Trump campaign slams ‘desperate and flailing’ new charges in classified documents case

Social Media

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No but also consider if convicted to a prison term because of practical issues about secret service protection, he won't be going to prison. It would be something like incarceration in his home. I think that's acceptable given his previous office, but I would hope they would impose prison style food on him just to be somewhat fair to all the other prisoners in the country.

That might be considered a cruel and unusual punishment. OTOH he does seem to eat a lot of junk food.

44 minutes ago, candide said:

And they are ready to believe anything...

“They’re not indicting me, they’re indicting you. I just happen to be standing in the way,” he told the arena crowd in Erie, adding that, “Every time the radical left Democrats, Marxists, communists and fascists indict me, I consider it actually a great badge of honor.... Because I’m being indicted for you.” ????

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-amid-legal-perils-calls-031346413.html

Here’s another doozie:

Poll: Trump voters say racism against white Americans is a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans.

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-trump-voters-racism-white-americans-problem-black-reparations-politics-090038973.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLm5sLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMrMwYvVkn0_LmDuOzVAU9YE1GEXihq1vwvdKi4y9H1IqeqCRqbZYoDTS9WDic_E_FnT9qgAmYJYZbuaxt4pkg6Yhuz1lAVKmnjkjSEgwBVew1aqWwUhb69jZ6KpsSWLqbtRdXLdfw6aFJ_yOtos-pR8GQ8sUbRY34MYZgw-PGWn

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. 

Again, the mind boggles.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Here’s another doozie:

Poll: Trump voters say racism against white Americans is a bigger problem than racism against Black Americans.

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-trump-voters-racism-white-americans-problem-black-reparations-politics-090038973.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLm5sLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMrMwYvVkn0_LmDuOzVAU9YE1GEXihq1vwvdKi4y9H1IqeqCRqbZYoDTS9WDic_E_FnT9qgAmYJYZbuaxt4pkg6Yhuz1lAVKmnjkjSEgwBVew1aqWwUhb69jZ6KpsSWLqbtRdXLdfw6aFJ_yOtos-pR8GQ8sUbRY34MYZgw-PGWn

Asked how much of a problem racism currently is, just 19% of Trump voters describe racism against Black Americans as a “big problem.” Twice as many (37%) say racism against white Americans is a big problem.

Trump voters and self-identified Republicans — overlapping but not identical cohorts — are the only demographic groups identified by Yahoo News and YouGov who are more likely to say racism against white Americans is a problem than to say the same about racism against Black Americans. 

Again, the mind boggles.

It demonstrates clearly the depth of systemic racism in America.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I very much agree. I want to also say when I think back to high school and college so much progress has been made. Those changes are a big part why I think the disgruntled, as a movement feel the threats progress has had made them left feeling victimized.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The Trump supporters infighting with the white nationalists and those opposed has already started.

Police stop pro-Trump groups from fighting each other at wild California GOP event

“Later, two pro-Trump factions began screaming at each other, with one accusing the other of being white nationalists and the other responding that their foes supported open borders... They started jostling with one another and nearly came to blows until other protesters stepped between the two groups.”

Apparently, the Trump backers outside the meeting were no angrier than were the supporters of his rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, inside the room.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/police-stop-pro-trump-groups-from-fighting-each-other-at-wild-california-gop-event/ar-AA1ex0AW

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I very much agree. I want to also say when I think back to high school and college so much progress has been made. Those changes are a big part why I think the disgruntled, as a movement feel the threats progress has had made them left feeling victimized.

A bit like they think there is racism against white people because it is not tolerated any more to be racist against black people.

'An extraordinary sum of money': Questions raised about millions spent on legal fees for Trump and close aides

Campaign finance expert Paul Seamus Ryan admitted there are no glaring "red flags" he can see so far, before stating, "It’s an extraordinary sum of money. At the end of the day it’s up to the donors to decide if that’s the way they want their money spent. My sense is if you’re giving money to Trump in 2023, you’re fine with it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-legal-bills-2662597202/

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

'An extraordinary sum of money': Questions raised about millions spent on legal fees for Trump and close aides

Campaign finance expert Paul Seamus Ryan admitted there are no glaring "red flags" he can see so far, before stating, "It’s an extraordinary sum of money. At the end of the day it’s up to the donors to decide if that’s the way they want their money spent. My sense is if you’re giving money to Trump in 2023, you’re fine with it.”

Trump and his PAC might be fine with it but I suggest Trump may be committing fraud here.

'Much of the money it is using to pay for legal bills was raised on false claims that the 2020 election was stolen'.

Trump pays millions in legal fees, aides allegedly asked about loyalty - The Washington Post (archive.md)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Trump and his PAC might be fine with it but I suggest Trump may be committing fraud here.

'Much of the money it is using to pay for legal bills was raised on false claims that the 2020 election was stolen'.

