Thai Police Pledge to Eradicate Foreign Motorcycle Clubs Involved in Alleged Criminal Activities

snoop1130

13 hours ago, BE88 said:

Big Joke declares that it is necessary to amend the pension permit law because it is too easy to obtain it with 800,000 B. and that to attract quality people it will be necessary to amend it. I assume he meant quality person who is willing to deposit a few million in Thai bank.

The tic tac has begun for our departure from the country of the quick smile.

Let's hope Big Joke doesn't buy his way into the TAT boardroom.????????

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I am not sure comparing to Thais has validity in this. They are interested in foreigners

Yes that is how they think, but a fair assessment would be to compare crime conviction rates of retirees to the 'norm'.

13 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

That's strange.  No mention by the joker as to how easy it is to obtain a visa with no money in the bank in exchange for a brown envelope with 25K baht to an agent.

Must be an urban legend.

I don't think the agent gets to keep too much of that, but agents do serve a purpose for many.????????

14 hours ago, BE88 said:

Big Joke declares that it is necessary to amend the pension permit law because it is too easy to obtain it with 800,000 B. and that to attract quality people it will be necessary to amend it. I assume he meant quality person who is willing to deposit a few million in Thai bank.

The tic tac has begun for our departure from the country of the quick smile.

Not if they if they keep going the way of the LTR visa; the pension doesn't have to be paid into a  Thai bank while the health insurance  doesn't have to be in Thai either. The whole paperwork can be in English and processed online. Can be done from home in less than a couple of hours.

14 hours ago, mokwit said:

Picking on retirees again rather than solve the problem.

The bikey murderer was living in Thailand on a retirement visa. Logic suggests that others will be doing the same.

Those on the same visa class will now face the possibility of the criteria to obtain these visas and extensions being tightened.

It would only be a matter of time before that happened anyway, as more and more foreigners use this visa class to stay here.

My guess is that financial obligations will increase, and agents providing the banking services will be targetted. 

Let's wait and see.

Here we go again and it all just talk as always.

At my sons international school, the amount of students has gone from 300 to 1000 in just one year. Now completely packed with especially Chinese.

In my Moo Baan the amount of foreigners has exploded. They are now everywhere, unlike before and during Covid.

Covid showed the Thais how much they actually need the foreigners. Not only the tourists, but also those who live here long-term. They need them, as they actually have and spend money. Unlike most Thais who struggle with large unpaid debts.

The only reason they would change any requirements, is due to the high demand and them getting “easy money”. And I doubt they will change anything at all, as right now they need all the foreigners they can get. Would be too risky to change anything for them.

The foreigners in the biker gangs are easy to eliminate, if they want. But as even the Thai official says himself. Corruption is a big part of the problem. 

So as always nothing is going to change, as it never does in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why not crack down on all outlaw motorcycle clubs, foreign and local?

The Thai motorcycle clubs are merely into riding motorcycles.

Not into drug smuggling and standover.

In Thailand the police do the standover and drug dealing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On reflection, I remember that Joke was talking about getting the 1979 act amended when he was Imm Chief. Maybe too much vested interest got in the way and maybe will again.

They seem to be able to do a lot with Police Orders. There has been no Parliamentary involvement in changes such as 400k year 'round OR for example dropping TM28 which is stipulated by the law.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My guess is that financial obligations will increase

It has been a while since they have upped it.

I am more concerned about my elite visa. Hard to know how it will play out.

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is very important for law enforcement to focus on the real crime, and root out these foreigners. Everyone knows most of the crime committed here is by foreigners. The locals are very honorable, and few of them are corrupt, or dishonest. Even the army, the police, immigration, customs and other officials here are super clean and honest. So, why focus on them? Get the foreigners!

Gee you like complaining about Thais. Feeling a bit victimised are we?

1. They havent said they wont go after Thais as well. They do everyday. The jails are overcrowded.

2. These clubs are known to be involved in criminal activity. They are famous for it. Should they be ignored so as not to upset your sensitivities?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Police say they will crack down on illegal foreign motor bike gangs  involved in dubious trade ect

Seemingly they are aware of what's going on maybe look for the people who are benefiting from the gangs brown envelopes come to mind ????????

Big Joke tackles it. 

How many people would be gone, if just the "visa service" (25.000 to the agent, 5 minutes 800k deposit, visa stamp and return the money to the service) would be fully banned. 

Not only many so called 1%er Bikers, but also scums that are permanently living on last grizzle, baloon chasers and other for the country non beneficial subjects, that are living from rip off and tear dropping bad day stories or bothering the wealthy farangs with their perfect business idea whilst the 25 years old scooter is rusting away from underneath their a$$es.

The only way is:

- Provide your health insurance coverage and fees paid

- Your bank account has 365 days a coverage of 800k (or the payment of 65k has been received monthly) 

- check the criminal records strictly as part of the Visa process..

Unfortunately as soon they are kicked out the "market" is open and new scums and low lifes coming in.

And these ones coming, you cannot identify by patches on the back of a leather vest....

Edited by Reginald Prewster
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Reginald Prewster said:

The only way is:

- Provide your health insurance coverage and fees paid

- Your bank account has 365 days a coverage of 800k (or the payment of 65k has been received monthly) 

- check the criminal records strictly as part of the Visa process..

Include something that excludes all the farangs calling for visa tightening.

How about: "educated to Masters level" as per one visa type. Only problem is very few people did Masters back in the 70's 80's even 90's.