Typical Farang. Wifebeater, overweight, unshave, flip flops, tattoed at the ATM

Goat

I would never in a million years ridicule anyone's efforts to explore Thailand's rich music culture, but, good God man, that's a crappy song. You can hear that same beat in countless other songs, and the lyrics are insipid, uninspiring, without any real message. The cynical attempt to give the song cultural chops by incorporating traditional instruments falls flat as well. 

The video on the other hand, even though it too is a total rip off of black rap videos, does have high production values, is visually catchy, holds your attention, and is amusing to the extent it provides a Thai "take" on black rap culture.

Gecko123

Music and music video critic

ASEANNOW

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

As i have a thai male friend...from the things he says to me is maybe they dont have any money in the ATM to withdrawal.........he even asked me for 1000 the other day....

Go ahead somchai rap about your life but this fat farang has what thai girls want....$$$$$$$

Quite an interesting rant.

But I must point out a few glaring errors.

His name is Youngohm. Not Somchai.

he is not YOUR Thai friend. He doesnt know your Thai friend. But I can guarentee you your thai freind knows Youngohm.

Youngohm was a USD millionaire at age 22.

Now at 24, with sell out concerts, numerous hit singles, sponsorships and stadium tours here in Thaiand and abroad he is a multi millionaire.

He also has looks and talent which are a massive pull for women. He has thousands of them paying to see him sing a few nights a week on average. 

He has over a billion youtube hits, over 100,000 followers, mostly women.

image.png.6d91a5ba5772966e2c52eb8c60d57f40.png 

Your point about using your money to get women is actually what he is mocking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I would never in a million years ridicule anyone's efforts to explore Thailand's rich music culture, but, good God man, that's a crappy song.

That is your opinion. But I dont think Youngohm has you in mind as his target audience.

It is very popular, there would not be a Thai under 35 who doesnt know him

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess you were confused before when you said you get sex for free because of how great you are in bed.  ????

That is what makes them return.

The game to get them there in the first place is a different game.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bassosa said:

You weren't "picking up girls". You were soliciting prostitution. Get it right.

No, I go to pubs and clubs with only Thais, not the seedy Farang/thai clubs.

A few reasons for this.

1. I am always the hansummest farang there. So any girl who wants to try one I am it.

2. makes me feel tall. 

3 No freelancer prostitutes. They wont wake up in the morning with their hand out for cash.

4 I avoid Thai women that have been soiled by other farangs previously. i prefer them fresh.

5 As the token farang i nearly always get free booze from the sharing thai males. 

6 Thai clubs are more fun

just my personal preferance. Works for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The only difference is that such a tasteless generalization would never be allowed in the West

Yes. Another reason why i like it here more.

None of the woke PC crap.

Smart people the Thais.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes. Another reason why i like it here more.

None of the woke PC crap.

Smart people the Thais.

Actually there is plenty of PC crap here, it just doesn't apply to foreigners. 

Try making a similar derogatory generalization about Thais on a Thai forum and the faux outrage will come thick and fast.

And every ounce of this bizarre, abnormal, gangster style behavior....from the twerking to the gold teeth.....was imported from the Sodom and Gomorrah of the world, the USA.  We used to be known for the Christian Missionaries that we sent to the world, but now the world is sending Missionaries to the US to turn us back to God and away from our lascivious lifestyles.

• Like 1

Thai women are a fraction of the cost of Western women, who are over priced, on every level. If I took a woman shopping for clothes, back in the US, and limited her to $400, she would call me cheap. No gratitude. Here, I give my gal 2,000 baht when in Bangkok, and she goes to the Pratunam area, and comes back with several lovely outfits. $1,000 worth of clothes in LA. All knockoffs, but who cares? 

And she is grateful. Big difference. We get suckered if we allow ourselves to get pulled into thay trap. Who makes the decisions? 

For single guys, 2500 baht for a couple of hours with a lovely, young gal here. In the US, $800 and up, and all kinds of silly rules and restrictions. Not much fun. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Goat said:

No, I go to pubs and clubs with only Thais, not the seedy Farang/thai clubs.

A few reasons for this.

1. I am always the hansummest farang there. So any girl who wants to try one I am it.

2. makes me feel tall. 

3 No freelancer prostitutes. They wont wake up in the morning with their hand out for cash.

4 I avoid Thai women that have been soiled by other farangs previously. i prefer them fresh.

5 As the token farang i nearly always get free booze from the sharing thai males. 

6 Thai clubs are more fun

just my personal preferance. Works for me.

You said you look like the atm guy. That is ugly.

42 minutes ago, Goat said:

That is your opinion. But I dont think Youngohm has you in mind as his target audience.

It is very popular, there would not be a Thai under 35 who doesnt know him

Will confess that I was not aware of his mass popularity, but proudly stick by my opinion that his music is entirely derivative of black rap music with very little home grown originality. He seems to be enjoying a wave of domestic popularity due to his overseas popularity and his overseas popularity seems to be driven by people congratulating themselves on having discovered the latest world beat groove. Seems like a serious hype and marketing promotion machine is driving much of this. More power to him, just not impressed.

