Chinese man arrested in Chon Buri for using fake registration plate on Bentley

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

the car lacked an annual tax sticker

I thought those had been abolished.

I've noticed this year that no motos seem to have them, and my brand new bike certainly doesn't - but maybe that's just two-wheelers?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I've noticed this year that no motos seem to have them, and my brand new bike certainly doesn't - but maybe that's just two-wheelers?

You are mistaken, you certainly still need the annual tax sticker. Whether they are displayed on a 2 wheeler is less certain... they do get stolen, so some keep them under the seat. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

im 100% sure cops were know about this man and the car before. i dont believe they will stop him randomly.

the only thing could happen is maybe he was drunk and driving really bad and they had to stop him

Highway police officers in Chon Buri province made a surprising discovery on a routine patrol resulting in the arrest of a 34 year old Chinese man, Chaing Meng, for using a fake registration plate on his luxury Bentley sedan. The incident took place on Highway number 344 near the Khaosok district when officers noticed the suspicious vehicle being driven erratically.

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

im 100% sure cops were know about this man and the car before. i dont believe they will stop him randomly.

the only thing could happen is maybe he was drunk and driving really bad and they had to stop him

Probably he failed to make a payment and was stopped for the car as a warning to continue paying the 'right people'

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am hoping the police have been making extensive enquiries regarding the man's acquisition of the Bentley to determine if it has been legitimately obtained.  And also determining the man's business here in Thailand.  What is he possibly hiding?  Fake plates could be used for many reasons.  Evading tolls I doubt for someone legitimately owning a Bentley.  Evading speeding fines from speed camera detection -.perhaps.  

14 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Brand new bike would have Red plates, until registered to the owner, then you get the tax 'sticker' no sticker then no insurance. your thinking needs adjusting.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

358017680_1014149919911699_7717674359042954495_n.jpg

Highway Police officers arrested a Chinese man on a highway in Chon Buri province for using a fake registration plate on his luxury Bentley sedan.

Highway police officers in Chon Buri province made a surprising discovery on a routine patrol resulting in the arrest of a 34 year old Chinese man, Chaing Meng, for using a fake registration plate on his luxury Bentley sedan. The incident took place on Highway number 344 near the Khaosok district when officers noticed the suspicious vehicle being driven erratically.

Following the Bentley, the officers promptly pulled over Chaing and requested the necessary car documents. However, the Chinese driver was unable to produce any, raising further suspicion. A closer inspection revealed that the car lacked an annual tax sticker and was registered under different numbers, indicating the use of a counterfeit plate.

The registration plate’s irregularities, including the absence of a watermark and officially issued 10-digit numbers, confirmed its fraudulent nature. Meng claimed ignorance, stating that he had purchased the Bentley from a car showroom on Vipawadee Road in Bangkok.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ SundailyNews Online

#news

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/chinese-man-arrested-in-chon-buri-for-using-fake-registration-plate-on-bentley

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Most people reading this article were not triggered by false number plates but by the Bentley. The first question of the police officer should therefore be how he got the Bentley, this could lead to more surprises than finding out about the number plates.

34 year old Chinese national in a dodgy Bentley?

100% Princeling son of CCP Top Brass or a member of the "Black Societies".

One thing that China is on top of is it's Black Society (Triads are HK Macau and Taiwan based) the B.S. can nothing without severe blowback unless they have CCP blessing. Such as scamming foreigners. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some Chinese poser just had to have his Bentley in Thailand.  He just couldn't stomach the taxes so he tried fixing that. The guy is just 34. He's the type of person that makes it big in his 30's, spends it up, and will end up being average to poor by the time he hits 55. 

There is a documentary on Youtube about guys like this from Japan in the 90's. They were highrollers, but the high times didn't last

Edited by Harsh Jones