To proceed, MFP must show more political maturity

webfact

43 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I strongly disagree!

Maturity doesn't come by age (only). Look at that 80 year old Joe Biden or this fragile Prawit. Aren't they not mature or already childish? Who knows? ????

usually comes with age....for some it comes never....and some go back in time when they get senile.

But some age is important...with 15 everyone is childish

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bogs smith said:

it all boils down to education. 

most thais don't even know what the word democracy means. 

no it comes more from work....not from school.

• Confused 2

The MF leaders are naive and fall into traps like lemmings. If i hear one more quote saying how confident someone is that nothing will happen I will have to admit Move Forward is not the party Thailand needs, just the one it wants. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

I strongly disagree!

Maturity doesn't come by age (only). Look at that 80 year old Joe Biden or this fragile Prawit. Aren't they not mature or already childish? Who knows? ????

You're comparing a golden eagle to a frog. 

5 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

This is to be expected. Wouldn't you boo if you saw through all of their platitudes, bargains and backroom deals? I know I would... PT will likely be the party that forms the next government.

Is the Thai Enquirer owned by China Daily? Their writing sounds a lot like the CCP's mouthpiece lately.

I've followed Thai Enquirer's stylings for quite some time and appears that their policies tend to favour a Shinawatra stronghold. Have to wonder if a particular underwriting influence has their ear.....

Thai media source that promotes itself for an English readership [and mindset] should always be suspect. 

2 hours ago, kuma said:

oh and there are sage people from the cw that can school them is that the implication? Ha, if so. There are no good examples of properly functioning 'democracies' in the english speaking world, currently, imo

As there never has been in practice. 

Much more oligarchy and plutocracy in nature than anything democratic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The last Government had  a lack of everything, how dare they say MFP is to show more political maturity?? Anutin and Prawit and Prayuth even had no clue anything, if you heard them talking and saw the acting to questions.

Besides that there are more people who are not suitable for their functions

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

One mustn’t be precipitous nor naive, particularly when the scepter of power is at stake.

Power isn't at stake - the election has completed, the results are in and that's the end of it - anything other than that is interferring with the electoral process.

If the people decide to vote for morons then that's up to them - there are no requirements of maturity or anything else to holding power other than somehow cobbling together a majority of MPs in the house and following the rules of parliament which can be altered accordingly by the MPs.

Any suggestion otherwise is complete nonsense.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Move Forward Party (MFP), a relatively new political force, finds itself maneuvering in these complex waters. Their recent setbacks underscore the necessity for a measured political coming-of-age, one underpinned by careful judgment and prudence.

Code for not engaging in the nessacery for Thai politics level of corruption and nepotism.  

17 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

in other words, MFP has to start offering bribes and show signs of corruption which then gives the impression of Thai political maturity.

I am sure they have learned that already.....else they would been a 1% party.

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The last Government had  a lack of everything, how dare they say MFP is to show more political maturity?? Anutin and Prawit and Prayuth even had no clue anything, if you heard them talking and saw the acting to questions.

Besides that there are more people who are not suitable for their functions

But they didn't had big projects...so they didn't do much harm.....But MFP want to change everything and having no clue of anything.

To be stupid is no problem if you are lazy....but it is if someone is hard working

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Power isn't at stake - the election has completed, the results are in and that's the end of it - anything other than that is interferring with the electoral process.

If the people decide to vote for morons then that's up to them - there are no requirements of maturity or anything else to holding power other than somehow cobbling together a majority of MPs in the house and following the rules of parliament which can be altered accordingly by the MPs.

Any suggestion otherwise is complete nonsense.

Theoretically yes.....But if people vote for an Adolf Hitler, also these people who didn't vote for them have the consequences. 28% of the voter did vote for MFP. All others didn't vote or vote different but still have at least to pay for the nonsense this government will do.

Immature, child-like op-ed piece. Thai Enquirer excels at these.

The author seems to find fault with nearly every statement and activity made by MFP in this tenuous period, post election.

MFP is "acting" just as they said they would when they presented their platform, and received their electoral mandate. Pita et al are expressing confidence, since when is that a bad thing?

If the ultra-nationalists can't take a bit of tweaking from, for example Rome on the national day thing, then they need thicker skin.

I'm sure the author will also pen an op-ed piece on the powers that be doing all they can to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power? And I'm sure they wrote something similar when PPP  steam-rolled their way to power in 2019.

• Like 2

Perhaps in this instance mature is a coded word for corrupt, bent, moral sacrifice, broken ethics, bought and paid for, and working within a system of patronage. 

Their relative youth and lack of capitulation is what the people want. 

• Like 2