Local Residents Capture Video of Foreign Mafia Intimidating Tourists at Pattaya Viewpoint

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The men, resembling a Kuwaiti tourist group of more than 10 individuals

Therefore they could also resemble Saudis, Emiratis, Bahrainis, Qataris, Omanis, Lebanese, Syrian or Iraqis. Where the <deleted> did they get Kuwaiti from? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bigjoke here is a real job for you. Find these crooks and lock them out indefinitely.

It really shocks me as no Pattaya visit without view point after sundown.

The BP had a story about Big Joke's answer to rising crime among foreigners:  Increase the deposit amounts needed for a retirement visa.  Obviously people who can pay 2 or 3 million instead of 800,000 must be fine, honest, upstanding citizens!

• Like 1

Considering this is not just a view point but a naval station I have a huge problem with this.  I am sure that the people that work there if they saw guns would be on the phone to Pattaya police.  Naval persons there I am sure would be on the phone to military police.

3rd  the only paper covering it is this one?

Next question that others have raised is how do they know what nationality any of these people are if they have not been arrested?

I just see so much wrong in this.

1 Guy 1 gun and he can take so many people hostage for nothing?  Even if it was a group what was the purpose?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Law enforcement is urged to investigate and apprehend the culprits promptly, as this incident severely tarnishes Pattaya's image

Pattaya police are invisible and tarnish Pattaya's image every time they do become noted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

Lawless, and they're cracking down on retirement visas.

It's all a bit of a big joke isn't it?

This is Joke painting a rosy picture to make it look like he is going after the gangs and criminals. Joke knows already that most gang members and criminals have retirement and even residence visas because they have access to millions of Bhat in their accounts, Remember Joke was removed once for fleecing wealthy foreigners. 

• Like 1

In the photo he looks to be about the same age, I honestly think it a set up, They dont seem to have any real concern, so until proven otherwise I would more likely believe its a vlog/blog or whatever it is called. If that is the case a fine for all of them, seeing that they can nolonger scream about on motorbikes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

For all the board sarcasm, witticisms and levity, this is no laughing matter especially for that group of tourists.

It seems certain groups are getting ' WAY OUT OF CONTROL ' down in Pattaya.

This needs stamping on and firmly right now by authorities. It seems certain groups of young men from a certain region think ' anything goes ' in Pattaya.

For the jokers here, I bet you are well happy to be posting here and not having a gun pointed at your head.

And those silly pillocks in Bangkok want to call this place a family resort for high quality tourists!

Agreed. Even if it was only a replica/BB gun that you see in all the markets, to the average Joe, who's never handled a gun, let alone ever had one pointed at them, it must have been horrendously traumatic. I hope it get plastered all over social media/new sites.

Not only is Pattaya way out of control, but so is most of this forum these days, it seems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Just found out 2/08/2023 @1800 it was done for "content". This kind of crap has got to stop! Throw them all in jail to send a message, then deport them forever! 

https://www.77kaoded.com/news/sangk/2463355?fbclid=IwAR2346_bVqnXdJmdFk0JIiEhX6IYeoICF8kpfeSfYeyZ8ugbz8mSyw3AkFw#google_vignette

Seemingly a couple of Burmese lads were hired to act in a content creating video........

Reading the Report it smells like a face-saving exercise to save the reputation of Patayya. I think they were Thais paid by the kuwait's when it backfired and hit MSM the boys in brown quickly shifted the blame to Burmese, all to save Patayya's Reputation.

Edited by BarraMarra

"..................this incident severely tarnishes Pattaya's image as a tourist destination."

For the first time the quote  "severely tarnishes" is 100% appropriate, rather than arresting "streakers" with the same reasoning.

How about rephrasing that as:-  "this incident severely tarnishes Pattaya's image as a safe, crime free, family friendly tourist destination"

6 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

The BP had a story about Big Joke's answer to rising crime among foreigners:  Increase the deposit amounts needed for a retirement visa.  Obviously people who can pay 2 or 3 million instead of 800,000 must be fine, honest, upstanding citizens!

Sounds like typical Thai "anti-logic"!

It is the people who can easily pay the 2 or 3 million that are more likely to be the criminals!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PPGuy said:

https://www.77kaoded.com/news/sangk/2463355?fbclid=IwAR2346_bVqnXdJmdFk0JIiEhX6IYeoICF8kpfeSfYeyZ8ugbz8mSyw3AkFw#google_vignette

Seemingly a couple of Burmese lads were hired to act in a content creating video........

Which also shows that the initial reporting of the brave bystander secretly filming the whole thing was just BS. You can see even in the video that the guy with the "gun" clearly saw that person filming and didn't mind. And he didn't mind because it was not a real situation.

You can see the person with the fake gun giving a friendly embrace to the guy who he then tells to hold up his hands. He didn't have any aggressive demeanor, no shouting. No one was in fear. Completely ridicolous to report this as a dangerous mafia situation.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

Therefore they could also resemble Saudis, Emiratis, Bahrainis, Qataris, Omanis, Lebanese, Syrian or Iraqis. Where the <deleted> did they get Kuwaiti from? 

Kuwaitis are recently in the news for making trouble riding about on scooters.....known to be Kuwaitis... simply from there. 

On 8/2/2023 at 1:27 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Should be banned from entering Thailand for twenty years, at least. Must be in possession of an illegal gun also. 

No I do not agree should be kept here as a guest of Thailand for couple of years @ the Bangkok hilton