely associated with an oligarchical based judicial system as well as a constitutional one. 

Is it any wonder that alternative upstarts can never get a foothold. 

On 6/16/2023 at 3:30 AM, h90 said:

Then you don't get out much or understand anything about what government is or does. What a nonsensical statement! Just look in a mirror.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

As if there was much to lose in this regard...

Thailand is Not a Democracy full stop.

A democracy is a country in which power is held by elected representatives.

is the senate elected NO.

is the current MP elected NO

is the current goverment a sham YES

is Thailand controlled by the military junta/ elite Yes

17 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Thailand is Not a Democracy full stop.

A democracy is a country in which power is held by elected representatives.

is the senate elected NO.

is the current MP elected NO

is the current goverment a sham YES

is Thailand controlled by the military junta/ elite Yes

That's right. I watched my country's news about this general election in Thailand. While, generally, in my country's news shows there is a large emphasis on democratic developments and elections around the world, often even eclipsing national news, reporting about this election in Thailand was surprisingly brief, while suggesting that forming a government might be difficult. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

That's right. I watched my country's news about this general election in Thailand. While, generally, in my country's news shows there is a large emphasis on democratic developments and elections around the world, often even eclipsing national news, reporting about this election in Thailand was surprisingly brief, while suggesting that forming a government might be difficult. 

so you belive the news !!!!! think you need to get your head out of the sand and do your own research

15 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

so you belive the news !!!!! think you need to get your head out of the sand and do your own research

LOL. I just agreed with your earlier post. I have lived for two decades in this part of the world, so, yes, as for the 'research' part; check! (Seen all the facets of Thai politics: democracy in crisis, populism, various military coups and dictatorships, civil unrest, etc., etc.) 

The news item I mentioned, basically confirmed your earlier post and opinion. Yes, less and less people trust traditional news channels, but I still consider a handful of them trustworthy. And as for, say, places like North Korea, Somalia, etc., I mostly rely on them, as I don't plan to do my 'own research' there... ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much