SCB ending SCB Easy Net internet banking.

22 hours ago, VBF said:

Even if I do it means I shall have to use it on my UK phone using 4G which is no help when I'm in Thailand!!!

I think that you have to use it on mobile data initially and remember it is normally tied to the phone number you have registered with them.

Try putting the Thai sim in your UK phone - although as mentioned I think you may have to be in Thailand for the initial registration. 

Hopefully you can prove me wrong.......:thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

But I would ask you provide some sort of evidence regarding your comment that: 'Even the EU banks are now realizing how bad Phone security is'. I've never come across evidence support of that.

Much as I abhor this move from SCB I unfortunately have to agree with your comment above. I would also be very interested to see some proof on the statements made?

23 hours ago, paddypower said:

Is the screenshot app on a mobile a standalone app or is it part of the online banking app,  I use Win 11 on my pc., so my screeshot is Snip, which is a separate Win 11 app.

For SCB it is part of the Easy app but on my phone it saved it to screenshots in my Gallery/pictures. I then used to bluetooth transfer it to my pc if I needed it there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2023 at 1:47 AM, Moonlover said:

'Whether you choose mobile banking or online banking, you can be confident that your bank has invested in the security of these services. However, mobile banking is a little safer when it comes to security, mainly because this type of banking does not store any data'.    Is mobile banking safe

This is just one of many references one will find on the internet if one cares to look. (I can't do your searching for you)

If someone is careless enough to not put a security PIN on their phone, put the banking app's passcode somewhere on their phone (as a reminder) and then loose the phone, yes they might just find that their bank account has been raided.

It's human error that usually causes these problems, not shortcomings in the banking apps.

Indeed Moonlover

Whilst you can never rule out banking apps or online access the only time from memory that I've had an issue (ever) with cards/apps etc was a Halifax ATM card cloned almost certainly from the Kasikorn ATM machine that was (or may still be) opposite Alcazar around 2015

Halifax out of interest refunded within 24 hours

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

I think that you have to use it on mobile data initially and remember it is normally tied to the phone number you have registered with them.

Try putting the Thai sim in your UK phone - although as mentioned I think you may have to be in Thailand for the initial registration. 

Hopefully you can prove me wrong.......:thumbsup:

This is possibly the problem.

Not going to Thailand JUST for this so if that's it I'm stuffed (a technical term!)  What's really annoying is that I actually asked at SCB in February if if they were continuing with SCB Easy or not - I was assured it wasn't going to be removed......TiT ????

I'm using my UK phone but the OTP messages are going to my Thai phone. I might try putting my Thai SIM into my tablet, getting connected and  then removing the SIM (or disabling it) and trying it on Wi-Fi. I'm purposely leaving it for a couple of days in case the error message is actually a system problem.

I shall update here as and when.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VBF said:

This is possibly the problem.

Not going to Thailand JUST for this so if that's it I'm stuffed (a technical term!)  What's really annoying is that I actually asked at SCB in February if if they were continuing with SCB Easy or not - I was assured it wasn't going to be removed......TiT ????

I'm using my UK phone but the OTP messages are going to my Thai phone. I might try putting my Thai SIM into my tablet, getting connected and  then removing the SIM (or disabling it) and trying it on Wi-Fi. I'm purposely leaving it for a couple of days in case the error message is actually a system problem.

I shall update here as and when.....

lets all complain. i'll phone the service centre and i will write up a complaint letter in Thai language, for my bank manager,

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, paddypower said:

lets all complain. i'll phone the service centre and i will write up a complaint letter in Thai language, for my bank manager,

I've literally had long Email threads with them and just this morning have conceded defeat

I just cannot get access via apps or websites or verbal confirmation of whats in my account

They have been ultra polite I might add (quite impressed that emails have come back quickly Saturdays and Sundays) but literally cant send anymore until I can be 100% sure that all recent transfers have landed correctly

99.9% they will have but I dont want to be at home to Mr C**k up on this one !

(edited in....this scenario has come about solely because of loss of Thai sim access to receive OTP and that was my fault entirely)

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

I've literally had long Email threads with them and just this morning have conceded defeat

I just cannot get access via apps or websites or verbal confirmation of whats in my account

They have been ultra polite I might add (quite impressed that emails have come back quickly Saturdays and Sundays) but literally cant send anymore until I can be 100% sure that all recent transfers have landed correctly

99.9% they will have but I dont want to be at home to Mr C**k up on this one !

(edited in....this scenario has come about solely because of loss of Thai sim access to receive OTP and that was my fault entirely)

thats unfortunate. i hope that if enough customers complain, there might be a better end result.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sometime said:

Its only ending to new customers

P1120301.jpg

you cant take any ''announcements seriously, any more. just read the daily headlines from the Bangkok Post about MFP. back to the SCB screen capture that you so kindly posted above. what does it mean? new customers are unable to use the service, effective June 9. to quote: 'Existing customers may continue to use the service - period. '. then at the same sceeen, they're announcing that existing customers will NOT be able to use the service after July 14. Kinda shows me ''East will never meet West''. 555

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2023 at 12:45 PM, liddelljohn said:

I know dozens of people including my daughter , aunt in UK, Austria and Thailand who have been robbed using Phone apps for banking   . It is not safe wheras Online is almost totally safe  i Never us phone banking apps they are very easy to get inside  with correct hacking software ,,Even the EU banks are now realizing how bad Phone security is  I Phones and Android are at risk ,, Now i will have to move bank  as I have used SCB  for 30 years ,,  I have a UOB account too,  dont like BKB or KSB may try Krungsri   as a replacement for SCB

They....(The powers that be) Dont care if PCs are safer or not they really dont care if you get scamed using a phone for banking...and they do not care about your safety.........

