If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

On 7/28/2023 at 8:22 PM, sidjameson said:

A perennial favourite topic. 

I'm 55. If I were single I know I should aim for a compatible 40 year old. I fear id be aiming for the nearest to the hottest 25 year old I could find.

nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

All this was at my age 70. I like the lyric from "Nobody Does It Better"

I wasn't lookin' but somehow you found me

At the time I was somewhat looking but she was more looking. We had known each other off and on as friend-of-friend for 5 years.

We then went on a couple of lunches just by ourselves. We were going to do 'just lunch' once again but I said: They are doing a major electric utility job and I won't have daytime power in my house for 2 days in June. I said I am going to stay in a hotel. She said:

"Would you like me to stay with you?"

And it was downhill from there.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, NextG said:

Of course there is… if she’s not attracted to him for anything other than money. 

Why would that be a problem?

Does it really matter if a woman is attracted to you because you are tall or have these wonderful blue eyes or you are a celebrity or have money?

If she is attached to you and if she makes you happy then all is good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would that be a problem?

Does it really matter if a woman is attracted to you because you are tall or have these wonderful blue eyes or you are a celebrity or have money?

If she is attached to you and if she makes you happy then all is good.

Not my business…

Im 70 Y.  Ive done the 20-30-40 year gals and don't want anything to do with them.  Most are “bling” chics with no idea how to strum the fiddle or enjoy the finer things in life.  If they need to play on their phone when we are on an outing, then they don't have an interest in me.  

Most 45 and up are serious and are trying to make up for lost time.  Usually earning salaries under 10K THB month.  I will hire a gal for a year and pay her salary for two years, plus take her places and do things she never could have.  But very upfront there will be no marriage because it is a one way religious and political trap.  Never could pick up a gal and dump her.  Just not right.    Even the crazy wicked ones Id pay their salary two years and show them the door.

Never hit or beat a gal.. Treat them right.  But steal, lie or screw around and they are out the door.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NORDO said:

Im 70 Y.  Ive done the 20-30-40 year gals and don't want anything to do with them.  Most are “bling” chics with no idea how to strum the fiddle or enjoy the finer things in life.  If they need to play on their phone when we are on an outing, then they don't have an interest in me.  

Most 45 and up are serious and are trying to make up for lost time.  Usually earning salaries under 10K THB month.  I will hire a gal for a year and pay her salary for two years, plus take her places and do things she never could have.  But very upfront there will be no marriage because it is a one way religious and political trap.  Never could pick up a gal and dump her.  Just not right.    Even the crazy wicked ones Id pay their salary two years and show them the door.

Never hit or beat a gal.. Treat them right.  But steal, lie or screw around and they are out the door.

This thread is supposed to be about relationships.

It seems you hire someone to do a job - maybe taking care of you.

If you tell them up front it is a job for a year, then it's not a relationship.

Obviously, you can do that. But it's a different topic to what this thread is about. 

IMHO with a relationship you start a relationship. And maybe you are pretty sure it won't be forever. But you don't have a clear date in mind or agreed when it will end (except maybe when you are here on holiday).

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I love that song. Watching James Bond with my first girlfriend.

I still somehow wouldn't really appreciate if my gf told me "Nobody does it half as good as you."

While we are being picky. This famous model pictured in the thread looks a little trans in this image, in my opinion.   But she is not.

https://i.insider.com/5be5e6e748eb1257955951a9?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Edited by thailandsgreat

On 7/28/2023 at 10:58 PM, KhunLA said:

At 67 now, I don't think I'd be looking for another relationship, and simply enjoy being single again.

No sense in starting something that won't last that long.  I'm on borrowed time already.

Wide variety in personal outlook. For some, including myself when I first arrived ... rent all from now on. Housing? Transport? Ha! Even the food we are just "renting ... so to speak). Female company? So much for the grand plan. I found after experiencing with different scenarios, that I wanted to have a female to share my life. While you might observe that at age 64 1/2 and after having 5 by-passes that it would be a good move for health reasons ... that was not my primary concern. The girl I was with was still with me when I had a heart attack in 2015. Still, conditions were such that I chose to no longer share my life with her. By 2017 my Wife and I found each other and could not be happier (not entirely true if anyone want to "Will" me about 400K USD, you could say you personally created a millionaire!).

On 7/29/2023 at 12:31 AM, Jacques Clouseau said:

That comment was fxcked up, bro.

Ha! Yes, well here is the thing ... up until I reached the age of 26 ... Michael Douglas and I could have said the same thing.

• Like 1

When I first got to Thailand back in the last century, I was advised by an old hand that when I wanted to settle down I should do the following. 

