Anutin Pilots Plane to Deliver Heart Transplant Team

webfact

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

It looks like s single engine turbo prop which might require a type rating and probably the equivalent of a commercial pilot certificate.  This could be like saying John Travolta piloted a B727 in his time.  The truth might be an experienced commercial pilot was the PIC (Pilot in Command) with a co-pilot?  Co-pilot could mean someone who has very limited experience. 

Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper.

Why a commercial PL? This is a non profit flight right 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mania said:

A commercial license has not just type of flight but all to do with ratings for type of plane your flying & how your flying it...meaning visual flight references or instrument flight etc etc

If you are rated to fly single-engine land airplanes, you can fly any of them, so long as they are less than 12,500 pounds and not turbine-powered.

Although it is possible to get  correct training and certifications for all types of add-ons

I was the first on scene of an aircraft crash.  A C421 went off the takeoff end of the runway and both the pilot and passenger died.  The aircraft never got airborne and i noticed the control lock on the yoke had never been removed.  The private pilot had recently purchased the airplane.  It was one of the quickest NTSB investigation on record.  

I doubt a Commercially rated pilot would have missed this item on the preflight checklist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Villapete said:

It would appear that what most Thai people think, feel, want or desire in this sphere is irrelevant and will probably remain so for some time to come unfortunately.

Four years or less - this’d all the time the old boys have left.

Next election, it’s all over for them.

Thanathorn or Pita will be PM.

Thaksin will be lucky to win 30 seats.

It is already game, set and match.

Time to wheel the fat lady out and let her sing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

He's been a pilot for decades, and has been providing emergency air transport for organ transplants for a while.

from 2014

High-flying Anutin delivers with heart - quite literally

https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/30250143

A private jet. You know, one of those planes with the whirly thing on the front. ????

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin has been piloting private planes to support medical teams in transporting organs across the country since 2014, in what he calls the "Operation Heart On Wings." This vital mission has facilitated numerous life-saving organ transplants when commercial flights or other means of transport were not feasible.

For once I'll tip my hat to him... should stay out of politics though.