Crackdown ordered on organised crime in Pattaya, stricter visa screening after Ralter Mack murder

webfact

They appear to have added more rooms to the Immigration Office and construction was going on for more space. 
Thailand makes a lot of money from its Immigration laws so it can’t start enforcing to many rules and regulations.

I have no idea who makes what when you have the ฿800000 in your account, it’s deposited and removed within minutes but immigration must be taking a big cut allegedly ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

So basically all people applying for retirement visas are going to have to go through additional BS just because of this scum? Yeah, makes sense to me.

Probably all will have to attend a full-body exam to determine whether they have tattoos, and how many, and all applicants will have to prove that they don't own a Harley Davidson... Just a Big Joke, for now, but who knows.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

9 hours ago, Caldera said:

They could start with introducing a criminal records check. Some of those retirees probably have criminal records as thick as a phone book back home, and filtering them out would be easy. I've never understood why this isn't a requirement for ALL longterm visas and extensions. 

Some people might not be able to get this in Thailand, so they would have to travel back home just for such a requirement.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Some people might not be able to get this in Thailand, so they would have to travel back home just for such a requirement.

On my request online to my E.U.country Justice department delivered it in to 3 weeks by mail on my Thai address .

While officially living in Thailand and registered with my address at my BKK embassy

So not impossible to get the needed if you are entitled to get one .....

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

Apparently it only applies to foreigners who ride Harleys.

So if you ride a "big" Kawasaki, Honda, Triumph, BMW, Suzuki or other "big bike" you should be OK to continue doing whatever as only Harley riders do bad things it seems.

It's hilarious. An element of the Big Bike community is doing a nazi-style "register or your extension will be denied " propaganda blitz, tell all foreign bikers to "register" their clubs with that organization (which is a civilian association and not a part of the police department).
And telling them if they don't register then the next time they go for an extension it will be denied.

Which smacks of BS as I'm pretty sure that would require a General Order/Law to be created, approved and posted in the Royal Gazette before they could just start denying Extensions of stay just because you have a "1%" patch on a vest.

Oh and of course, Thai members of clubs, even real "1%ers" are of course exempt. No need to register or anything. 

However, it seems a lot of them are starting to learn what the "1%" patch actually means. There are even members of the Bandidos who think it just means they are in the "top 1%" of all clubs in the country. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I renewed my Extension of Stay/‘Retirement Visa’ today, I always use an agent even though I have the money in the bank, too lazy, hate going to immigration and it’s the other side of the city.

It was a visit to agent office then the bank, rep from agent there as well who took my photo then I had to go to Jomtien and have some one take a photo outside the office showing me standing next to the immigration logo.
Lady in the agent office said more checks were in place now due to the murder of the German fella.

So at the end of the day, how much time did you save, for paying probably 10K extra?

When I do my extension, I make an online appointment, and pass the whole queue, and am let in on showing my appointment.

30 minutes later I'm outside again. Saved 10K baht at least

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have no idea who makes what when you have the ฿800000 in your account, it’s deposited and removed within minutes but immigration must be taking a big cut allegedly ?

The agent and the guy they pay off in immigration... possibly someone at the bank too. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

Leeches involved in corruption and law breaking. Why keep the money in Thailand or 65k a month, because they are the rules, if you don't want to keep within the law go home. Don't think it will go on for ever, people always seem to think just because they are getting away with it nothing will change.

It doesn't really change...... last time we did have 'change' it made things a bit more difficult and pushed people in the direction of using agents......

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Typical I am all right Jack, life is difficult enough for Thai people but you are only thinking of yourself.

thais never think of only themselves do they!!

ahahahahahaaaaaaaa

21 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Why don't they pass a law requiring a Police Clearance Certificate to be presented at check in before being allowed to board the flight.

Got criminal history no flight !!

How many countries in the world do you need a Police Clearance Check before going on holiday ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why not it’s their country, you don’t like how they think go home.

what kind of logic is this??

because its their country they are allowed to think about themsleves, but cos im a farang i am not??

honestly take a long hard look in the mirror. your statement is beyond silly.

• Like 1

How many countries in the world do you need a Police Clearance Check before going on holiday ?

The subject matter is Thailand not the whole world.

Required criminal checks would certainly aide in the "good guys in bad guys out" mantra that was touted a while back.

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

The subject matter is Thailand not the whole world.

Required criminal checks would certainly aide in the "good guys in bad guys out" mantra that was touted a while back.

Your advocating every one who comes to Thailand as a tourist should have a Police Clearance Check, I can’t see that doing much to boost tourism?

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

what kind of logic is this??

because its their country they are allowed to think about themsleves, but cos im a farang i am not??

honestly take a long hard look in the mirror. your statement is beyond silly.

Yawn, zzzz.

• Haha 1

Your advocating every one who comes to Thailand as a tourist should have a Police Clearance Check, I can’t see that doing much to boost tourism?

Will stop scumbags with criminal histories from entering though !!

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Will stop scumbags with criminal histories from entering though !!

And thousands of tourists, plenty of other places to visit in S.E. Asia where no Police checks required.

What do you class as a scumbag ?

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t go through life trying to save money all the time but anything that saves me the time travelling to and thro from Jomtien is fine by me, money well spent.

Well, that didn't work out well then obviously, so money wasted.

It was a visit to agent office then the bank, rep from agent there as well who took my photo then I had to go to Jomtien and have some one take a photo outside the office showing me standing next to the immigration logo.

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I also used the same agent to get me a Residence Letter

Since I have a yellow book and pink ID card, I never need them, so definite don't have to pay an agent for it.

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

and they do my 90 day reporting for free.

I do mine also for free from the convenience of home, takes me about 5 minutes, and no need to travel to the agent to hand in and pick up my passport

• Like 1