Intoxicated Man in Pattaya Area Falls Off Balcony and Dies by Accident

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — An intoxicated Thai man tragically fell to his death by accident while vomiting over his balcony near Pattaya.

The deceased body of 26-year-old Mr. Anek Siangsai was found on the ground of the 19th building of the Laem Chabang Housing Project, situated in Banglamung district, Chonburi province, at 3:20 AM today, June 18th.

Sawang Boriboon rescuers responding to the incident found the man in a pool of blood. He was wearing a blue shirt and shorts. The authorities covered Anek’s body with a sheet before transporting him to a nearby hospital.

Mr. Sitthinon Sembang, 27, a witness, revealed to The Pattaya News that the deceased had been drinking since the afternoon and had become heavily intoxicated. He and others accompanied him back to his room, where they heard the sound of the deceased leaning over his balcony on the 5th floor to puke shortly followed by a loud crashing noise.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/18/intoxicated-man-in-pattaya-area-falls-off-balcony-and-dies-by-accident/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

I was living in school accommodations in Bang Bua Thong, and they had very strong wire fencing on all the back porches. THEY knew most of the teachers were a bunch of drunken reprobates. No one ever fell from those porches, and the fencing allowed puke to pass right on through. Or so I've been told.  ????

Does the blue shirt somehow relate to this story or event? Are people with blue shirts more prone to falling off a balcony?

No mention of money the builder saved by making a substandard balcony rail, that was likely too low to prevent a fall of a puker.

There is a moral to this story. Best to use the bathroom, rather than the balcony, when you are seriously drunk and have lost control. 

Darwin insisted that some species and some members of those species were more fit for survival than others. It would appear the balconies here,  are a perfect example of his theories in action. 

• Love It 1

Why are the balcony tiles polished smooth?

Kind of slippery when you hose it off with water.

Matte unpolished tiles are used for balconies, not polished tiles, but you already knew that Einstein.

Edited by JimTripper

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Does the blue shirt somehow relate to this story or event? Are people with blue shirts more prone to falling off a balcony? 

Not going to giggle, but that is very good Michael.

Balcony walls here in general are woefully low and this kind of thing is easily done even sans copious amounts of alcohol. Got a bar across our balconies, without which I'm pretty sure I would have gone for a flight long ago.

Why the heck was he puking off a balcony? I assume many floors below his, with balconies and likely this technicolor yawn could wind up on their property. Civilized, considerate and/or intelligent people would toss their vomit in a toilet, not over a rail to hit any and all below.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Why the heck was he puking off a balcony? I assume many floors below his, with balconies and likely this technicolor yawn could wind up on their property. Civilized, considerate and/or intelligent people would toss their vomit in a toilet, not over a rail to hit any and all below.

what is your point, captain obvious?