THAI to Finalize Deal to Buy 30 New Aircraft

webfact

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

From rags to riches..... the parasites will be circling again!

the Russian weaponsdealer many years...maybe 20, very upset explained in an interview the commission.

For civilian airplanes it is always 5 and 7 % for the decision maker. 5 and 7 is Boeing and Airbus, I can not remember which was the 7 and which the 5%.

(for military things it is 10%) For the military he pointed out that it is a kind of standard rate that is always payed, no matter what countries are buyer or seller....

Getting a 5% of 30 airplanes is a nice amount of money even if you need to share it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

According to THAI's own website, their fleet currently consists of 43 aircraft plus another 20 for Thai Smile, taking the total fleet size to 63. Prior to the pandemic, the airline had been operating six Airbus A380s as well as nine Boeing 747-400s. All of these large aircraft were sent into storage over the course of 2020 and it looks like they will be permanently retired. In addition, pre-pandemic, the airline also had a fleet of 15 A330-300s with an average age of 11 years with some of these being very young aircraft. Not sure what's going to happen to these aircraft but I don't think think they are operation, nor do they form of THAI's fleet on the website. So it looks like THAI's pre-pandemic fleet has decreased by a total of 30 aircraft.

49 minutes ago, thaiowl said:

According to THAI's own website, their fleet currently consists of 43 aircraft plus another 20 for Thai Smile, taking the total fleet size to 63. Prior to the pandemic, the airline had been operating six Airbus A380s as well as nine Boeing 747-400s. All of these large aircraft were sent into storage over the course of 2020 and it looks like they will be permanently retired. In addition, pre-pandemic, the airline also had a fleet of 15 A330-300s with an average age of 11 years with some of these being very young aircraft. Not sure what's going to happen to these aircraft but I don't think think they are operation, nor do they form of THAI's fleet on the website. So it looks like THAI's pre-pandemic fleet has decreased by a total of 30 aircraft.

On their website they would list only the active fleet. I know all of the 747’s were sold already but I think they still have a few A-340’s which are hard to sell because they have 4 engines. I think they planned to return some A-380’s to the lessor. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoePai said:

There are many planes parked up at Swampy doing nothing - can they not use those and save a bit of money ?

Now that is exactly what I was thinking,...but then again,...there are no "kick backs" in there own old planes.....(A “kickback” is a bribe paid incrementally by the contractor as it is paid, usually an agreed percentage of the contract. Most bribes in exchange for large contract awards in international development projects are paid as kickbacks, usually totaling 5%-10% of the contract value.)

Best regards and have a good day !

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaiowl said:

Russia might want to buy/trade oil for Thai Airways' out of service/- surplus Airbus and Boeing aircraft, if not just for parts while Russia is under Western sanctions. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Spoken like a true novice to Thailand, How will they pocket commissions, grafts and other favors if not by ordering new equipment?

In the same way it happens in every other country.

The real novices are those that believe corruption is unique to Thailand, when in fact they are only following the leaders.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So are they considered 'out of bankruptycy' or at least enough to start refunding all those covid tickets people purchased.   

Or am I not up to speed on news of refunds ?  Anyone out there still waiting, though may not help with all the new fare increases.

Last week I was checking prices, one way to Brisbane, Thai 40k-60k, that was for economy tickets. Do people pay those sort of prices?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Last week I was checking prices, one way to Brisbane, Thai 40k-60k, that was for economy tickets. Do people pay those sort of prices?

Have you tried looking at JetStar prices, although it might mean a short hop between Sydney and Brisbane?

Despite all that people have said about JetStar I have flown them many times between Sydney and Phuket, business class, and always found them to be excellent.

Wonders never seize:
300+ billion (not million) carried-forward losses
10 billion profit end of March while 
20 billion losses were accrued by their 100% daughter enterprise Thai Smile; latter to be integrated 100% into Thai Airways

Can anyone tell me, where my mistake in Thai mathematics is? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So are they considered 'out of bankruptycy' or at least enough to start refunding all those covid tickets people purchased.   

Or am I not up to speed on news of refunds ?  Anyone out there still waiting, though may not help with all the new fare increases.

I'm still waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given their track record (the Thai government having to regularly pony up gargantuan money to keep this "national" airline alive), the first order of business is to totally privatize Thai airline.  A sure way to screw up an airline business is to have a government owning or controlling what should be a private, non-public, enterprise.

Edited by CMBob
  • Thumbs Up 1