If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

When I first got to Thailand back in the last century, I was advised by an old hand that when I wanted to settle down I should do the following. 

He said, " Go up country. Take a bus out to the end of line. Take a van out to where the paved road ends. Take a motorcycle taxi out as far as he'll go. Then take a pair of flip flops, tie them together and hang around your neck and start walking. Consider marrying the first girl who asks you, "What's that you got hanging around your neck?"

So I tried that. It worked! She's 25 years younger than I am and is happily looking towards taking care of me when I'm super old.

So just the other day I was telling this story to our children. They busted out laughing. 

When I asked what was so funny they said,"Mom tells the same story, but in her version, she was home from her job in Bangkok and saw a middle age overweight forang walking down a paddy dike with a pair of flip flops hanging around his neck.  

She asked you why you had flip flops hanging around your neck.

Because most of the forangs did it with high heels.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I still somehow wouldn't really appreciate if my gf told me "Nobody does it half as good as you."

While we are being picky. This famous model pictured in the thread looks a little trans in this image, in my opinion.   But she is not.

https://i.insider.com/5be5e6e748eb1257955951a9?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Does what?

Ms. Lima looks a little less transy in this one:

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Love It 1

Met my non legally married wife 7 year ago. She sucked me into a relationship.  We did it like rabbits 3 times a day for the first 4 months.  Than it slowly decrease to maybe 4 times a year after 7 years. She sucks, but not in the good way as before. She is 52 me 64. 

She doesn't cook or clean. Has a small shop that takes care of her family expense. 

So to answer the question 20 to 30 is my answer.  I might as well be having the time of my life than coasting to my last days. 

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That may be one tiny aspect of this.

Not "tiny"  neither "maybe." And on the average Hollywood tends to employ more gorgeous women than in foreign films, (or having maids/secretaries living in  sumptuous quarters or having soldiers on the front wearing uniforms freshly dry-cleaned.) But I don't want to hijack this thread so shall stop here.

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

I still somehow wouldn't really appreciate if my gf told me "Nobody does it half as good as you."

At that time my Englich was really bad, I didn't listen to the lyrics.

And I am pretty sure her English wasn't any better. ???? 

Looking back at the original question: "If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?" 20 years ago I would have answered: 15 years difference.

And now, 20 years older, I would answer: 35 years difference.

Or in other words: Personally, I think the important part is her age, and not the age difference.

• Haha 1

At 69 years old, I am not looking for a new relation now.
But when I will be too old to take care of myself, I will look for a young girl in the 20 - 25 years range and marry her to screw the pension funds.
I will have fun to see the pension funds paying every month to her $$$$$.

Edited by Confuscious
enter unexpected
  • Haha 1

I guess everyone would say a 42 age gap is probably too much. Well I’m 79 and have lived here for 13 years and am doing just exactly what I want to do because I can. I’m certainly not naive and have no delusions. However, I’m not looking for love but compatibility and fun. Most comments are just focused on numbers. Not unimportant but as they say, different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some guys look in the mirror and think about what they can possibly get. And then, when any woman is interested, they go for it - her.

Other guys don't think too much. They just look for the hottest girls and try to get one. And maybe they do get one.

Why think too much?

Fair enough I suppose. Good to go for gold. As long as they don't think, because they can stay with a poor Issan bar girl for 2000 a pop, that that bears a relation to their chances with a normal healthy financially independent young lady such as those that are posted. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

3 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Met my non legally married wife 7 year ago. She sucked me into a relationship.  We did it like rabbits 3 times a day for the first 4 months.  Than it slowly decrease to maybe 4 times a year after 7 years. She sucks, but not in the good way as before. She is 52 me 64. 

She doesn't cook or clean. Has a small shop that takes care of her family expense. 

So to answer the question 20 to 30 is my answer.  I might as well be having the time of my life than coasting to my last days. 

Anyone listening to their wives and what they want in life? Give and take as well being a little bit more adventurous and evolve together as well. Falling in to routines is for many dead end, and most women need a little bit more than suck D and bom bom to turn them on! 

27 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Fair enough I suppose. Good to go for gold. As long as they don't think, because they can stay with a poor Issan bar girl for 2000 a pop, that that bears a relation to their chances with a normal healthy financially independent young lady such as those that are posted. 

Here is a hint: Most guys don't care how much money their gf/wife makes. It is irrelevant - not just in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Here is a hint: Most guys don't care how much money their gf/wife makes. It is irrelevant - not just in Thailand.

A man should be the main caretaker financially, at least a man with respect for himself! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Most of those sort of woman don't have sex much and are too busy working and climbing the corporate ladder.

• Like 1

Am i in the minority who have a partner older than he?

We met when i was in the late 20s and she was early 30s, roughly 6 years older than me. We have been together almost 8 years and happy.

Edited by buddyy

4 minutes ago, Petethefeet said:

Is this question directed at men or women? 

What doyou believe a young thai girl around 20 would said? 

