Best ways to pull yourself out of a slump?

bob smith

20 hours ago, bogs smith said:

only thais around here mate.

think the 2 bottles of jack and a couple hookers wins out there!!!

The fixation with jack suggests that you have a jack problem.

You don't say where you live but just getting out for a coffee.

Taking a class any class.

Dating not bar dating with someone who can have an intelligent conversation 

Physical exercise of ANY sort is the only thing that works for me. If I spend too much time sitting in front of a screen doing the armchair warrior thing, then I get into too many stupid arguments with folks here (you and I have gone around a time or two) and, honestly, what the hell good does THAT do?

I was lucky enough to find a part time teaching gig, and this occupies just enough of my time and energy to keep me busy, as well as losing notches off my belt.

How many of us open up AN, or Facebook, or name-your-poison, time and time again to see if anything new or interesting has come up, or play the same boring video games over and over? My gig has me in a happy place - but I had to get off my butt and find it. It didn't find me!

What's that saying they use in Thailand? Oh yeah - up to you! Get busy living or . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Go fo itGirls, booze, drugs...live like a rock starThe more the merrier. Rock & Roll ????

My favorite rock stars were from Rush. When they finished a gig, they would go up to their respective hotel rooms and read a book.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Compared to a tuk tuk driver are you better off?

Good one. And much better off than that uber-rich German dude found quartered x 3 and stuffed in a freezer

It's all perspective. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Good one. And much better off than that uber-rich German dude found quartered x 3 and stuffed in a freezer

It's all perspective. 

It's what I do when feeling flat. Compare yourself to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Tramdol works well.  But after a while on it.  Trying to come off and you will feel the wrath of hell. Last resort and make sure you can keep being prescribed it in your home country.  Australia stopped pescribing tramadol in most cases. 

Only have it when going out, twice a week at most, never been prescribed it, buy OTC here.

• Love It 1

21 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Getting drunk and having unfulfilling sex with women who are repulsed by you is How you got into the rut in the first place, ya bozo ????????

Boomers gonna be boomers I guess. Full on hedonism mode 100% of the time.

It is very sad to see the United States flag corrupted by rainbow colors.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

so you prefer the neo nazi ones or Trump flag???  So much for freedom and human rights eh

You know the gun nuts and Muh Freedum!!!    just not got pride folks......I see

• Like 1

Well, at least the OP got a few people talking and, just maybe, gave him a few things to think about.

For me, I go cycling 4 times a week, forcing myself to get up early to beat the heat. The other 3 days I can sleep in so it feels more like a holiday/rest day.

When I read the title of the thread, the obvious answer was to go have good sex. Maybe the sex you are having now is not so good, and just habit.

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

so you prefer the neo nazi ones or Trump flag???  So much for freedom and human rights eh

You know the gun nuts and Muh Freedum!!!    just not got pride folks......I see

Perhaps a too aggressive statement about the flag.  Let me put it more gently.  It is getting to the point where an idea is being pushed on people too much,  much like when a religious or sales  person comes knocking on your door.  They should leave when told not interested in a polite manner.  Sometimes that happens but sometimes the religious person wont leave until you agree with all they have to offer. Be gay or straight or whatever you like but part of gender such as sexuality is a private matter and should be dealt with sensitively and not paraded or used to influence. Of course there are those that have more evil reactions. Sorry for that.  A part of humanity that is here to stay it seems. 

5 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Where do you see an american flag? Doesnt even look like it except from the stars on the corner. 

Just remember that you are in Thailand, a tropical place where Canadians want to go to escape the cold of Winter.

You could be in the Ukraine dodging Russian bullets. Just think positive thoughts, and lay off the booze.

My opinion, from Canada.

7 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Perhaps a too aggressive statement about the flag.  Let me put it more gently.  It is getting to the point where an idea is being pushed on people too much,  much like when a religious or sales  person comes knocking on your door.  They should leave when told not interested in a polite manner.  Sometimes that happens but sometimes the religious person wont leave until you agree with all they have to offer. Be gay or straight or whatever you like but part of gender such as sexuality is a private matter and should be dealt with sensitively and not paraded or used to influence. Of course there are those that have more evil reactions. Sorry for that.  A part of humanity that is here to stay it seems. 

Why am I reading this in a thread looking for advice in dealing with depression?

On 7/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, bob smith said:

only thais around here mate.

think the 2 bottles of jack and a couple hookers wins out there!!!

Baiting by boredom.

Poster has nothing better to do than whine about his lack of drive.

Two minutes of 'fame'.

On 7/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, bob smith said:

any ideas?

Just in case you're serious, or somebody is reading this thread who genuinely is in a situation resembling the story you are telling:

Go for a train ride, go paragliding/parasailing/sky diving/jet skiing, learn an instrument,  learn to cook, pursue a (sensible) business idea, get involved in some kind of charitable organisation,  take a bike trip, learn a martial art, learn a language [can you speak Thai? That'd seem a sensible place to start], start a project that requires building up over time... a train set or a garden or a collection of something or other.

Edited by JayClay

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

Why am I reading this in a thread looking for advice in dealing with depression?

Read all the messages and you will understand the flow. In short its a note to extinguish a misunderstanding from another poster. 

Edited by TimeMachine