Trump’s dominance of GOP field has America bracing for a toxic campaign

Social Media

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Nasty ad from a PAC calling him either chicken or a loser Nailed for not intending to show up for debate.

I hope both Trump and Biden agree to debate their respective party opponents, so Americans can see these two over-the-hill politicians.  America deserves better choices.

If Trump is nominated, the choice no matter who the democratic party nominee is, will be between transforming the USA into a fascist presidential dictatorship or to give the American democracy a fighting chance to keep going as a functioning democracy.

Once you fully lose democracy, it becomes incredibly difficult to ever get it back.

Trump plans a frightening power grab if elected president in 2024 (usatoday.com)

Is America on the brink of tyranny? Trump's plan if elected in 2024 should frighten us all.

A bureaucracy purged of those loyal to the Constitution rather than to Donald Trump will send free and fair elections to history's landfill, along with the Bill of Rights

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If Trump is nominated, the choice no matter who the democratic party nominee is, will be between transforming the USA into a fascist presidential dictatorship or to give the American democracy a fighting chance to keep going as a functioning democracy.

Once you fully lose democracy, it becomes incredibly difficult to ever get it back.

Trump plans a frightening power grab if elected president in 2024 (usatoday.com)

Is America on the brink of tyranny? Trump's plan if elected in 2024 should frighten us all.

A bureaucracy purged of those loyal to the Constitution rather than to Donald Trump will send free and fair elections to history's landfill, along with the Bill of Rights

And yet millions and millions of lemmings can’t wait to follow Trump and make him their almighty overlord. It won’t be ‘in god we trust’ anymore, but ‘in Trump we trust’. And those who resist will be persecuted. 
I keep seeing in my mind’s eye that video from WWII, where Joseph Goebbels stands in front of a huge and delirious crowd and shouts at the top of his lungs ‘do you want total war’? And the crowd roars ‘yes!!!’. Absolutely frightening and chilling, how such a huge crowd can be whipped into a murderous frenzy by just one man and his hateful words.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, Isaan sailor said:

I hope both Trump and Biden agree to debate their respective party opponents, so Americans can see these two over-the-hill politicians.  America deserves better choices.

While we like to believe that the two parties are stuffing these old geezers down our throats, it is in fact the voters who decided/will decide.  The Dems had a primary in 2020 and chose Biden.  The Reps are going through a primary now and will most likely choose Trump.  So who to blame if 2024 is Biden and Trump again?  The American voters, of course. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why I think it fair to say that Trump was chosen in the primary, I do not think the same can honestly be said about Biden. 

Incumbents don't typically have to go through a primary when running for reelection.  Trump didn't in 2020 and Biden shouldn't in 2024.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Incumbents don't typically have to go through a primary when running for reelection.  Trump didn't in 2020 and Biden shouldn't in 2024.

Sorry, I was talking about Trump in '16 and Biden in '20. 

I don't see Biden running in '24, he's probably the only guy that could lose to Trump. 

What about Harris-Buttigieg? Or maybe Kennedy-West?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Sorry, I was talking about Trump in '16 and Biden in '20. 

I don't see Biden running in '24, he's probably the only guy that could lose to Trump. 

What about Harris-Buttigieg? Or maybe Kennedy-West?

Funny.

Trump would be the easiest for Biden to beat 

Biden would lose against a non maga republican.

I assume your two democratic ticket ideas are jokes.

Harris is very unpopular.

Buttigeig might run for president if Biden exits.

Kennedy has zero chance of being nominated  He's a conspiracy theory loony tunes and Kremlin propaganda shill.

West might run third party but zero chance as a democrat.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What are you talking about?

He's a rising star with magas, conspiracy fans, and Putin lovers.

He has ZERO chance of being nominated by the democrats. Seriously: ZERO.

I don’t disagree.  But if he runs as an Independent—he could win.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

No chance to win but he could be a spoiler.

It's being debated whether he would help Trump or Biden though.

His weird garbage views on vaccines and the war might have more of an attraction for republicans and more right wing independents.

As a democrat, I'm actually not really worried about him running third party.

I am worried about NO LABELS though as far as spoiling things and giving it to trump. 

Edited by Jingthing

24 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My party? I am registered Independent. Some people make attacks without any evidence and it is Republicans

I'm an independent as well, and yes, some people make attacks without any evidence, but it is Democrats. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, Isaan sailor said:

The both sides mantra is getting boring.

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

No he couldn't. No 3rd party candidate has a snowball's chance in hell of winning the presidency. Never has, never will and wouldn't control either house anyway.

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Funny, back when Trump was a Democrat the left loved him. 

Gore and Clinton still moaning their elections were stolen, aren't they? 

I don’t recall Trump being a Democrat, but back then he was at least a semi-decent guy in public. Since he became president he’s become more and more of a total nutbag, and a full blown fascist as well.

Gore conceded rather gracefully, certainly in comparison to Trump and his clan, and I don’t think he’s been moaning about it ever since, and neither has Clinton. Even if HRC had been moaning, she has/had a point, since she got over 3 million more votes than Trump. He just became president because of that stupid electoral college thing you have in the US. In any other true democracy, she would have won and would have been president.

• Haha 1