Trump pays millions in legal fees, aides allegedly asked about loyalty - The Washington Post (archive.md)

Indeed. The US SEC website used to have an article claiming the godfather of internet crime was a man who sold fake coconut plantations in the Bahamas to pensioners. He fled to the Philippines but was eventually apprehended, extradited and jailed in the US. I don't see a lot of difference here, frankly. I think Americans call it wire fraud.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

It is obvious that many many people just can not admit that they have been conned by possibly the biggest conman ever.  They no longer believe their own eyes and ears.  They can watch hour after hour of HD tape of trumpers storming the capital with bear spray, trump flags, MAGA hats chanting hang mike pence and beating the crap out of the cops who dared to try and stop them....and they believe  that it was just tourists that got a bit out of hand.  They applaud wildly when trump calls the rioters heros and promises them pardons if he gets reelected.

They can see and hear tape after tape of trump telling lie after lie after lie for over 6 years now and refuse to acknowledge a single one.  They can read page after page backed by hard core evidence of audios and videos and first hand testimony by republicans who were in on calls or in the room when trump broke a variety of laws and then tried to cover it up.  They can see the results of 60 court cases as well as investigation and recount after recount done by mostly republicans that found no evidence of significant voter fraud in 2020 and yet still cling to the big lie that the election was rigged.

I could go on and on but it is a waste of time.

It seems impossible for most of them or their egos to just admit that they got conned by the grifter.  It is really not a total shame as he is perhaps the greatest grifter ever.

Many still send him $$ of course forgetting that he bragged over and over and over that he was/is very very rich and did not need anyone's money.  It does seem that there are a few cult members who are now starting to stand up look into the mirror and admit that they were lied to by trump and his minions like Rudy.  Maybe just maybe someday more of the cult members will have the courage to just admit they made a mistake and move on.  One can only hope.

I listened to Haley interviewed on Face the Nation. She is copying Trump scammin herself on both sides of the fence at once. Like Sununu points out his opponents need to stand out somehow and to forget convincing a Trump supporter's mind as they already are in his corner.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/30/republican-criticizes-trump-2024-campaign

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Surely you are not talking about  this guy.  :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Georgia voting systems breach a 'top-down push by Trump’s team'

Just landed back in DC with the Mayor huge things starting to come together!" That was followed by, "Most immediately, we were just granted access – by written invitation! – to Coffee County's systems. Yay!"

https://www.rawstory.com/georgia-voting-systems-breach-a-top-down-push-by-trumps-team-report-2663573230/

3 hours ago, candide said:

Tu quoque, Meadows mi! Eh eh!

Meadows told special counsel he could not recall Trump ever declassifying Mar-a-Lago docs: Sources

https://news.yahoo.com/gma/meadows-told-special-counsel-could-124511661.html

and another one....lol

Pence says he wasn't "made aware" of Trump's efforts to declassify documents

Former Vice President Mike Pence said Sunday he was not made aware of any efforts by former President Donald Trump to declassify documents.

Why it matters: Pence's statement is at odds with Trump's insistence he did nothing wrong by keeping the materials at Mar-a-Lago.

Pence's comment came hours after ABC News reported that Mark Meadows, Trump's former chief of staff, allegedly told investigators from special counsel Jack Smith's office that he couldn't recall Trump declassifying large groups of materials or a standing order allowing the then-president to do so. Axios has not yet verified ABC News' reporting on Meadows.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/20/trump-classified-documents-mike-pence

• Like 2

Who said its not a cult, MAGA believe Trump more than their own family....lol

CBS News poll finds Trump's big lead grows, as GOP voters dismiss indictments

More generally, Trump's voters hold him as a source of true information, even more so than other sources, including conservative media figures, religious leaders, and even their own friends and family.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-poll-indictments-2023-08-20/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who said its not a cult, MAGA believe Trump more than their own family....lol

CBS News poll finds Trump's big lead grows, as GOP voters dismiss indictments

More generally, Trump's voters hold him as a source of true information, even more so than other sources, including conservative media figures, religious leaders, and even their own friends and family.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-poll-indictments-2023-08-20/

All but a guarantee Trump will go against Biden. Even if Biden's approval is at less than the current 43% Trump has 53% of American not ever going to vote him in again. Go figure why Republicans will give this election away?

You all Trump supporters must be feeling pretty bruised by now, what with all the lying coming from his insiders.

A witness in the criminal case against Donald Trump over the hoarding of classified documents retracted “prior false testimony” after switching lawyers last month and provided new information that implicated the former president, the Justice Department said Tuesday.

The statements from the witness, a Trump staffer identified in court papers as the director of information technology at Mar-a-Lago, was presented to prosecutors weeks before special counsel Jack Smith secured an updated indictment accusing Trump and two others in a plot to delete surveillance video at the Florida property.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-maralago-justice-department-classified-documents-f3f498ed952e50a33c7c68e2fb1936e9