Trump’s dominance of GOP field has America bracing for a toxic campaign

Social Media

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's been about two years, I think. Why would he? 

No. Do you the Biden will be bragging about all the vaccine mandates? 

Trump's defenders say he may be rude and crude but he says what he believes. Which is why after being booed by his supporters for claiming credit for the vaccines, he's keeping his mouth shut?

As for Biden bragging about covid mandates during the pandemic, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Trump's defenders say he may be rude and crude but he says what he believes. Which is why after being booed by his supporters for claiming credit for the vaccines, he's keeping his mouth shut?

I had not noticed him keeping his mouth shut.

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As for Biden bragging about covid mandates during the pandemic, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

I was asking for an opinion; do you have one or do you have to check with the DNC first? 

• Love It 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I had not noticed him keeping his mouth shut.

I was asking for an opinion; do you have one or do you have to check with the DNC first? 

Well, if you hadn't noticed it must not be the case. Just because Trump chose to keep secret the fact that he got vaccinated apparently means nothing according to you

Trump advisors convinced him to stop promoting vaccines, fearing backlash from his base, report says

Former President Donald Trump is backing away from advocating COVID vaccines amid concerns from advisors that it could alienate his base, Politico reported.

According to the outlet, people in Trump's circle of advisors are concerned about the political fallout from his recent support for the vaccines, which were developed under his administration. 

At Saturday's rally in Conroe, Texas, Trump completely avoided the subject.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-stops-vaccine-promotion-for-fear-of-base-backlash-politico-2022-2

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, if you hadn't noticed it must not be the case. Just because Trump chose to keep secret the fact that he got vaccinated apparently means nothing according to you

Trump advisors convinced him to stop promoting vaccines, fearing backlash from his base, report says

Former President Donald Trump is backing away from advocating COVID vaccines amid concerns from advisors that it could alienate his base, Politico reported.

According to the outlet, people in Trump's circle of advisors are concerned about the political fallout from his recent support for the vaccines, which were developed under his administration. 

At Saturday's rally in Conroe, Texas, Trump completely avoided the subject.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-stops-vaccine-promotion-for-fear-of-base-backlash-politico-2022-2

So, nothing less than a year old from the hostile media you could find? 

Do you have anything less than a year-old showing Biden promoting vaccines? He seems to have gotten awfully quiet about it as well. 

Do you think Biden will be bragging about the vaccine mandates in the coming election or not? 

Again, de do you have one or do you have to check with the DNC first? 

• Love It 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:43 AM, Yellowtail said:

So, nothing less than a year old from the hostile media you could find? 

Do you have anything less than a year-old showing Biden promoting vaccines? He seems to have gotten awfully quiet about it as well. 

Do you think Biden will be bragging about the vaccine mandates in the coming election or not? 

Again, de do you have one or do you have to check with the DNC first? 

Right before the 2020 midterms Biden got a booster shot live on TV:

WATCH: Biden receives new COVID-19 booster, promotes vaccines

President Joe Biden rolled up his sleeve and got his updated COVID-19 booster shot Tuesday, as he urged millions of people who have yet to be boosted to do so by Halloween, if possible, so they can gather safely with family and friends this holiday season.

“Get vaccinated,” he said, noting that it’s free. “Not enough people are getting it.”

Biden also called on Congress to provide the billions of do

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-biden-receives-new-covid-19-vaccine-booster-delivers-remarks

And I have no idea whether or not Biden will be bragging about vaccine mandates. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When asked if you have anything less than a year-old showing Biden promoting vaccines, you provide a three-year-old article that was updated a year ago? Why couldn't you just say no? 

But you thought they were a good thing, yes?

Why would he not bring them up? 

Calendarically challenged much? The article was from October 25, 2022. Right before an election. Do you think Biden got a booster live on TV because he thought that it was politically a bad move?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When have you ever seen or heard Biden bragging about something? You must be mistaking him for your guy Trump, who does nothing else than brag and take credit for things he had absolutely nothing to do with.

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course he's also calling for regular annual boosters, this from just Jan 2023

“For most Americans, one COVID shot each year will be all they need,” Biden said at the White House. “And if you get it, you’ll be protected. And if you don’t, you’re putting yourself and other people at unnecessary risk.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2023-01-05/biden-has-called-for-annual-covid-19-booster-shots-but-is-that-realistic

"Among past and current members of Congress, Biden holds the record for drug industry contributions, at nearly $8.9 million."

I wonder why...

PolitiFact | Biden did not receive millions from the drug industry as a member of Congress

• Love It 1

40 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Calendarically challenged much? The article was from October 25, 2022. Right before an election. Do you think Biden got a booster live on TV because he thought that it was politically a bad move?

Sorry. I said a year and it was only nine months. 

In any event, do you think the vaccine mandates were a good thing, and if so, why would he not bring them up?

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

When have you ever seen or heard Biden bragging about something? You must be mistaking him for your guy Trump, who does nothing else than brag and take credit for things he had absolutely nothing to do with.

Corn pop and the chain?

Getting the prosecutor fired? 

No vaccine before he was elected?

Hunter is the smartest man he ever met? 

• Love It 1

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

"Among past and current members of Congress, Biden holds the record for drug industry contributions, at nearly $8.9 million."

I wonder why...

PolitiFact | Biden did not receive millions from the drug industry as a member of Congress

Yet Trump, who never served in Congress. In his 2016 and 2020 presidential campaigns, Trump collected just over $3.2 million from the pharmaceutical industry.

I wonder why?

