Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

Danderman123

14 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What’s John Lennon got to do with bars in Pattaya ?

If you would imagine all  those AFL, NRL fans in the sports bars watching finals action yesterday have a 'device' at home, anything is possible.  Best  you get out more Jumbo(48) while your still young! 😂lol.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Any first hand views on how the Las Vegas Beer Bar Complex is doing now it's been up and running a few months ? 

Or the Night Myth Complex, Nick Deans 4 bars on Soi 7, it would need a few hundred customers to turn a profit in those places.

• Agree 1

Was in a fairly large soi bukhao bar yesterday afternoon and waitress asked for my name and mobile number to put on my bill. I refused as none of their business.

She told me her boss make her do it as "people move around and walk out without paying". I paid up and left and probably won't be back.

Not a good sign of how things are going?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Was in a fairly large soi bukhao bar yesterday afternoon and waitress asked for my name and mobile number to put on my bill. I refused as none of their business.

She told me her boss make her do it as "people move around and walk out without paying". I paid up and left and probably won't be back.

I should think just that one bar, and I agree with your reaction.

However, one could always just give a name and number - doesn't have to be accurate.

When the owner realises that, I imagine he'll drop the idea.

As an aside, the waitresses in the Sports Hub on Soi Bukau were asking for customer's names to write on bills back in March this year. They were then confirming when you asked for the bill to pay. That particular bar was crowded and is, IMO, very well run.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VBF said:

As an aside, the waitresses in the Sports Hub on Soi Bukau were asking for customer's names to write on bills back in March this year. They were then confirming when you asked for the bill to pay. That particular bar was crowded and is, IMO, very well run.

I don't understand what the point of this would be? They ask my name and I say Tom, Dick or Harry. The bill is in my check-bin in front of me so when I go to pay what does quoting the name I gave them prove?

Are they thinking people are trying to pay other people's check-bins which may be less than theirs so you have to prove it's your bill?

I really don't understand and it's just not in the spirit of Pattaya 😆 

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I don't understand what the point of this would be? They ask my name and I say Tom, Dick or Harry. The bill is in my check-bin in front of me so when I go to pay what does quoting the name I gave them prove?

Are they thinking people are trying to pay other people's check-bins which may be less than theirs so you have to prove it's your bill?

I was in Windmill and someone switched my bill, so maybe people are going around different bars switching bills or just walking out

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I was in Windmill and someone switched my bill, so maybe people are going around different bars switching bills or just walking out

Thanks for heads up. I'm taking note now as I often drink alone and leave my bill unattended when I take a piss. I'll check it everytime I come back now as this might be the latest scam (drink a load, swap bills, quickly pay lower bill and sneak out)

Explains why they ask for name to try and prevent it

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, Olmate said:

That end of that Soi is little India, I used to live@ NovaPark, Jamiesons Pub, boring as it was... 

I heard that Kim has a new bar now, is it still trading.? Can't remember ever going to Jamesons.

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

This particular bar writes the name you give on the checkbin and as you order more, staple additional bins to it, so that at the end all your bills are attached with your name on it. Then when totalled up she asks you to confirm the name when presenting it to you for payment.

I get your points but I'm supposing it's just a cross-check for the staff when the bar's busy, or you stay across shifts.

As for your "spirit of Pattaya" comment, that I do not get but given the emoji, am assuming a joke.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

As for your "spirit of Pattaya" comment, that I do not get but given the emoji, am assuming a joke.

One of the best things I like about Pattaya is the check-bin honesty system. I was just meaning it's sad that this honesty system is at risk because of a few

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

They also removed all the food stalls in front of Climax, presumably they would impact on new sports bar food sales

Presume you missed this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saintdomingo said:

I heard that Kim has a new bar now, is it still trading.? Can't remember ever going to Jamesons.

Kim NFI!... Jamiesons deadordinary english pub pretender, Chinese  rest. attached, soso🥺 Tits.n.Beer opened.during/aftercovid, havent.been.back.there.

Edited by Olmate
Add
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Kim NFI!... Jamiesons deadordinary english pub pretender, Chinese  rest. attached, soso🥺 Tits.n.Beer opened.during/aftercovid, havent.been.back.there.

I guess you mean Jameson's bar.

For some reason I get always post from him on FB, but he is always posting pictures from an empty bar and restaurant.

image.png.605f9e80b071a8e72119e26dcdae537a.pngimage.png.749ee50cdbdd8acc90fdf59882070461.png

4 hours ago, topt said:

Presume you missed this 

No I didn't. I don't normally read the news section but in that thread they were claiming Climax night club got rid of the food stalls because they could.

As per this bar deathwatch thread, I said Climax is now dead and replaced by KingKong Sportsbar. I added this now makes more sense why they removed the food stalls as they are competition to new bar food sales (not as reported Climax is just being a bitch)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

You did right...... no telling what happens with personal information. Same applies with say Line account.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i have too but not recently, maybe they stopped doing it

Yeah I remember initialing each tab in a couple of places, to verify I had made the order I expect. At the price they charge a few runners and disputes to be expected. I just put my tabs into the smoker's cup nearby! 

10 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I guess you mean Jameson's bar.

For some reason I get always post from him on FB, but he is always posting pictures from an empty bar and restaurant.

image.png.605f9e80b071a8e72119e26dcdae537a.pngimage.png.749ee50cdbdd8acc90fdf59882070461.png

Thats the spot Callum, never seen it busy either! 

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The Cave is for sale!

Another bar that never seemed to have any customers! I've looked in a couple of times and seen no reason to stay.

There are so many bars in that area that unless the town is teeming with visitors, just don't have an edge to hold customers.

I've visited loads of them had one drink and got bored so left.

Another one in LK is Shaggers - gets a good write-up on here, but every time I've passed it, just a few bored-looking women outside staring at their phones.

OTOH, Time Bar, with its attractive prices, is usually so full that it's hard to get a seat - the women there are out in the street waylaying guys to come in, and when you do, actually make the effort to talk to customers.