Nirun Condo low class ??

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I guess though if your say 67 and on a aged pension from your country and you had around 300,000 baht spare then buying in the Nirun would be ok.

As long as I have a balcony ,air conditioning,and a good TV I would be happy .

I guess you would get used to seeing the old drunk farangs around as you walk to the supermarket etc .

The only thing I wouldn't like is if the neighbours are coughing everynight from smoking or music karaoke playing in the hallways outside your door or drunk farangs shouting etc.

Whatever the case it probably would be far far better to live in the Nirun than say the government housing of Birmingham or Sydney's Mount Druitt 

I like Soi Arunothai, same soi as Nirun, so i checked out Pattaya Pad, another cheap place, no pool which was a positive at the time, one of the things that put me off was an elderly American with dementia or something shouting and making a scene about nothing, you get these types too in last chance saloon 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I like Soi Arunothai, same soi as Nirun, so i checked out Pattaya Pad, another cheap place, no pool which was a positive at the time, one of the things that put me off was an elderly American with dementia or something shouting and making a scene about nothing, you get these types too in last chance saloon 

Did you stay at Pattaya Pad? It was too downmarket for me, I never bothered checking out the room after I saw the outside.

I walked around and there was an overweight burly guy sitting downstairs drinking in a tank top. He just glared at me when I walked by. There’s nowhere to really hangout at these cheap places outside your room so people end up sitting outside, down by the stairs, whatever.

Nirun is a step up you have the pool, stores etc so can kind of avoid people you don’t want to interact with.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Did you stay at Pattaya Pad? It was too downmarket for me, I never bothered checking out the room after I saw the outside.

I walked around and there was an overweight burly guy sitting downstairs drinking in a tank top. He just glared at me when I walked by. There’s nowhere to really hangout at these cheap places outside your room so people end up sitting outside, down by the stairs, whatever.

Nirun is a step up you have the pool, stores etc so can kind of avoid people you don’t want to interact with.

Just passed it, never stayed there. Pools are unnecessary really, most people use for a few weeks then never again. I was looking for a condo with no pool, only 2 in Pattaya i could find, one being Pattaya Pad. I live Pratumnak now, so glad i chose that condo

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just passed it, never stayed there. Pools are unnecessary really, most people use for a few weeks then never again. I was looking for a condo with no pool, only 2 in Pattaya i could find, one being Pattaya Pad. I live Pratumnak now, so glad i chose that condo

Why would you care if there was a pool or not? Lower maintenance fee?

46 minutes ago, NextG said:

Why would you care if there was a pool or not? Lower maintenance fee?

Yep, if i wouldn't use a pool why would i want one. Back in UK virtually zero apartments have pools. Where i eventually bought hardly anyone uses the pool

Edited by scubascuba3

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Could zero pools in UK have to with it's bloody cold there year round? Total opposite to Thailand. 

My Condo block has 3 pools

Not year round, my school had a pool and some friends had pools.

Most people don't use pools here even though it's hot

Edited by scubascuba3

25 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't like pools 

I saw the pool at the Nirun apartment

,I wonder if it's cleaned properly?

I stopped using it at my last place. Reason was I kept getting bacteria infections in my ear. Itching inside the ear and some pain when pulling in the earlobe. Took me awhile to figure out what was going on. It was from swimming in the pool putting my head under the water.

Drops from the pharmacy cleared it up, but I keep my head above water when I use the pool now. You need just the right amount of chemicals and somebody who “knows what they are doing” to keep the water clean.

Anyhow, I used the Nirun pool only a couple times. Was always real crowded with lots of kids etc. I don’t like crowded pools and I’m not really in the best shape either, some people look better with their shirts on. In fairness to Nirun I did not get the infections there, it was at another place.

Edited by JimTripper

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Could zero pools in UK have to with it's bloody cold there year round? Total opposite to Thailand. 

My Condo block has 3 pools

Agree.  I love a pool--especially in Thailand with year-round warm weather.  I wouldn't buy a condo in a complex without a big pool, or pools.  The pools were definitely used in the condo projects I owned at and lived in at Pattaya condos.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't like pools 

I saw the pool at the Nirun apartment

,I wonder if it's cleaned properly?

I was rudely asked by someone if I peed in the pool, and I replied 'not my own'......

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I think having a nice pool area to both relax and get a bit of easy exercise in is why it doesn't bother me that Pattaya and Jomtien beaches aren't regarded as up to the standard of other locations in Thailand. It's one of those points I'm willing to accept as a trade-off in weighing up the total package of liveability. An early morning walk along the beach followed by relaxing by the pool is the ideal combination for me.

How does this pic say Pattaya beaches aren't up to standard 

20230318_124638.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How does this pic say Pattaya beaches aren't up to standard 

20230318_124638.jpg

I should have added, " aren't regarded by others ", I like nothing better than sitting across the road enjoying a beer or coffee looking out at that view. However I wouldn't dream of actually swimming in that water, but I don't have to I have a nice pool, which was my point of best of both worlds for me.

Edited by kinyara
Addition
  • Like 2

I remember I looked at a room there once, I needed a 1 month stay, and the location was perfect, close to Big C, but before I even entered the building I had to pass the locals staying there and I got the wrong vibes from this place.  I found another place , a bit more expensive but safe.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, balo said:

I remember I looked at a room there once, I needed a 1 month stay, and the location was perfect, close to Big C, but before I even entered the building I had to pass the locals staying there and I got the wrong vibes from this place.  I found another place , a bit more expensive but safe.   

Sounds a bit discriminatory, but as Nirun residents don't read ASEAN forum , who cares ????

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 3:12 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Not year round, my school had a pool and some friends had pools.

Most people don't use pools here even though it's hot

You don't like swimming pools.  That's fine and is your choice.  You shouldn't extrapolate how you feel about swimming pools to include everyone else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, swerve said:

You don't like swimming pools.  That's fine and is your choice.  You shouldn't extrapolate how you feel about swimming pools to include everyone else.

No extrapolation going on just calculate how many people use a condo pool vs number of residents, very low usage

On 7/31/2023 at 2:48 PM, TimeMachine said:

If you wanna get laid often,  live at Nirun. Lots of wonderful girls there. 

I know a bunch of bargirls who live in Nirun.

Also, many of the ladies who work at the BJ bars on Soi Bonkot 8 live in Nirun.

• Thanks 1