I also wonder what on earth this has to do with the link I provided of Biden this year recommending boosters yearly which is a national health matter?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2023 at 10:52 AM, placeholder said:

Right before the 2020 midterms Biden got a booster shot live on TV:

WATCH: Biden receives new COVID-19 booster, promotes vaccines

President Joe Biden rolled up his sleeve and got his updated COVID-19 booster shot Tuesday, as he urged millions of people who have yet to be boosted to do so by Halloween, if possible, so they can gather safely with family and friends this holiday season.

“Get vaccinated,” he said, noting that it’s free. “Not enough people are getting it.”

Biden also called on Congress to provide the billions of do

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-biden-receives-new-covid-19-vaccine-booster-delivers-remarks

And I have no idea whether or not Biden will be bragging about vaccine mandates. 

You meant to post "Right before the 2022 midterms...".

No big deal.  Most people figured it out from the context and the date of the article.

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Simple test:  Ask a trumper a simple yes or no question:  Did trump win the election in 2020?

The majority of republicans according to polls will tell you YES proving (beyond zero credible evidence in 60+ court cases, recount after recount, investigation after investigation, mostly done by republicans )that they are delusional.  Any attempt of rational discussion with delusional people is a waste of time.

It is not surprising, considering that a similar number of Republicans believe the pizzagate conspiracy theory. 

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Corn pop and the chain?

Getting the prosecutor fired? 

No vaccine before he was elected?

Hunter is the smartest man he ever met? 

You’re a bit of a nitpick, aren’t you? You see the few instances when Biden ‘bragged’, but apparently you don’t see (or recognize) it when Trump does it a thousand times worse. I wonder why that is.
Do you really not see it when Trump does it, or does it not bother you? Or maybe you even admire that in him?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

You’re a bit of a nitpick, aren’t you? You see the few instances when Biden ‘bragged’,

A few off the top of my head. 

but apparently you don’t see (or recognize) it when Trump does it a thousand times worse. I wonder why that is.

What is did Trump brag about that was a thousand times worse? 

Do you really not see it when Trump does it, or does it not bother you? Or maybe you even admire that in him?

I see when Trump does it, how could I not? It's covered by all the leftist media (redundant) ad nauseum. 

It does bother me, and I don't like it. I wish he were a better man. But unlike the left, I don't have to pretend he's something he's not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trump said on a radio show the other day that Joe Biden is on cocaine. This, of course, because of the little bag of cocaine that was found in the White House. So Trump, of course, automatically assumes Joe Biden is on cocaine, or at least sees a golden opportunity to accuse Biden of being on cocaine. And his mindless base will no doubt eat it up.

If Trump is so concerned about people being on cocaine, maybe he should pay some more attention to Don Jr, because when you watch the videos he puts out, I can’t shake the feeling that that guy must be on something, no doubt about it.

• Love It 1

The word "toxic" in relation to Trump brought back a flood of memories fo his toxic behaviour. And self described "patriots" willingly vote for this...

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump finds the notion of military service difficult to understand, and the idea of volunteering to serve especially incomprehensible.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

As the two stood beside Kelly's son's grave, Trump reportedly turned to Kelly and said: "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-general-john-kelly-eaten-alive-arlington-cemetery-2020-9

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

Trump said on a radio show the other day that Joe Biden is on cocaine. This, of course, because of the little bag of cocaine that was found in the White House. So Trump, of course, automatically assumes Joe Biden is on cocaine, or at least sees a golden opportunity to accuse Biden of being on cocaine. And his mindless base will no doubt eat it up.

If Trump is so concerned about people being on cocaine, maybe he should pay some more attention to Don Jr, because when you watch the videos he puts out, I can’t shake the feeling that that guy must be on something, no doubt about it.

Uncle Joe isn't on cocaine but I don't think such an attack really hurts him. Magas if they believe it are already beyond redemption and if anyone else believes it it sounds kind of cool. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The word "toxic" in relation to Trump brought back a flood of memories fo his toxic behaviour. And self described "patriots" willingly vote for this...

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump finds the notion of military service difficult to understand, and the idea of volunteering to serve especially incomprehensible.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

As the two stood beside Kelly's son's grave, Trump reportedly turned to Kelly and said: "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-general-john-kelly-eaten-alive-arlington-cemetery-2020-9

You should see what he posts on Truth Social, completely unhinged rants, almost always disgusting and sickening.  And this is the guy that dozens of millions of Americans would blindly vote for. What a weird country.

• Like 2

Trump, who was speaking at a Turning Point USA event, earlier said he had underestimated Joe Biden. Later in the talk, Trump said he would sometimes have the tents belonging to homeless people "taken down" when he saw them as he came into the White House from the airport.

"I kept it beautiful," he said. "If I saw one tent or two tents or three tents as I was coming in from the airport, I'd have them taken down immediately because I knew that you'd have 100 tents and 1,000 tents if you don't do it."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-says-he-removed-homeless-tents/

Trump's biggest problem in the election campaign is probably not so much pending indictments, it's Chris Christie. Christie knows where the bodies are buried and will trash Trump badly in the Republican debates. I doubt that Trump will even have the guts to debate him.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Trump's biggest problem in the election campaign is probably not so much pending indictments, it's Chris Christie. Christie knows where the bodies are buried and will trash Trump badly in the Republican debates. I doubt that Trump will even have the guts to debate him.

Nasty ad from a PAC calling him either chicken or a loser Nailed for not intending to show up for debate.

Edited by earlinclaifornia