Arent you tired of the rubbish

bignok

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Tens of thousands of expats have already left.

Yeah, right.  Tens of thousands?  Over what period and where did you see those stats?  Perhaps there are stats that show that in the same period your "tens of thousands" were replaced by new arrivals?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

When you are tired of the rubbish in your own country that you grew up,  it's not a surprise that you will be tired of an adopted country. 

BTW... Why settle down in Thailand? 

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
15 hours ago, bignok said:

Politics

Stupid visas

Stupid movies and music

Terrible drivers

Expand  

What is a stupid visa?

They're what his own country also insists upon for visitors!   Oddly enough, it also has politics, stupid movies and music and some terrible drivers!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

They're what his own country also insists upon for visitors!   Oddly enough, they also have politics, stupid movies and music and some terrible drivers!

Indeed! 

But the TV was quality, Benny Hill and Coronation Street 555

I just watched all of Season 2 of Is It Cake? on Netflix.

Can't fault it. It's a big watch in Pot stores. Best drunk/stoned audience participation show ever. 

So no, I personally am not tired of all the rubbish. This is the Golden Era of Rubbish.

55 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed! 

But the TV was quality, Benny Hill and Coronation Street 555

That was pretty good rubbish too.

Edited by LaosLover

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A couple of years ago, I was considering leaving. Tens of thousands of expats have already left. There is ALOT of nonsense here. 

But, we did look around. Spent some time traveling and looking for alternatives. Couldn't find any that made sense, which we liked more than here. Alot of other places are worse, and if we were wealthy, we would have more options. But, many spots have become frightfully expensive. Thailand is still reasonable. And we were happy to return.

Many of us have very good lives here. Other than moaning on this forum, I spend most of the time with my head buried as deep in the sand, as I can, trying hard to ignore the waves of nonsense. 

I lived in several countries, and on balance Thailand was the best.

Singapore used to be the best till it went super affluent and sterile. When they closed Bugis street as a night spot it was the end of any fun in that place, IMO.

England/ London- too wet, too cold, too dirty, too crowded, lacking a fun vibe.

Saudi- less said the better.

Ireland- too wet, too cold.

Antarctica- ( not a country- I know that ) great place to live, but only if one has a job. No rentals or retirement villages down there.

Thailand- hot all year round, cheap, interesting, great scenery, nice beaches ( away from the tourist places ), best fun vibe of any country I've been in, pretty girls that don't think "feminine" is a bad word.

What's not too love?

• Like 2

In tired of the actual rubbish. And there are a few other things I don't like. 

However, no place is perfect. Immigration makes me nervous every time, but if I don't blow it out of proportion mentally, it's a very small part of my life here.

For the most part, I get left to my own devices and can do what I want. 

I think some posters are missing the point that this isn't a compliant about Thailand but a complaint about the regularity of boring topics, and the same boring comments, on Asean Now.

It is a sign that it is time to log off and go for a walk in the sunshine and not come back for a while. Otherwise you start making boring comments yourself that you have made before. Similar to what I am doing now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/31/2023 at 5:57 AM, bignok said:

Politics

Stupid visas

Stupid movies and music

Terrible drivers

Seems you need to get a life, and try to really LIVE, instead of relaying on outside enjoyments.

Get friends get a hobby of some sort..... Maybe then you can be able to see stuff in a more sunny side of it, instead of this negative way.... It is really quite pathetic... 

- So do not read about politics that is just stupid as you cannot change any of it.

- VISAS, is stupid because you do not understand the law/rules

- Movies and music - Do not see them movies, and do not listen to the awful music... Stream you own movies/shows...

- Drive passive and as little as possible..... 

Learn how to adapt.... Time will teach you I am sure..

Edited by glegolo18

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, I do! Out of the reason it´s necessary to get some people to stop pestering this forum with negativity

No negativity ... it would come to a grinding halt ????

I'm surprised the suicide rate isn't much higher.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yeah, right.  Tens of thousands?  Over what period and where did you see those stats?  Perhaps there are stats that show that in the same period your "tens of thousands" were replaced by new arrivals?

No. It happened. The expat population is lower now. In the past 3 years many left. 

A friend of mine uses a foreign lawyer in Bangkok, who is one of the top attorneys around. He said his office cannot find enough hours in the day to meet with expats who are leaving, with their Thai spouse or family, and dealing with legal arrangements and wills for their remaining Thai families, properties, etc. 

He said he has never seen anything like it, in the 30 years he has been in practice here. 

Woe is Thailand. Where is the hope for the future? 

The dinosaur creeps are moving this nation backwards at a breakneck pace. Truly regressive reptilian leadership. And now, a good guy is elected, and what do they do? 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, proton said:

Another one who came and 'fell in love with the culture' thinking that was only bars and pro's then gets annoyed and bored when he finds out it's not ???? The music is amazing, would not stay without that.

The music amazes me too, it sounds like cats being tortured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Another one who came and 'fell in love with the culture' thinking that was only bars and pro's then gets annoyed and bored when he finds out it's not ???? The music is amazing, would not stay without that.

The music is largely dull as dish water (with a few notable exceptions) unless you get off on Morlam or Kantrum.

I don't know anyone who would stay for the music!

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The music is largely dull as dish water (with a few notable exceptions) unless you get off on Morlam or Kantrum.

I don't know anyone who would stay for the music!

Morlam, luktung, ramwong, lukrung, get off on all of it, kantrum very much a niche, but usually gets put on when the family have had a few. Best times of my life have been at Thai music events, detest pop and string mush though.

• Love It 1