A k pop star around her own age would have been odeal, but if nobody else, then a 100kg 55+ white foreigner would do for her?

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

A man should be the main caretaker financially, at least a man with respect for himself! 

This is nonsense. What happens if your partner is more wealthy(financially) than yourself? Would you accept to share costs or insist on paying for everything even if she has more than enough for the both of you? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NextG said:

This is nonsense. What happens if your partner is more wealthy(financially) than yourself? Would you accept to share costs or insist on paying for everything even if she has more than enough for the both of you? 

What is the percentage of the members here who is together or married with a lady who have bigger fortune than them, or make more money than themselves? Except those who invested everything in the wife name? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

If you living with one lady who made 15k - 30k a month, would you ask her to share the expenses? 

You live in Thailand and bring your western standards? Ironic

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

What is the percentage of the members here who is together or married with a lady who have bigger fortune than them, or make more money than themselves? Except those who invested everything in the wife name? 

What has percentage to do with it? You made a blanket statement. Read it again to see if you can modify your statement with percentages. 

Just now, Hummin said:

If you living with one lady who made 15k - 30k a month, would you ask her to share the expenses? 

Is this what you meant when you made your blanket statement? The answer is; if I only ‘made 15k - 30k per month’, perhaps… and why not Mr Macho Man? ????

16 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is this what you meant when you made your blanket statement? The answer is; if I only ‘made 15k - 30k per month’, perhaps… and why not Mr Macho Man? ????

You as me understand what it takes to be a man in Thailand, it comes with responsibility, but also pride. If that is Macho, just be it! 

My wife care for me, I care for her. It is quite easy, but everything I transfer, she control 100%, and that is called trust. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You live in Thailand and bring your western standards? Ironic

Nice try at an edit, but just as bad. 
My relationships have not ever been financially based. You only know one way and think you know it best. 
Most of my partners have had more than me. I don’t care how much they have. We either like each other or we do not. 
Thai women can be happy to share/pay… perhaps just not yours. I’ve been followed home and showered with gifts here in Thailand. Hadn’t spoken nor set eyes on the girl prior. If someone likes you, it’s not about the money. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You as me understand what it takes to be a man in Thailand, it comes with responsibility, but also pride. If that is Macho, just be it! 

My wife care for me, I care for her. It is quite easy, but everything I transfer, she control 100%, and that is called trust. 

For me it’s the same everywhere. Thailand is no different. But I would choose what fits with me. I have offers from Thai women. But from me, it’s been a no. I forge my own path. That’s a man. It’s not about money. It’s about being the captain of your ship. If you think handing a woman all your money is that, then that is the path you have chosen. No dishonour in that. Trust is essential. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Nice try at an edit, but just as bad. 
My relationships have not ever been financially based. You only know one way and think you know it best. 
Most of my partners have had more than me. I don’t care how much they have. We either like each other or we do not. 
Thai women can be happy to share/pay… perhaps just not yours. I’ve been followed home and showered with gifts here in Thailand. Hadn’t spoken nor set eyes on the girl prior. If someone likes you, it’s not about the money. 

As you talking short term obviously, and nice try to put another light to the topic. 

Man is the provider, and the woman is the caretaker from nature, unless you live in an relationship where you both happy just to have someone who wants to live with you. Mutual understanding, interests, roles and responsibilities is important for two people to manage a long term life together and also to cultivate feelings over long term as well.

Im quite sure you understand wat I ment, no need to start degrading people you never met, or know nothing about. 

My edit was from before I read your reply, so take it easy there.

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

For me it’s the same everywhere. Thailand is no different. But I would choose what fits with me. I have offers from Thai women. But from me, it’s been a no. I forge my own path. That’s a man. It’s not about money. It’s about being the captain of your ship. If you think handing a woman all your money is that, then that is the path you have chosen. No dishonour in that. Trust is essential. 

Good for you found your way! 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

As you talking short term obviously, and nice try to put another light to the topic. 

Man is the provider, and the woman is the caretaker from nature, unless you live in an relationship where you both happy just to have someone who wants to live with you. Mutual understanding, interests, roles and responsibilities is important for two people to manage a long term life together and also to cultivate feelings over long term as well.

Im quite sure you understand wat I ment, no need to start degrading people you never met, or know nothing about. 

Now you are trying to tell me that I meant ‘short term’. Do you see what I meant by you thinking you know it better?

NONE of my relationships have been financially based. That is my choice. If a woman doesn’t offer to pay by the third date and I know that she has the means to do so, that will be the last time we go out together. That’s my choice. 
If you want to keep putting your hand in your pocket, that’s your choice. 
I get to see a different side of life than you. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

From nature? Which nature? In some species the woman is bigger than the male. Some will even kill the males after mating. In humans we have matriarchal society. In big cats the lionesses do the hunting. 
I know what you meant, but it doesn’t mean that I agree with you or that you are right. I’m certainly not deriding you. If you are a good person then good should befall you.