MFP leader Pita Limjaroenrat’s wealth disclosure unveils assets of 85 million baht

snoop1130

345844967_760446692226146_4991806571161022243_n.jpeg

The Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) today revealed details of the financial standing of Move Forward Party (MFP) leader Pita Limjaroenrat. The details, intriguing as they are, highlight the scale and spread of his assets and liabilities, which total 85 million baht (US$2.4 million) and 20 million baht (US$573,000) respectively, Sanook reported.

Pita’s assets consist of cash totalling 1.8 million baht (US$51,600), bank deposits spread across 27 accounts amounting to 286,045.7 baht (US$8,200), investments valued at 1,346,698.98 baht (US$38,600), and a loan of 15 million baht (US$430,000) lent to Phasin Limjaroenrat, his shared biological sibling. This loan was issued on December 15, 2020.

Among the MFP leader’s more tangible assets, he owns a piece of land valued at 18 million baht (US$516,000) in Wang Pong, Pranburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, spanning 14 acres. He acquired this plot on April 10, 2017. In addition, a condominium in Khlong Thanon, Watthana, Bangkok is part of his wealth, priced at 15 million baht (US$430,000). His mobile assets include an automobile, priced at 2 million baht (US$57,300) and two motorcycles, along with an electric bicycle, totalling 2.14 million baht (US$61,400).

In a rather unorthodox revelation, they listed other assets valued at 12,036,990 baht (US$345,000). It includes three mobile phones, 16 suites, 76 neckties, 21 pairs of shoes, 10 wristwatches and eight relics.

In terms of liabilities, he has overdrawn 807,414 baht (US$23,000) from his account with the rest, 19,932,762.02 baht (US$572,000), arising from credit guarantees. Pita claimed that he took a loan on April 14, 2020.

By Samantha Rose

Caption: PHOTO: Facebook/Pita Limjaroenrat - พิธา ลิ้มเจริญรัตน์

#news

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/politics/ex-mp-phitha-limcharoenrats-wealth-disclosure-unveils-assets-of-85-million-baht-2

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

He has 27 bank accounts with each a little over 10,000 Baht, strange accounting or maybe not and the future limit of bank accounts where the account will not be emptied by the government?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe Pita's are made  by Citizen, Seiko etc.. rather than the more luxurious brands that Prawit borrowed.

borrowed haha... i like your choice of words. You must believe all the that is told to you. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

A man of the people and working classes......someone they can relate to. 

Is he? 

Same as it ever was. 

He has a couple of millions USD , Hardly suppers rich, and probably much less wealthy than many others in goverment now.

In contrast Prayut assets are estimated at  double Pita's assets and he was an army general , as substantial achievement when one considers that his pay in the army was about $34,000 per year. and as PM $43,000 per year

Pita is a Harvard and MIT graduate. IMO he might be to educated for Thai politics. 

As apoint of interest an MIT graduate when working in the US is estimated to earn between $159,000k and  $874,000 , to that add a Harvard degree.....

but the scandal chose instead the opulence and wealth of a Thai prime minister who make about 43,000 usd per year. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

bank deposits spread across 27 accounts amounting to 286,045.7 baht

Thais do seem to have a habit of amassing bank accounts with very little kept in most of them (as per BoT stats), but 27 of them? Wow.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

The Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) today revealed details of the financial standing of Move Forward Party (MFP) leader Pita Limjaroenrat.

Has the NACC released the financial disclosures of others? In such detail (number of ties, pairs of shoes)?

I looked, couldn't find them, but suspect they are publicly available.

NACC

Powers and Duties

Wiki

to inspect the accuracy, actual existence, as well as change of assets and liabilities of persons holding positions under Section 259 and Section 264 as stated in the account and supporting documents submitted. Political office-holders as well as high-ranking officials must report their assets before assuming their posts and after they leave the posts. They are not required to declare assets while in office.[9] NACC financial disclosure rules do not apply to National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) members. Also exempt are members of the NCPO-appointed 200-member National Reform Steering Assembly.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Anti-Corruption_Commission_(Thailand)

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Thais do seem to have a habit of amassing bank accounts with very little kept in most of them (as per BoT stats), but 27 of them? Wow.

Indeed.

Might wanna keep an eye on this fella. 

My cynical and suspicious side tells me something ain't right. 

I'll reserve my slobbering and championing [as many are already] until he's proven sufficient to my satisfaction. 

I'm patient. 

• Like 1

I've been behind a blue-hair auntie at the update machine when she starts running through at least 20 passbooks (and that's at just one bank) shortly after the first of the month.

Surely the total amount is more noteworthy than the number of accounts?

But then I need this same level of detail for others, in order to compare/contrast and come up with some sort of valid concern.

bank deposits spread across 27 accounts amounting to 286,045.7 baht (US$8,200)

I'd guess most of us have more than this on deposit? On the plus side, I wouldn't have to file a FBAR with this amount.

16 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Eight relics?

wow, didn't know they count your wardrobe as an asset. Suddenly I find myself a whole 10,000 B richer.

My wife thinks most of my clothing are relics, along with me  ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

That's a large number of passwords to remember,,,,unless he uses the same one for each !

On 7/5/2023 at 6:18 PM, BE88 said:

He has 27 bank accounts with each a little over 10,000 Baht, strange accounting or maybe not and the future limit of bank accounts where the account will not be emptied by the government?

How many bank accounts does Prayuth have and what is his net worth? We will never know as HE refuses to release the details.

6 hours ago, Ombra said: