Despite Being Blasted, Chuwit Insists Thaksin Not Returning On Aug. 10

webfact

There does seem to be a very strong stench of obsession of anything regarding Thaksin in the air, certainly amongst particular circles. 

Best to be indifferent to such pointed notions, as it's all rather moot.

Just another distraction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi guys

It would appear that all the political parties have missed the opportunity of forming a democratic government, whether it be good or bad.

That would take the country out of the  clutches of the military for the time being.

Then there would be another opportunity for another election without the interference of the military.

Unfortunately Thais are thier own worst enemies by failing to understand politics and thinking of the country as a whole instead of themselves. The upper crust control the money and that won't change.

Happy days windas

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Bearing in mind the individuals involved, I can see some double crossing. Here are 2 possibilities.

1.   They promise to pardon him then leave him locked up for years on technicalities.

2.  They pardon him and then he reneges on his promise to back the Army when released.

Many other possibilities for a stitch up on either side. Oh what a tangled web we weave...

However

1. It's not them who have the power to pardon Thaksin, It's "him". I don't see why a promise would be made and not kept.

2. If Thaksin made a promise in exchange, I also don't see Thaksin taking the risk of reneging on a promise made to "him".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windas said:

Hi guys

It would appear that all the political parties have missed the opportunity of forming a democratic government, whether it be good or bad.

That would take the country out of the  clutches of the military for the time being.

Then there would be another opportunity for another election without the interference of the military.

Unfortunately Thais are thier own worst enemies by failing to understand politics and thinking of the country as a whole instead of themselves. The upper crust control the money and that won't change.

Happy days windas

You're just assuming that such acts will provide a fanciful conduit of removing power/control/influence by way of the military. 

You might be alerted and remember who controls the military order. 

• Like 2

This has gone round in circles for decades or many years.he escaped along with the sister too.Neither will return to thailand unless they is no goal time at all.No matter what the press or people say this is the only way he will or both will return

3 hours ago, geisha said:

Agree with every word..Îwas in Phuket during the Bird Flu.Thaksin arranged a,platform on Bangla road, every hotel and restaurant took part opening stands, and cooking free chicken dishes for everyone ! I saw the hundreds of Thais who came from the country side to have the free chicken, and to see their leader. He gave a very good speech and shook hands with all and everyone. I saw him a second time on the beach in Patong just after the tsunami ruined all the local Thai peoples lives. Again, he was so kind and partaking in their grief. 
Any choice, I’d take him any day over the lying cheating robbing gang there now.

You're easily hoodwinked.

But I do agre the lot right now are a total failure and have done a lot of damage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Sad figure, in my opinion.  Desperately needs the limelight.  Desperately needs to still feel relevant.  Desperately needs to still feel important.  Desperately needs to still feel powerful.  I can't imagine why he would risk years of prison except for the previous mentioned desperate needs.

What befits a narcissist most?

Put him and tRump in adjoining Antarctic pink-rubber cells, with the speeches of Hillary, Sondi, Abhisit and E. Jean Carol’ s trial transcripts being read aloud 24/7 glitching digital loop for eternity. You only get the feeding tubes to disgorge by turning up the audio for an hour. And no WiFi or internet connections for 1,000 miles!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Were you in Thailand when Taksin was PM?

None of your business and not germane!

My comment was regarding him spending time in prison and whether avoiding that was cowardly!  I suggest if you are going to quote me and ask questions that you make your question(s) relevant to my quote!

I said; How is it "cowardly" to not want to spend any time in a Thai Prison?

That has nothing to do with any alleged crimes he may or may not have committed as PM!

2 hours ago, Spock said:

One big problem I had with Thaksin was his Duterte like 'shoot a drug dealer/user' campaign which failed to discriminate between real criminals and small time users and dealers. You would not think Thaksin would be tolerant of legalised marijuana if he was again in a position of power.

I had a problem too with that. 

There's a big difference between amphetamines and ganja though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

None of your business and not germane!

My comment was regarding him spending time in prison and whether avoiding that was cowardly!  I suggest if you are going to quote me and ask questions that you make your question(s) relevant to my quote!

I said; How is it "cowardly" to not want to spend any time in a Thai Prison?

That has nothing to do with any alleged crimes he may or may not have committed as PM!

Sorry, I thought you said what you were replying to. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

If he has a serious medical condition, dementia or some such, he won't do a day in chokey I'll wager. Call a doctor!

If this is a prediction, I think you might be correct.

To receive a royal pardon, the prisoner needs to be serving his sentence. It's unthinkable that Thaksin will go to prison, but his sentence could be served in a medical facility.

After receiving his pardon (or compassionate release) he could then make a miraculous recovery - it's been done before, not just in Thailand.

(Kamnan Poh - Godfather of Chonburi, Ernest Saunders - Guinness share dealing scandal)

43 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

If this is a prediction, I think you might be correct.