What they do care about is eventually getting everyone paying with electronic payments.....They want badly to do away with cash....

Many guys reading this might not live to see the cashless world (with zero privacy ) they want....

But step by step, a little at a time, like this no more banking using a PC, its all moving in a cashless direction....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2023 at 11:55 AM, jaywalker2 said:

Yes, geat, and now I have to find a new bank as well if that's possible. The problem is that what one Thai bank does all of them usually end up doing. I doubt very much that they've terminated corporate internet banking. This is probably only for retail customers and one more strategy to force us to abandon cash for mobile apps.

What is also interesting is that direct debits done through internet banking will continue to function.

I finally got around to installing the SCB mobile app and I can certainly see why the bank is forcing us to use it. It's full of ads and the offer of totally irrelevant services such as insurance, gifts, memberships. What is the obsession with insurance among the banks? I even have an add for insurance on my account page.

Admittedly, the Internet banking app was crap but at least it focused on actual banking. This app is crap as well and insulting besides.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

What is the obsession with insurance among the banks? 

Selling insurance through banks is a big deal for insurance companies. It is a somewhat new distribution channel and insurers have been falling over themselves trying to exploit banks' relationships with their customers to sell their insurance products. Banks are under pressure to increase profitability and they see this as additional revenue on top of their traditional banking services.

If I remember correctly, laws were changed some years back to allow banks to sell insurance products. Before that, they couldn't.

Banks have been lukewarm on this as it has traditionally been outside their area of expertise, and I suspect it still is. Most of the products sold through banks are fairly plain vanilla ones so that they can be sold by bank employees with little insurance knowledge.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If I remember correctly, laws were changed some years back to allow banks to sell insurance products. Before that, they couldn't.

This wave arrived Thailand with some delay. I remember it was a plague in my last country more than 10 years ago.

Bank branches mutating to insurance offices.

I now find this so funny, since day one, about a year ago I have never been able to access my EASY-Net on my laptop,

Then they closed my local branch, anyhow, off I went with my laptop to the main branch about 2weeks ago,

8 staff and not one could speak enough English, after* 2, 1/2* hours even the staff couldn't access it on my laptop,:post-4641-1156694572: got my money out, went to the bank next door and put it, in an account i have there. What a croc of she ite.

For me now, no bank book no account thank you. :coffee1:

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

For me now, no bank book no account thank you. :coffee1:

All my accounts are traditional with bank book AND internet access.

Or do I get you wrong?

Next time you have a problem with laptop and banking better ask here ????

I can/could use it on PC and laptop.

Using app mostly though.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

All my accounts are traditional with bank book AND internet access.

Or do I get you wrong?

Next time you have a problem with laptop and banking better ask here ????

I can/could use it on PC and laptop.

Using app mostly though.

The so called EASY-NET (what a laugh that name is had a laugh with bank staff over that one) with SCB does not, can not have a book or ATM card.

I dislike apps on my phone, could loose it..plus my old fingers not to good for phone apps.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

The so called EASY-NET (what a laugh that name is had a laugh with bank staff over that one) with SCB does not, can not have a book or ATM card.

Complete utter nonsense. No idea what EasyNet means to you. And this will be discontinued from July 14th.

What the thread is about.

For me EasyNet is a website to access accounts that you have with SCB.

I have a savings account and multiple fixed deposits over time, currently one.

All being accessible via EasyNet website or SCB app.

Mastercard/ATM  with the savings account.

Don't tell me what I have on the desk,

Think it's time to add to my list.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Complete utter nonsense. No idea what EasyNet means to you.

For me EasyNet is a website to access accounts that you have with SCB.

I have a savings account and multiple fixed deposits over time, currently one.

Mastercard/ATM  with the savings account.

Don't tell me what I have on the desk,

Think it's time to add to my list.

Utter nonsense you do NOT Get or can have an ATM card, with an SCB Easynet account or a standard bank book that can be updated via an ATM. 

Can't use SCB Easy anymore. Can't get facial recognition done at my SCB branch. So must go in person every time I want to make a transfer? What happens if I'm in the hospital and need to transfer a couple of hundred thousand?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Can't get facial recognition done at my SCB branch.

Did you ask?

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

So must go in person every time I want to make a transfer?

Up to 50k no changes announced.

AND: I still haven't got any message from SCB about the necessity.

But not willing to do tests and shift money around for no purpose.

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Did you ask?

Up to 50k no changes announced.

AND: I still haven't got any message from SCB about the necessity.

But not willing to do tests and shift money around for no purpose.

I have gone to SCB twice. The first time three weeks ago and they said the software for "foreigners" would be ready by 17 June for facial recognition. Today, they just said "sorry for the inconvenience." Both times the bank manager used her phone to call SCB main office. Now, with a 50,000 daily limit coming up and no SCB Easy. (And SCB closing branches left and right so going in person is harder.) What are these people thinking? Bangkok Bank did the facial recognition for me three weeks ago. SCB is just trying to squeeze out more profits.

• Like 1

I couldn't resist.

Just moved 51500 Baht from Kasikorn to Bangkok Bank. No problem.

Then moved 51000 Baht from SCB to Bangkok Bank. No problem.

Then tried to move 51000 Baht from Bangkok Bank to SCB.

And BANG!

Exceeds daily limit.

Tried to increase daily limit (set at 50000) and got this:

image.png.3f7ae9a0b7c1a0b0c49f398bef13a60b.png

So off to Bangkok Bank tomorrow.

New haircut first? :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

31 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Can't use SCB Easy anymore. Can't get facial recognition done at my SCB branch. So must go in person every time I want to make a transfer? What happens if I'm in the hospital and need to transfer a couple of hundred thousand?

For the moment you can go to the SCB app and check the personal daily limits.

Mine are still on default(?) at 200'000 for other banks.