After years of insane noise from Tree Town it got more quiet. What happened?

Mickeymaus

The government subsidy has ended. 

A lot of Thais enjoy/enjoyed Tree Town for cheap eats and lively atmosphere. 

The timeline for the fifth phase of the government’s domestic-tourism promotion campaign – which provides subsidies to hoteliers and tourists to encourage travel – will run from early March till the end of April, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) announced on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/tourism/40024608

Russians hopefully are running out of Visa options and money.

Good riddance! 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:40 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently all the new bars have been rented out, not sure if any opened yet. Treetown bars expected to move there

No bars are open in the new build between TT and 2nd road, I was there last week.

I believe some may open in the next couple of months.

The MiT bars at the Buakhao end are all open although some are very quiet.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 5:23 AM, Pattaya57 said:

When I went there it was like each bar had to crank up the music or be drowned out by the music in the bar next door.  

Maybe they finally figured out customers don't like this battle of the bands loudness. It was so horrible to me I never went back

Some of the best bar areas are those that have a shared DJ/Sound system (Frogsland on Walking Street and the bar area on Soi Diana are two). Competing music in Tree Town just turns into noise. The owners then turn it up louder and louder to try and beat their neighbours. No go zone for me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

The government subsidy has ended. 

A lot of Thais enjoy/enjoyed Tree Town for cheap eats and lively atmosphere. 

The timeline for the fifth phase of the government’s domestic-tourism promotion campaign – which provides subsidies to hoteliers and tourists to encourage travel – will run from early March till the end of April, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) announced on Friday.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/tourism/40024608

Russians hopefully are running out of Visa options and money.

Good riddance! 

The only Thais I see and saw there are the ones working there or coming with Farangs. And with working there I also mean the freelancers acting as customers at certain venues.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

The only Thais I see and saw there are the ones working there or coming with Farangs. And with working there I also mean the freelancers acting as customers at certain venues.

Thais on holiday usually gravitate to the cheapest places to eat and be entertained.

Perhaps the excitement and talk about Tree Town has died down.  I was there in April and it wasn't exactly crowded.  

Personally I'd prefer somewhere air-conditioned. 

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Exactly.

The Beach Club didn't pose too much of a noise problem as it's a building that has walls surrounding the action area. I spoke to one of the farang owners when it was still under construction (see picture). He was very optimistic and told me that they would even build saunas in it. I've never been there as a customer. But does anyone know why it is closed now?

16871681770390.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

33 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

That's funny, I found when I walked passed Tree Town I saw mainly Thai customers....never knew they were all freelancers ???? 

Edited by Pattaya57

On 6/18/2023 at 10:19 AM, Mickeymaus said:

No, this is not only one bar. There must be new regulations. Obviously nobody here knows the reason why it is much more quiet. Whatever, I and countless others are glad that it is like this now and hope the best for the future ????????????

Regarding this Made in Thailand. Strange that they removed all bars and build now bars again.

By the way. Do people here know the almost elegant Xzyte Square? It is just 100 meters from Soi Buakhao. It really looks good but had for whatever reason a slow start. Here is some information:

Xzyte Square Pattaya

https://maps.app.goo.gl/6Z3zaEpezfAu8E1A8

Look at the photos there. 

Looks good. Your link takes me to LK Metro. Is that where it is?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Looks good. Your link takes me to LK Metro. Is that where it is?

Has nothing to do with LK Metro. The best start at Soi Buakhao is at Soi Pothole (not sure if you know this name ) or directly from the 3rd Road. I marked Subway and the Triangle Bar for orientation. 

16871925072480.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus

They're probably going to put up something large and luxurious, and the bars there are on the way out, but, some claim most of them are still there so why would an impending demolition make them quieten down?

I was never a fan of Pattaya, but a mate (since dead) got me back there just before Covid, and I actually had fun. Another mutual mate, even younger than my deceased friend, wants me to go back, but I have obligations and I'm getting a bit to old for it all. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

They're probably going to put up something large and luxurious, and the bars there are on the way out, but, some claim most of them are still there so why would an impending demolition make them quieten down?

I was never a fan of Pattaya, but a mate (since dead) got me back there just before Covid, and I actually had fun. Another mutual mate, even younger than my deceased friend, wants me to go back, but I have obligations and I'm getting a bit to old for it all. 

I don't know if demolition is already planned. But of course this area is too expensive for bars and they will disappear one day. Sadly me too and hopefully they go first... They're just cheap shacks and easy to remove.

I just did a round there - midnight. If you take away the staff, many bars would be completely empty. And in the remaining rest of the Made in Thailand area it's even worse.

I don't know how they survive. Does anyone know? Some say some of the bars are only there for money laundering and they don't need to make money. There is a lot of corruption money in Thailand that needs to be washed. But I don't know. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Wasn't always a bar area, used to be swamp land!

Swamp land was very, very long ago. But Tree Town didn't exist until 2016 The whole area was empty. Two brothers tried to build condos there. There was a big party and show rooms (red circle) but this project was stopped then. This picture is from Google Maps August 2016 (you can go back in time). On the PC I have my own pictures from this area but I am sitting here with my tablet now. So thank you Google. 

16872240015330.jpg

5 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

But Tree Town didn't exist until 2016 The whole area was empty. Two brothers tried to build condos there. There was a big party and show rooms (red circle) but this project was stopped then. This picture is from Google Maps August 2016 (you can go back in time). On the PC I have my own pictures from this area but I am sitting here with my tablet now. So thank you Google. 

16872240015330.jpg

And what was there before that?

A Beer Bar Complex.

13 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

And what was there before that?

A Beer Bar Complex.

Yes. On the picture below can see all the many beer bars. This is Tree Town from the other side - but Tree Town didn't exist at this time. The red circle shows the same building that I marked red on the Google picture before. There were the show rooms from the planned condo project. A huge beer bar complex can be seen on this picture below. Or not? 

16766373687393.jpg.916b4d8de21a2b2af038f67e4f4561e4.jpg

13 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I don't know if demolition is already planned. But of course this area is too expensive for bars and they will disappear one day. Sadly me too and hopefully they go first... They're just cheap shacks and easy to remove.

I just did a round there - midnight. If you take away the staff, many bars would be completely empty. And in the remaining rest of the Made in Thailand area it's even worse.

I don't know how they survive. Does anyone know? Some say some of the bars are only there for money laundering and they don't need to make money. There is a lot of corruption money in Thailand that needs to be washed. But I don't know. 

Tree Town could be flattened to nothing in a matter of days......Most of those structures were made on the cheap...to very cheaply....

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Has nothing to do with LK Metro. The best start at Soi Buakhao is at Soi Pothole (not sure if you know this name ) or directly from the 3rd Road. I marked Subway and the Triangle Bar for orientation. 

16871925072480.jpg

Thanks. Very helpful. Will check it out next time I'm in Pattaya

On 6/18/2023 at 9:50 PM, PoorSucker said:

I live on Sai3 , north of the Klang.

All the Thai bars here have also turned down the Volume 

That's good to know. I moved into Centrepoint Condo (behind Big C Extra on Klang) before the pandemic and lasted 2 weeks . A real shame. My unit was on the side facing away from the 3rd Rd noise makers yet pounding music reverberated off other condos (I'm guessing) and woke me up many times, even during a ferocious rain storm. I'd think about moving back if the Thai clubs have really turned the music down. So is it really much better now? Thanks.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More details