To receive a royal pardon, the prisoner needs to be serving his sentence. It's unthinkable that Thaksin will go to prison, but his sentence could be served in a medical facility.

After receiving his pardon (or compassionate release) he could then make a miraculous recovery - it's been done before, not just in Thailand.

(Kamnan Poh - Godfather of Chonburi, Ernest Saunders - Guinness share dealing scandal)

Sure. Diabetes. Dementia. Nut shrinkage. Chronic flatulence. Piles. Any well accredited doctor could no doubt come up with a long list of hard to disprove ailments. Yes. He'll walk, no doubt about that. But PT might find it difficult after the kicking they'll be getting from their erstwhile supporters, and the rogering by their erstwhile political opponents. Yeah take it like the chicken <deleted>s you are, so called "Leaders of For Thailand".

Edited by bradiston

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Who is Bill Bailey?

Mrs Baileys husband.

She kicked him out and shacked up with another guy, who treated her terribly. When she realised her mistake she pleaded with Bill to please come home.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Bill+Bailey+Won't+You+Please+Come+Home+lyrics

Edited by chickenslegs
clarity

You couldn't dream up this much instability, Thaksin returning will do nothing but turn up the heat on the overboiling pot. If he comes back and goes to jail, half the population will be in an uproar, if he comes back and doesn't go to jail, the ever-powerful Elites will be in an uproar. The only possible way it could work is if he is given a pardon on the condition he never speaks of politics again, or takes any part in politics again, then hides from the public eye. God forbid he dies while in custody, that might actually start a Civil War, there is really no good outcome with him returning, which is why they let him live in exile.

14 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Bearing in mind the individuals involved, I can see some double crossing. Here are 2 possibilities.

1.   They promise to pardon him then leave him locked up for years on technicalities.

2.  They pardon him and then he reneges on his promise to back the Army when released.

Many other possibilities for a stitch up on either side. Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Very interesting coment:

"...They pardon him and then he reneges on his promise to back the Army when released."

But would he dare to "...reneges on his promise to back the Army when released?

Anybody who has been around for a while would know that the army will always ensure it's no more than half a step away from being in total control.

The paymaster starts to give even the slighest hint of "starts to renege on his promises to back the back the army and the paymaster will be 'confined to barracks' very quickly indeed.

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I had a problem too with that. 

There's a big difference between amphetamines and ganja though. 

Yes there is, but I am not so sure that Thaksin would see the difference that we see between the two substances.

35 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Very interesting coment:

"...They pardon him and then he reneges on his promise to back the Army when released."

"He did what?  Here, hold my tank ..."

Honesty, considering all that's transpired between various parties, PT would surely be least favored for a Royal pardon, especially considering Surayud Chulanont's past and current roles.

15 hours ago, 2baht said:

How cowardly is it to run away in the first place?

umm...he didn't run, he was in New York for a UN meeting when the military preformed a coup.

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but no need to make false claims.

I do admit that when he was PM things were good, our business was booming.

He did some good things for the people too, but he's corrupt just like the rest of the them. 

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Very interesting coment:

Anybody who has been around for a while would know that the army will always ensure it's no more than half a step away from being in total control.

The paymaster starts to give even the slighest hint of "starts to renege on his promises to back the back the army and the paymaster will be 'confined to barracks' very quickly indeed.

It's not the army who grants royal pardons, so if there is a promise made, it will be made to the person who can grant a 'royal' pardon. It also won't be the army who will define the content of the promise.

It may be added that, unlike the current faction in power (it was Prem's faction), Thaksin has been a loyal support to this person for some time. 

16 hours ago, bannork said:

Fine but don't announce multiple times ( how many now? over 10 for sure) that you're coming home, and then you don't!

Crossing the x and y in this deal would have to be based on trust, my feeling is this is a ongoing feud between 2 families, and I think they are having trouble deciding who gets what, so someone is going to be loosing face, and we all know that loosing face goes right through Asian society. 

Definitely looks like the military appointed and controlled by the rich and powerful want to have the say and someone doesn't want Thaksin to have any part of it. 

So who will be PM, that's the sticky point, I thought Anutin, and Pheu Thai having a bit of a say, Thaksin returns and gets a pardon and looks after the grandkids, Pita moves back and waits, but it seems like thats to easy, and whatever they do will have to keep the people happy, that's looking very complicated now. 

If the shxxx hits the fan, and we see a return of riots then there will be only one solution, another military government. 

1 hour ago, candide said:

It's not the army who grants royal pardons, so if there is a promise made, it will be made to the person who can grant a 'royal' pardon. It also won't be the army who will define the content of the promise.

It may be added that, unlike the current faction in power (it was Prem's faction), Thaksin has been a loyal support to this person for some time. 

It's quite simple, he who pays the piper calls the tune, but the fight is 2 want to pay the piper and one does not want to back down