Bangchak petrol member card not for foreigners?

guru

I used to have a member card for Bangchak in the wife’s name but lost it.

Wife works so as I was refilling today at the petrol station we got it from, I asked for a replacement. Original Thai ID card required as expected. 

I asked for a new one in my name and presented my Thai driving license and pink ID card. The pump attendant took them to his manager in the kiosk but returned saying only for Thais. 

I thought I was offered one a while ago by a Bangchak attendant and was wondering if it was today’s petrol station manager being lazy or not up to date with the rules. It’s the massive station next to  Bangchak BTS in Bangkok

Anyone manage to get one in their name? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

What benefits does one get from being a member?

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

After spending a huge amount on fuel, you get a 100 baht discount ????

500 points....500 litres...gives you a 100 baht discount.......better than a kick up the you know what ????

I have one in my name but the GFs ID number lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

So basically 3 free litres after purchasing 500 litres. Since owning my car for over half a year, I don’t think I have put in 500 litres yet.

I'll use it for Inthanon coffee & treats.   Actually accumulates points faster, every 20 baht spent.   Half the 'soon to be' liter price.

If not @ MG, we top up @ PEA Volta, BangChaks if more convenient than PEA offices, depending what's near by.

16 hours ago, petermik said:

500 points....500 litres...gives you a 100 baht discount.......better than a kick up the you know what ????

I have one in my name but the GFs ID number lol

16 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I thought it was 1000 points to get 100 bt discount.

U thought wrong young man....

Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred...strong in the arm but confused in the head :cheesy:

:sorry:

Just got an sms from Bangchak with log in details for their phone app and successfully gained entry. 

The app is all in Thai so can’t read a word of it except my name at the top but ever so excited about the imminent arrival of my member card. 

Oh and the wife found her member card in the car yesterday so I didn’t have to do any of this. 

Edited by guru