Thailand forcing Cashless Society

Jenkins9039

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Seriously fella and not for the first time pop off and troll elsewhere

No need to be cantankerous. 

You are complaining about your bank in Basingstoke being far away and it turns out you are using a Scottish bank! 

Like me saying I live in John O Groats and my nearest Bank of England is far away.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I see smartphones used by dumb people at the Big C checkouts, taking 3 or 4 times as long to pay while I am waiting with cash.

Yes, this happens to me a lot. Maybe it's different in big cities but in our rural Big C I frequently get held up by someone paying with their smartphone.  So I asked the cashiers. In your experience which method of payment is fastest and more convenient for you , cash , debit card or QR code. They all say cash is fastest. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pub2022 said:

This is happening everywhere, not only in Thailand.

Once central bank digital currency will be in use and cash completely disappered, freedom of movement and speech will be something from the past, togheter with our privacy.

Once digital payments and digital ID are integrated, all items will have a CO2 score.

The climate scam is being used as the license to impose any decision they (WEF, UN, WHO, etc) want. They will add limits affecting your personal travelling, eating, habits, ownership of vehicles, etc. This is not conspiracy theory, go to the website of the World Economic Forum, it's everything written there, it's official.

This is the world they're planning for us:

https://rumble.com/vbovq3-the-great-reset-from-the-world-economic-forum.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/worldeconomicforum/2016/11/10/shopping-i-cant-really-remember-what-that-is-or-how-differently-well-live-in-2030/?sh=dcc400a17350

Do not say you hadn't been warned.

All very sinister

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Er, no, it does not take a Thai "too long" to open a bank account.

It does for people who have unofficial businesses, was in an research article about KYC and banks in Thailand about a year ago. don't have the link anymore.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm reminded every time we have a fai-dap (a couple of times a month on average) just how fragile this ridiculously complicated system is. Add in all the potential holes in the very many systems involved that hackers are beavering away at and it seems crazy, until I remember who is pushing it.........

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

It's 2023. The only people who still need cash are criminals

100% disagree with this, half the population if not more shop at markets, and sure QR is eating into trade, but it's still predominantly cash based society.

The problem I've highlighted is because I usually need cash to pay for day to day etc when in little shops/stalls/etc.

As for Criminals only this or that, had a neighbour sprout this before "nothing to hide", "no reason for cash", only recently left and now trying to figure out how to get his money out of Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pub2022 said:

The climate scam

there will be more controls on how people spend their money.

but they're not doing it just because they get their rocks off controlling people.

climate is not a 'scam'.

have you figured out how to handle the problem of millions of migrants being displaced due to environmental issues? 

of course not. it's above your pay grade. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, cooked said:

the video where Kurt Schwab, president of the WEF, wants everyone to have a chip implanted in their brain?

No idea who Kurt Schwab is.  The president of the WEF is Klaus Schwab.  And pretty sure he's never said he wants everyone to have a chip implanted in their brain or, indeed, in any other body part.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

No idea who Kurt Schwab is.  The president of the WEF is Klaus Schwab.  And pretty sure he's never said he wants everyone to have a chip implanted in their brain or, indeed, in any other body part.

his brother? ????

What Klaus speaks is bad enough...but didn't hear chips in the brain yet