He said, " Go up country. Take a bus out to the end of line. Take a van out to where the paved road ends. Take a motorcycle taxi out as far as he'll go. Then take a pair of flip flops, tie them together and hang around your neck and start walking. Consider marrying the first girl who asks you, "What's that you got hanging around your neck?"

So I tried that. It worked! She's 25 years younger than I am and is happily looking towards taking care of me when I'm super old.

So just the other day I was telling this story to our children. They busted out laughing. 

When I asked what was so funny they said,"Mom tells the same story, but in her version, she was home from her job in Bangkok and saw a middle age overweight forang walking down a paddy dike with a pair of flip flops hanging around his neck.  

She asked you why you had flip flops hanging around your neck.

Because most of the forangs did it with high heels.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I still somehow wouldn't really appreciate if my gf told me "Nobody does it half as good as you."

While we are being picky. This famous model pictured in the thread looks a little trans in this image, in my opinion.   But she is not.

https://i.insider.com/5be5e6e748eb1257955951a9?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Does what?

Ms. Lima looks a little less transy in this one:

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Love It 1

Met my non legally married wife 7 year ago. She sucked me into a relationship.  We did it like rabbits 3 times a day for the first 4 months.  Than it slowly decrease to maybe 4 times a year after 7 years. She sucks, but not in the good way as before. She is 52 me 64. 

She doesn't cook or clean. Has a small shop that takes care of her family expense. 

So to answer the question 20 to 30 is my answer.  I might as well be having the time of my life than coasting to my last days. 

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That may be one tiny aspect of this.

Not "tiny"  neither "maybe." And on the average Hollywood tends to employ more gorgeous women than in foreign films, (or having maids/secretaries living in  sumptuous quarters or having soldiers on the front wearing uniforms freshly dry-cleaned.) But I don't want to hijack this thread so shall stop here.

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

At that time my Englich was really bad, I didn't listen to the lyrics.

And I am pretty sure her English wasn't any better. ???? 

Looking back at the original question: "If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?" 20 years ago I would have answered: 15 years difference.

And now, 20 years older, I would answer: 35 years difference.

Or in other words: Personally, I think the important part is her age, and not the age difference.

• Haha 1

At 69 years old, I am not looking for a new relation now.
But when I will be too old to take care of myself, I will look for a young girl in the 20 - 25 years range and marry her to screw the pension funds.
I will have fun to see the pension funds paying every month to her $$$$$.

Edited by Confuscious
enter unexpected
  • Haha 1

I guess everyone would say a 42 age gap is probably too much. Well I’m 79 and have lived here for 13 years and am doing just exactly what I want to do because I can. I’m certainly not naive and have no delusions. However, I’m not looking for love but compatibility and fun. Most comments are just focused on numbers. Not unimportant but as they say, different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some guys look in the mirror and think about what they can possibly get. And then, when any woman is interested, they go for it - her.

Other guys don't think too much. They just look for the hottest girls and try to get one. And maybe they do get one.

Why think too much?

Fair enough I suppose. Good to go for gold. As long as they don't think, because they can stay with a poor Issan bar girl for 2000 a pop, that that bears a relation to their chances with a normal healthy financially independent young lady such as those that are posted. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

3 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Met my non legally married wife 7 year ago. She sucked me into a relationship.  We did it like rabbits 3 times a day for the first 4 months.  Than it slowly decrease to maybe 4 times a year after 7 years. She sucks, but not in the good way as before. She is 52 me 64. 

She doesn't cook or clean. Has a small shop that takes care of her family expense. 

So to answer the question 20 to 30 is my answer.  I might as well be having the time of my life than coasting to my last days. 

Anyone listening to their wives and what they want in life? Give and take as well being a little bit more adventurous and evolve together as well. Falling in to routines is for many dead end, and most women need a little bit more than suck D and bom bom to turn them on! 

27 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Fair enough I suppose. Good to go for gold. As long as they don't think, because they can stay with a poor Issan bar girl for 2000 a pop, that that bears a relation to their chances with a normal healthy financially independent young lady such as those that are posted. 

Here is a hint: Most guys don't care how much money their gf/wife makes. It is irrelevant - not just in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Here is a hint: Most guys don't care how much money their gf/wife makes. It is irrelevant - not just in Thailand.

A man should be the main caretaker financially, at least a man with respect for himself! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Most of those sort of woman don't have sex much and are too busy working and climbing the corporate ladder.

• Like 1

Am i in the minority who have a partner older than he?

We met when i was in the late 20s and she was early 30s, roughly 6 years older than me. We have been together almost 8 years and happy.

Edited by buddyy