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's neither how we are perceived note is it the reality.

Im might be in your world but but certainly not in mine 

As we make certain generalization about Thai, so they do about us, But neither is accurate. 

Have to disagree there Sirineou the head of Thailand's health minister called us dirty unwashed smelly Falangs who were not welcome in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Have to disagree there Sirineou the head of Thailand's health minister called us dirty unwashed smelly Falangs who were not welcome in Thailand.

Sirineou ??)

Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul doubled down on his discriminatory remark on Western tourists, saying that they are “dirty” and more likely to spread coronavirus than Asians.

13 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Undead he did,

But he is not Thailand . is he? He is a politician and would say anything for political advantage as politicians are known to do. 

In my country we had a politician that said about mexicans :

"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people”  "

I am sure most people don't believe that, which is part of the reason that this politician was voted out. 

Same here.

No Thai I know considers farangs to be " dirty unwashed smelly " though I am sure some of us fit that bill LOL,

I know my wife derives part of her standing in the community from the fact that she married to a farang. 

I don't think she would if the thought that she was married to a " dirty , unwashed and smelly" person. . I know many expats in my community and none of them fits that description.

I am sure Thais have eyes, ears and a nose.And when they observe farangs they don't see, smell ,or hear the above politicians hyperbole 

The only thing I take from that cacophony is that young Thais have no more taste, perhaps even less, than Western teens. That the singer is popular and wealthy is nice for him, but popularity and wealth do not necessary equate with talent. Kim Kardashian makes $50 million per year, but I have no clue what her talent is. I guess there is a market for whatever it is she does. Zeus bless her for finding a niche and exploiting it to the max. Same with this guy.

If there was a message in that drivel, I missed it, and I don't think it's something lost in translation. I'm thankful stuff like that isn't the soundtrack of my youth, the kind of thing which when played 20 years hence induces nostalgia.

As for the farang and the ATM, I think that's just filler where the director feigned something profound, when it's all just banal pabulum.

In case I'm not clear, no, that little ditty won't be on my playlist.

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, Goat said:

Quite an interesting rant.

But I must point out a few glaring errors.

His name is Youngohm. Not Somchai.

he is not YOUR Thai friend. He doesnt know your Thai friend. But I can guarentee you your thai freind knows Youngohm.

Youngohm was a USD millionaire at age 22.

Now at 24, with sell out concerts, numerous hit singles, sponsorships and stadium tours here in Thaiand and abroad he is a multi millionaire.

He also has looks and talent which are a massive pull for women. He has thousands of them paying to see him sing a few nights a week on average. 

He has over a billion youtube hits, over 100,000 followers, mostly women.

image.png.6d91a5ba5772966e2c52eb8c60d57f40.png 

Your point about using your money to get women is actually what he is mocking.

so ladies are attracted to him cos he has money.......incorrect?  or just his snappy attire?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, stoner said:

you misunderstand.

they pay for his dinner. they ask him out. they pay for the condoms and hotel. they pay for his taxi home after.... and disinfectant.

are you forgetting he is the goat ? 

All of those things have happened to me.  ☺️ Though I don’t know about disinfectant. 
That’s how I know he’s not really the G.O.A.T.

11 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Usually the men that come to Thailand specifically looking for women Freelance or otherwise.  Have nothing to offer Western women.  Because these women don’t want men that can barely support themselves. So these men downgrade Western women because they want nothing to do with them. 

Actually not particularly accurate. Most of the women I met likely had more money than I did. Money wasn’t ever a factor in my relationships and no girl ever suggested or asked me for anything. Therefore I certainly would not entertain such a thing in Thailand either. It’s outside my comfort zone. 
It’s not about the money in the west, at least in my experience. That’s just a gold digger angle. 
I think it’s more a lack of social skills and perhaps confidence. 
So they go to a place where they cannot fail…. they just have to pay. 
I don’t give money to women, unless it’s charity. It’s demeaning. 

Of course different if you are a family unit. But girlfriends…. No. If I’m with someone, it’s mutual or forget about it. 
If you use money to try to impress, then you are making a rod for your own back. 

Since this video depicts scenes that are supposedly admired by some segment of the Thai population, the foreigner ATM scene could also be interpreted as something admired, namely, making "easy" money from a foreigner. Whether to buy the latest i-phone, support mom and the kids, save for a new family home, or jackpot-get married, some in Thai society are comfotable with this line of work and the potential it offers. They just added the steroetypical foreigner to add some comedic flavor. 

• Haha 1

Foreigners like this who treat Thailand like a dingy brothel deserve to be screwed. It's pathetic how some men simply cannot see the difference between normal Thai women and Thai prostitutes/ bar girls.  We don't call prostitutes in Australia, Aussie women, we call them prostitutes. Why refer to Thai women when you're clearly talking about prostitutes and bar girls? Every country has easy girls you can pay for. Refer to them correctly instead of trashing and demeaning "Thai women".

• Like 2