Free tenant leaves Khon Kaen house in shocking living conditions after two years

webfact

image.jpeg

Boat Land, a Facebook user, recently brought attention to the deplorable condition of one of his properties, which was occupied by a relative who lived on the premises rent-free for two years.

When the relative suddenly disappeared without any prior notice, it was discovered that she had left behind a room filled with rubbish. This shocking sight became evident only after she had moved out.

Boat Land said…

“My head hurts, how to take responsibility for such damage? She lived here for two years and never paid a single baht. And then she moves out, leaving problems in her wake. She never responded to my messages and simply disappeared without taking any responsibility.

“As soon as we ceased to be useful, she cut us out of her life. It’s not a nice feeling. The worst part is – this is our house. We bought everything in that room.

She lived here for free and still treated us like this. She’s gone mad. My little sister (the relative’s girlfriend) left on July 16. The next day, July 17, we found the room key hanging from a hook. We decided to clean the room and what we saw shook us to our core. How could anyone live with trash and the smell of decay?

by Samantha Rose

Photo courtesy of Sanook

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/free-tenant-leaves-khon-kaen-house-in-shocking-condition-after-two-years

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

As a landlord I use the Maintenance card to access and inspect my properties.  Especially after a month or two.  Sorry but if the house has little importance or value to you then others will certainly pick up on this and take advantage of you.  It is in the lease they are to maintain the property be keeping it clean.

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

If I was the owner of that house I would have added lots of sexually related paraphernalia to the picture that was posted online.

You know, some horse sized vibrating rubber toys, an industrial sized vat of KY jelly, etc.

Living up to your name Bert lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

If the guy is illegally entering someones domicile, without their consent or knowledge, it's deserved.

And if the tenant is wrecking the place, the owner should have the right to go in, assess the damage, get some money if possible, and kick the 'douche' out.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ravip said:

Most times we tend to help the less fortunate. But... most times it can backfire. This article is a good example. Sad, but a true fact. 

Yep, sad but true. Relative had a similar situation, they found the location of the girl (26 yo - never paid anything to use the room), they insisted she come to the room and they confronted her.

They asked her "Why didn't you do any clean up?" And the smell was aparently horrific.

Her response 'You're not fair, I'm busy, I don't have time for cleaning, I want to spend time with my friends".

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

And if the tenant is wrecking the place, the owner should have the right to go in, assess the damage, get some money if possible, and kick the 'douche' out.

And if the tenant is wrecking the place.

If the tenant is wrecking the place, the owner should be able to go in and inspect the place but only with the tenant present.

The poster stated 'As a landlord I use the Maintenance card to access and inspect my properties'.

The fact that he is using his maintenance card to access suggests that the tenant is in fact not present and therefore, most likely unaware.

Note that the poster did not mention any special circumstances for the illegal entry, just that he does this to inspect his properties.

If you were renting and your landlord searched your house without you being present and without your permission, would you just accept this?

I agree but this is not what the poster

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

The fact that he is using his maintenance card to access suggests that the tenant is in fact not present and therefore, most likely unaware.

Using the maintenance card means using the excuse of needed maintenance, so tenant will be present.

How many houses do you know that are accessible with a card?

Just now, BenStark said:

Using the maintenance card means using the excuse of needed maintenance, so tenant will be present.

How many houses do you know that are accessible with a card?

And that's not what was stated, He stated that he used the card to inspect the property.

If the tenant was present, why would he need to use the card?

• Thumbs Up 1

This is how a little child would behave. We see this quite often in Thailand, and it is always, always a young woman who is responsible. Actually, irresponsible is the correct word. Just more proof to me that many Thais have the mind of a child and simply cannot cope with responsibility. How difficult is it to throw their rubbish out. And we had a case recently, and it was another relative, who couldn't even cope with washing her dishes, putting dirty plates in cupboards until there were none left to use.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Thats disgusting. Does she like to sleep with ants and rats running around the bed. What a weirdo. 

all too common in Thailand

My Missus has some rental rooms, and I have witnessed nearly as bad as this after only 3 Months rental on several occasions

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

If I was the owner of that house I would have added lots of sexually related paraphernalia to the picture that was posted online.

You know, some horse sized vibrating rubber toys, an industrial sized vat of KY jelly, etc.

Yup.

Bert got kinky.????????

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

"No good deed goes unpunished" is the correct quote.

'Correct'?

How exactly do you know this? Who said it?

I think you mean that's the version you remember so it must be the 'officially true' one.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yep, sad but true. Relative had a similar situation, they found the location of the girl (26 yo - never paid anything to use the room), they insisted she come to the room and they confronted her.

They asked her "Why didn't you do any clean up?" And the smell was aparently horrific.

Her response 'You're not fair, I'm busy, I don't have time for cleaning, I want to spend time with my friends".

Can also be interpreted as "Not my job/Not my problam".????????

4 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

As a landlord I use the Maintenance card to access and inspect my properties. 

Are you stating that you let yourself into your tenants property without their permission?

You do realize that even though you are the owner, besides being a douche, you are breaking the law.

How so? It is his property and they are paying no rent.

If you feel so strongly, then you take them to court.

It is the owners business and not yours.